It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Miraculous NASA Breakthrough That Could Save Millions of Lives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

yeah but memory foam has carcinogens that makes you sick and stuff
so -1 point for nasa

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BleeeeepWhat would prevent the capsule from releasing its full dose into someone, all at once; effectively killing them? Could the delivery system be damaged or made to malfunction?

Yes, these are serious questions I'd think the Food and Drug Administration are asking about it, before it goes into the public sphere.

I think carbon nanotubes are strong enough to withstand normal pressures that the human homeostasis puts on them, however you would have to be very careful when dealing with external factors. I suppose the biocapsule could be broken if there was an unlucky gunshot to the area that uses brute force to crack it open, however with a persons awareness the best safety if it is implanted in your thigh I think you just need to make sure you don't smack your leg on anything too hard.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Yeah, I'll pass. I'm already a guinea pig for who knows how many other Gov. experiments they're already conducting on the public without being informed or without our consent.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As a trade off for going into space and setting foot on another celestial body, I'd absolutely get "chipped". But I'm not sold on making this available to society. People need to be able to die in a timely fashion. Constantly increasing life expectancy would lead to even more overpopulation. An overcrowded planet with rapid depletion of natural resources needed to meet the demands of an average longer life could lead to decreased quality of life overall.

For extenuating circumstances, this is great. But cheating death as a whole could wind up haunting us.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Cool for astronauts. Not for "millions of lives".

They're just looking for a valid reason to chip you. I don't care if the chip will make my penis two feet long and have it hunting for mice, there's no way I will ever accept a chip.

Say no to the chip.
edit on 8-2-2012 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Never heard that before. I looked it up and supposedly a lot of beds have toxins. Guess we have to buy a new hypoallergenic bed or go back to sleeping on the ground and using our arms as pillows.

I was speaking on the delivery system not the strength of the casing. The article mentioned it would monitor the body and release doses of whatever needed when needed. The nano tube is just the case... its not the thing monitoring and releasing the doses. What's the delivery system and how safe is it really?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I was speaking on the delivery system not the strength of the casing. The article mentioned it would monitor the body and release doses of whatever needed when needed. The nano tube is just the case... its not the thing monitoring and releasing the doses. What's the delivery system and how safe is it really?

I don't actually have the answers to that, I'm not really associated with the scientists who are working on it, but in the video it said they would be releasing cells of the treatment. I suppose the delivery system is a network of these capsules if the dose needs to be strong, but if the dose only needs to be small, then one biocapsule might be able to hold a significant amount of doses.

However the delivery system and doses are held within the capsule, I do not see what you are asking concerning safety. The case doesn't monitor the patient, but the monitor would be a custom set of gates that test for certain signals.

Perhaps astronauts would have an iodide dose to prevent radiation sickness, the mechanism for releasing the iodide would be the radiation triggering the capsule. If Astronauts are exposed to unhealthy amounts of radiation the system releases a dose of iodide to counter-act the radiation quickly.

I do not know if by safety you mean someone unauthorized getting hold of a remote system to set off the trigger, but I do not think that would happen.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: ???

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The article is very vague.

The article just describes how the nano tube could be used to make a capsule but gives no information about the capsule's delivery system.

I imagine the delivery system would be composed of a miniature computer with circuits and a switch. It would check the blood and if found to need whatever is in the capsule it would then open to release whatever is in the capsule. blah blah blah

Okay here what I was getting at.... How safe is it to have a miniature computer govern over a lethal dose of whatever is inside said capsule. What happens if you're hit with a strong emp wave from the sun or something? What if it could be manipulated with high frequency radio waves or whatever. It would be like a time bomb inside of you.

The structural integrity of the nano tube is of no concern... it is the miniature computer I would be worried about.

Hope you understand now, I don't know how I could say it more clearly than that.

I'm starting to think that the author of that article took a concept idea and made it seem like the thing already exists.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew

The Miraculous NASA Breakthrough That Could Save Millions of Lives

I don't see how this could save "millions" of lives, if it's only meant for deep space astronauts. I don't think there are a million deep space astronauts on the planet.

Because if it was also done on earth it could involve millions of people having such implants and receiving treatment for various conditions a lot faster than current systems can manage - faster treatment often translates into better results.

Of course whether you consider this a good idea or not will depend upon all sorts of things to do with you - but the principle is pretty obvious and simple.

