It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly mammoth' caught on camera in Siberia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I'm not very familiar with the Siberian landscape. Are there even bears and salmon that live there?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Y is it everytime someone films something its blurry. ? I would have ran right up to the thing with the camera just to prove wut i was seeing. ? Nice try but this is fake

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
As it is a conspiracy site, im putting forward a new theory - it is an escaped clone from the Russian-Japanese team that is doing just that - cloning mammoths!

They found the sample they are cloning in Siberia - so where better to start the actual cloning?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Y is it everytime someone films something its blurry. ? I would have ran right up to the thing with the camera just to prove wut i was seeing. ? Nice try but this is fake

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
24 seconds? They didn't have enough to time to clean the camera lens, before it quickly ran away, never to be seen again?

Seriously, if that was a Woolly Mammoth, they would be able to find it again. There would be a clear picture of it.

Originally posted by disconnected8

Im beginning to think its clever editing and that it is an elephant super imposed over that river.

If they were 'clever', it wouldn't be that dam blurry.
Aside from the 'clever' part, I think you're probably right.

edit on 2/8/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

What the editor would want you to think! "Blurr it up and that way noone will suspect we have edited this!"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
it looks fake to my eyes.

The start bit wiht the wading through the water, its rushing white water you should not be able to see the submerged legs at all.

one mans 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Sun newspaper is mad, if it's not aliens being kept in a fridge, its a bear with a fish in its mouth being classed as an extinct animal.

It's funny though because i bet you half the people reading the sun probably did't even know what a mammoth was.

The only reason i look at the sun online is for a laugh and this just proves my point lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

DUDES! I can't believe you haven't seen what I can see... this ain't no elephant man, and it ain't no bear with a fish - it's ALIENS man, ALIENS!!! They've landing in Siberia and are adopting special ELEPHANT DISGUISES so we don't know that they are really ALIENS (although one has to say they have mucked up a bit and not done their homework - they should know there are naff all elephants in Siberia). Either way dudes it's conclusive proof that there are ALIENS on the planet man, they're coming to get us, we're all DOOOOMED!

This theory made me lol

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It really did look like a bear with a big fish in its mouth.

I think we can be skeptical (VERY skeptical) of the claim that it is a wooly mammoth.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
for some reason when i saw the link to the sun website i thought is this some sort of PR stunt for Jordan to break into the russian market

but it looks a bit like its a cgi jobbie to me

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I just love how the video starts with the animal already in the water and stops before it exists...

How conveinent that this guy didn't record it out of the water.

Or maybe its just Russia and they are still using 10 year old camera phones that only take 24 sec blurry videos...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am not saying its real, but its clearly not a bear. If you look real close (after the 14s mark) the ears are flapping like an elephants. Bears dont have large ears like that.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
East Siberian brown bear

They have long, dense and soft fur which is similar in colour to that of Eurasian brown bears, though darker coloured individuals predominate. Originally, Cuvier's trinomial definition for this subspecies was limited to brown bear populations in the upper Yenisei river, in response to bears there sporting well developed white collars. The subspecies has since been reclassified as encompassing populations formerly classed as yeniseensis and sibiricus, though the latter two lack the collar

The subspecies has since been reclassified as encompassing populations formerly classed as yeniseensis and sibiricus, though the latter two lack the collar. Siberian bears tend to be much bolder toward humans than their shyer, more persecuted European counterparts. Siberian bears regularly destroy hunters’ storages and huts where there is food. They are also more carnivorous than their European counterparts, and do not seem to like honey. They hunt hares and ungulates such as reindeer or elk by ambushing them from pine trees.

Doesn't sound like what's in the video!!

edit on 8-2-2012 by disconnected8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LordHavoc

I had to read through the rest before weighing in, but totally agree. At the very least it's an elephant. Shoulder structure is not consistent with the modern elephant from the other image posted here, but the dangling, twitchy trunk is dead-on.

I think people are too quick to jump to "fake"! I'm open to the possibility of these things still being around, and especially in an area where people don't have a lot of incentive to hang around due to the cold... but if it's real, it should at least give a narrow area to search. Start at that river crossing, and radiate out. Assume it has a similar pattern of wandering to modern elephants, and see what range that gives you. (Are elephants seasonally migratory?)

Just the existence of this video should prompt some folks to check closer. We'll see more footage soon, I guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

It looks like a bear to me as well and that could also explain why the cameraman didn't get any closer. Who knows if it was even really filmed in Russia?

edit on 8-2-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You people did see that this video was on THE SUN website right?

May as well be the Weekly World News.

Probably a bear as others have said.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If it's a woolly mammoth, it's very small. Considering the size of it in proportion to the river, current, etc, it would almost have to be the size of a bear (or a baby elephant).

Either a bear, the video is edited, of it's a baby mammoth.

That said, i agree with others: just a very short, blurry video. In this day and age? My CAT can take better video with my cell phone than this crap. Oh, the lens fogged? Wipe it off, the creature is not doing to suddenly disappear.

Yeah, the Sun.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A couple of things come into mind.

First, as many others have stated, it looks like a bear with a fish crossing the river.

Second, we have no earthly idea where this footage was shot. It could have been in Yellowstone Park for all we know.

Other than that, it was fun to pique the imagination.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Presented by Michael Cohen.
In the Sun.

A bear.

For our newer members:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Siberia has a thriving animal population. There are reindeer, long-horned goats, ibex, musk deer, polar bears, seal, walrus, many fish species, wolves, ermine, several large birds of prey, gyrfalcons, red-breasted geese, ducks, mice, rabbits, lemmings, several other burrowing small rodents, lynx, and arctic foxes. The Siberian Tiger has only about 500 of it's subspecies living in the wild left. They live on the far southeastern fringe of Russia, northeastern China, and North Korea. There are none living in Siberia. Because Siberia is a permafrost (The ground never unfreezes), these animals are very migratory and sparsely populated. Read more: wiki.answers.com...

No Brown bears only polar.

-Edit Another large and relatively stable population of brown bears in Europe, consisting of 2,500–3,000 individuals, is the Dinaric-Pindos (Balkans) population, with contiguous distribution in northeast Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, Bulgaria and Greece.[34]

Could still be a bear lol,
edit on 8-2-2012 by EpocE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join