It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Miraculous NASA Breakthrough That Could Save Millions of Lives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

gizmodo.com

Picture this: An astronaut is going to Mars. The round-trip journey will take between two and three years. During that time, the astronaut will not have access to a doctor, and there's a lot that can go wrong with the human body in space. So, prior to launch, the astronaut is implanted with a number of NASA Biocapsules. A very small incision is made in the astronaut's skin for each Biocapsule (probably in the thigh), which is implanted subcutaneously.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's one of those stories that ATS would love to analyze, the idea of being 'microchipped' by a government gets floated around here quite a bit, many people think it's one of the first steps to a NWO and the conspiracies would seem to be true on the first glance of 'OMG, Government putting machines under our skin for the illusion of safety!'.

However I think an over-reaction is not going to be conducive for discussion on this new development. First of all it's for Astronauts, this is important to note because it's not going to be implanted in anyone who hasn't gone though a rigorous training regimen that is designed to help you survive in space flight. That means they might actually want and need this subcutaneous implant for their own safety when they've volunteered to be the ones who go into a space mission.

However I would also like to submit that this does indeed represent a stepping stone to a cybernetic way of life that poses a threat to the traditionally ignorant superstitions that religion is based upon. It would be common for those who are ignorant of science to be afraid of new technologies like this if they are suspicious of those in power. I'd actually like to point out being religious does not imply ignorance and superstitious as a fault, it is merely a symptom.

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Except NASA aren't a government agency..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When NASA can inject me with a nanobot medical team...I'll go to Mars....

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Except NASA aren't a government agency..

Yes it is

The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research.

en.wikipedia.org...

Who told you it wasn't a government agency?

edit on 8-2-2012 by Sachyriel because: 2/10 for getting me to respond

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

The NASA Biocapsule I made now sits proudly on a shelf above my desk. It is almost certainly the coolest physical thing I have ever made. An artifact from the future. Every time I look at it I feel like I'm looking through a window into another time. Twenty years from now these capsules may be commonplace. We may all have them under our skin, keeping us safe on Earth—or maybe on Mars.
Wow. The article is full of propaganda like this talking about how awesome it would be to have the government put these capsules in us "to keep us safe". Not cool.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sachyriel

Very cool!

I'm still waiting for prosthesis bodies; an prosthetic/substitute body/avatar someone could 'download' into, either temporarily, or semi-permanently during surgery, or while a replacement clone of their original body is grown for them to move back into.

That, for now, however, is science fiction.

This, though, is pretty darned cool, and hopefully it can and will be used here on earth to help many.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by targetingWow. The article is full of propaganda like this talking about how awesome it would be to have the government put these capsules in us "to keep us safe". Not cool.

Well if you don't want one don't line up to get one.
They're not pushing them into civilians just yet, so don't worry, we can burn that bridge when we come to it. I want one, not right away but if I need one in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well, they can keep the whole 'someday everyone may have one' concept....but overall, it's not a bad idea. I suppose being 'chipped' would be a perfectly reasonable trade-off in some things, like space travel. After all, what is the main objection to being chipped, if not religious? It'd be the ability to be tracked. Well, no one is hiding in a space flight, to say the very least. So, why not?

Cool article!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Who cares about NASA, them joksters need to be unfunded permanently and closed untill a new organization of scientists with an open mind who want real truth exposed take charge, because over the many years NASA lied to the public including any other government space research program. Unfund them all. Waste of taxpayer money. All NASA does is provide pretty pictures on the internet in CGI or in some other kind of trickster software then talks about miraculous things they can do in the future, over the years they've done nothing because they had plenty of time to do many of things. My grandpa remembers NASA saying they'd put bases on the moon and this was back in his time, no word again about that in my time of generaton.

edit on 8-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthonygillespie2012
Who cares about NASA, they joksters need to be unfunded permanently and closed untill a new organization of scientists with an open mind who want real truth exposed take charge, because over the many years NASA lied to the public including any other government space research program. Unfund them all. Waste of taxpayer money. All NASA does is provide pretty pictures on the internet in CGI or in some other kind of trickster software.

I'd believe you, but you're merely a commentator on an internet forum, fairly anonymous and with no credentials. So, when you make claims like these, without adding to the discussion, we'll shrug them off.

How about some real discussion on the topic at hand, an implant under the skin that can release medical treatment when certain conditions are met. Currently in use by Astronauts, the powers that be seek to develop it into a process that can be applied to anyone who needs it instead of anyone needing to have it.