I'm surprised you don't see this - I know you've got a very good imagination.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I see this system accidently causing millions of deaths. Sure if it were a perfect system and fail proof then it would be a good thing. But the trial period and human test subjects are not going to be very pretty.

Of course you believe everything NASA tells you. I'm surprised you don't already have one of these chips implanted up your chicken hole.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I think you're trying to impart an understanding to me that I already have; it needs more tests rather than just blind faith. Sure, it could be dangerous if there is a lethal dose in the biocapsule, however a microcomputer may or may not be the the mechanism for releasing the dose. For all we know they took the consideration of an EMP happening and decided to make it a mechanically simple test for the ailment they are expecting to treat with the biocapsule, rather than a computer which would need more specialized assembly or constant worry about its parts.

Perhaps it is redundant in a manner that even if an EMP hits it and knocks out a bit of circuitry the secondary system comes online to start the dose.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Very impressive, but remember that an astronaut's medical situation is different from an ordinary person's. NASA already knows what he's eating and drinking, when/how much he's exercising, the air pressure/purity, and a lot of other things about him and the things that could affect him. With an ordinary person the variables are much much greater, so the NASA micro-implants could only cover some, not all and probably not most, medical questions.

More important, I'll bet a lot of people, maybe most, would refuse the implants. The implants could be suspected of spying on people, maybe even controlling them (remember McVeigh's notion that the Army had implanted some sort of microchip in his butt?). Certainly the NASA implant could be used to tell the cops if someone's been drinking, or if he's been smoking pot.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

You jsut can't even accept a simple concept can you - all I did was outline how it might work to help milloins of people, but you are such a nay-sayer that the only think yuo can think of is that it will kill insteada of cure, and hen chuck in an obscene and utterly pointless insult .

I'm surprised you use a computer at all since TPTB might use it to track and then electrocute you!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
People with extreme back pain have those boxes surgically implanted that release a dose of narcotics to keep them alive.

That turned out to be a flop. Battery going dead, things going haywire.....many variables ended up showing that device killed people. I think there was just a massive recall of one of those devices.

These new "nano" tube dream versions....will suffer the same fate. Just keep the pills in a bottle and take them when you need them. Relying on technology= death.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
People with extreme back pain have those boxes surgically implanted that release a dose of narcotics to keep them alive.

That turned out to be a flop. Battery going dead, things going haywire.....many variables ended up showing that device killed people. I think there was just a massive recall of one of those devices.

These new "nano" tube dream versions....will suffer the same fate. Just keep the pills in a bottle and take them when you need them. Relying on technology= death.

Well if reliance on technology is a bad thing how come people with Pacemakers don't all drop dead like clockwork? Facts are facts, while I want you to give me some links about the people with extreme back pain I'll recognize that this is scary to you.

I don't think being implanted with this would lead to inevitable doom.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

And when your newly selected group of well chosen scientists reveal the same images to you, you'll cry the same tune.

"I don't understand how things work, therefore you all must be liars!"

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by badfish420

Say no to the chip.

Can't..

To busy denying ignorance.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Is it just a concept/idea or do they have some proof of concept or maybe even a prototype?

I can't find anything on the web that goes into detail about how it would actually work.

Is the "breakthrough" nothing more than some guy's idea?

If its just some idea than I have a lot of miraculous breakthroughs.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Is it just a concept/idea or do they have some proof of concept or maybe even a prototype?

I can't find anything on the web that goes into detail about how it would actually work.

Is the "breakthrough" nothing more than some guy's idea?

If its just some idea than I have a lot of miraculous breakthroughs.

Google's 'Solve For X' might be a good place for you to get those ideas off your chest so they can be of some use to humanity.

Right now it is merely a recent breakthrough, so we would expect to hear more about it later, not today, but in a few months maybe we will hear of progress.

I do think it is just in testing stages, so maybe a bit more advanced than a prototype. But saying it will cure millions right away would be an overstep of the current line that we are pushing.

'Could' being the keyword here. You won't find a lot of news relating to this reliably because the search terms for this kind of implant are all bogged down in .... well not to blame ATS but the things ATS talks about will weigh the returns of any search towards unreliable conspiracy websites talking about an NWO.

Don't worry, I don't mean that in a bad way, the only way to prevent something like this from being a bad thing is obviously citizen vigilance, but this kind of thing was expected by those who have reason to fear it.

Until it becomes an actually explored discipline by experts who know what they're doing, this technology will merely be overshadowed by the people who fear the implications of it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
double post
edit on 9-2-2012 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join