A bias against NASA aside, what do you think of the implications of technology really getting under our skin?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
That is one of the most least documented "science" stories that I've ever read, and I don't believe a shred of it,

I attempted to check with Wikipedia, nada. I looked at two pages of Google entries, mostly all crap sites we have never heard of which makes me think it has been seeded.

I believe this article is a hoax. if not,it is very poorly done. .

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't like it, and it doesn't have anything to do with religion. I haven't seen much of anything in the medical field that has been truly miraculous or beneficial in the last 10 years. It seems that everything they cook up is either to control us, to or deplete our bank account. Nearly all of their "advice" is contrary to good health, and all their new drugs are poison.

I don't have anything against NASA, as I have a very old, dear friend who has worked there for over 20 years, but I simply have lost faith with the medical establishment and the government. How easy it would be for this nanotechnology to be used in nefarious, rather than helpful, ways.

I'll pass, thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
That is one of the most least documented "science" stories that I've ever read, and I don't believe a shred of it,

I attempted to check with Wikipedia, nada. I looked at two pages of Google entries, mostly all crap sites we have never heard of which makes me think it has been seeded.

I believe this article is a hoax. if not,it is very poorly done. .

When a story is given to one outlet it is known as an 'Exclusive' and it's an important part of a press release; if you give a media outlet the rights to an exclusive release they'll take it because it will bring in more revenue to them rather than their competitors.

Gizmodo is a high-traffic site! www.alexa.com... It's #253 in the USA in terms of site rank.

If you don't believe it then fine, but it's not a hoax, I expect it to make some rounds to other news outlets later. They will probably mention Gizmodo in their reports to say there is a source.

Not everything is on Wikipedia, expecially when this is still very much only like a day-old as news.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
We all knew this was coming for a long time now?.. I don't understand why people act so surprised that it's actually happening lol.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the whole microchip thing. I don't like it because the power it gives people who control them. I don't like the fact that if they wanted too they could suspend your chip and basically make it impossible for you to even be a human being. (as in going to the store buying food, clocking in to work, medical, ect.) They could literally throw you to the wolves with it.

On the other hand I had a teacher once tell me that they were trying to make them also project clocks underneath your skin. Meaning you would ALWAYS have the time on the back of your hand. I thought that was kinda neat but it would cause a lot of anxiety lol.

I have a scary feeling that we will be like the movie "In Time" one day..

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I don't see how this could save "millions" of lives, if it's only meant for deep space astronauts. I don't think there are a million deep space astronauts on the planet.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I don't like it, and it doesn't have anything to do with religion. I haven't seen much of anything in the medical field that has been truly miraculous or beneficial in the last 10 years. It seems that everything they cook up is either to control us, to or deplete our bank account. Nearly all of their "advice" is contrary to good health, and all their new drugs are poison.

I don't have anything against NASA, as I have a very old, dear friend who has worked there for over 20 years, but I simply have lost faith with the medical establishment and the government. How easy it would be for this nanotechnology to be used in nefarious, rather than helpful, ways.

I'll pass, thanks.

God it's heard to get through to people with Good News. This isn't an off-the-shelf drug you will buy at a pharmacy, this is a surgery. This is a beneficial process that has the potential to impact the world as much as blood transfusions did, if properly utilized people can leave the entire idea of 'scheduled pill taking' to the past, the pills will be done away with as this tiny implant slowly lets out dosages of cells to treat the ailment.

You're right this is done for control over the body, but this can be a good thing! This new implant could deliver antihistamines to an allergy sufferer automatically upon receiving the signal that they need them. No more fumbling for an epipen!

>I'll pass

No one was offering it to you anyways!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Gave you a star for bringing up the fact that they are lying and/or are covering up a lot of information. (Such as ufos.)

But they do contribute some things to mankind... memory foam beds ftw.

on topic: The nano tube is basically a casing and something else has to control the dosage - some form of a delivery system. The article and video didn't mention anything on the delivery system of the capsules - what makes it work.

What would prevent the capsule from releasing its full dose into someone, all at once; effectively killing them? Could the delivery system be damaged or made to malfunction?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

The technology can be applied to those here on Earth, however development would have to go through places like the FDA for Americans, or Health Canada for Canadians.

This implant releases a treatment automatically, this article is about a breakthrough in auto-treatment no doctors needed for injecting you with needles, the dose can be stored in your body and activated by symptoms of the ailment.

It would be hard to roll it out to the general population for similar reasons to why widescale vaccinations are logistically difficult. It's currently a developing technology, keep your eyes out for more developments, and you will see plans of action start to form to sell it to the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join