It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Woolly mammoth' caught on camera in Siberia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well...Now we know what the Russians are planning. Quick! Somebody call the White House and everybody start investing in spears!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
ive learnt a thing over the years .....never trust anything with the title....caught on camera, amazing footage and genuine.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

From the article
"Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia."

How were hair samples recovered?
Where were they analysed?
Where can the scientific data be verified?
Do brown Bears have the same follicular properties as 'extinct" woolly Mammoth?

The thot plickens ....

edit on 9-2-2012 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by disconnected8

edit on 2/9/2012 by Alexander the Great because: (no reason given)

Bear
edit on 2/9/2012 by Alexander the Great because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

reminds me of Admiral Byrd's
flight log to the Antarctic.
1005 hours - altitude 1,400 feet :

a large animal of some kind below us. It appears to be an elephant! No!! It looks more like a mammoth! This is incredible! Yet, there it is! Decrease altitude to 1,000 feet and take binoculars to better examine the animal. It is confirmed a mammoth-like animal. Report this to base camp.

www.hollow-earth.org...

www.byerly.org...

edit on 9/2/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
At first look at the vid it does look like an elephant but a small one, but when I look longer I see a bear with a nice big juicy fish in his mout. But I read somewhere recently that scientists are trying clone a whooly mammoth. So who knows, maybe one day we will actually see one?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

reminds me of Admiral Byrd's flight log to the Antarctic.

That "flight log" is just a hoax....

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
looks a little small for wooly mamoth

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I first thought it was a Bear holding a fish in it's mouth... video is too fuzzy to really tell !

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Yip youve just discovered a wooly mammoth and what you do is take a out of focus 30 second clip on your camera phone, from a distance, call it a day and head home.

Yip sounds plausible to me!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
All that clip needs is "worldstarhiphop.com" emblazoned across it to complete its validity

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
My vote:

Not a bear. The movement is wrong, the morphology is wrong.

It is however (almost) certainly fake. Shopped. Bad elephant footage, (possibly artificially made even worse to further confuse the issue), spliced into the river. The water just does not interact correctly with the animal.

I do think it entirely possible that there are last vestiges of mammoth scraping by in Siberia, but that wasn't one. IMO.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Definitely a bear with a fish in it's mouth! Also, if it was a real Mammoth, then we would have known about it straight away, and this video was supposed to be from last year!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

When the camera zoomed in, it looked like a bear walking on all fours with something like a large fish in its mouth.

or it's a woolly mammoth!

I'm not gonna say its a wooly mammoth but I don't think its a bear. Notice the silhouette of it, a bear's back runs pretty much parallel to the ground, with the exception of the slight hump they get near the shoulders when well fed. A bear's back doesn't slope downwards toward its rear that way.

2nd, why would a bear cross back through a river to the other side to eat? Anytime I've watched bears catching fish, as soon as they snag one, they rush to the NEAREST rock/shore to feast, they usually don't carry it back through/across the water (especially strongly rushing water) for risk of losing the catch I assume.

Its too blurry to say its a mammoth but I feel very confident its not a bear. I just don't understand why he didn't try to get ANY closer to make sure the documentation is clear if it really was a mammoth... That's something you DO risk a little injury to get on tape. Its not like its a passing deer that you could see anytime...

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
First thing that stood out to me is that the trunk (or whatever it is) is pretty much just hanging loose in front of it whilst it wades through strong currents.

Surely it'd be pointing upwards to some degree, giving it a snorkel effect?

I'm calling hoax on this one!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

lol yeah its a bear with a fish I mean cool visual affect but a Mamouth in the year 2012? Hi HI Hi Hi......FUNNY!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
We're baaack

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If i saw an animal that I believe was a Wooly Mammoth alive today I would certainly try everything to get a clean camera shot and make sure the footage is in the best quality possible. I would get incredibly rich. Especially if I lived in a country like Russia where there are only the rich and the very poor, a footage of an alive mammoth would be my entrance card to High Society.
Thus I think it is not what The Sun (not the newspaper of my choice if I had such amazing footage) claims.

In my opinion either a hoax or a bear with a fish in his mouth. Both are far more likely than a mammoth.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Pretty blurry video ! Looks blurry on purpose, none should have that #ty of a video camera these days, plus the mammoth had no wool and no white tusks as perceived by all other wooly mammoths. Looks like the water isnt running around animal properly for a creature that is supposed to be huge, the scale just seems off for a camera guy about 150 feet away and a wooly mammoth that small and young alone and nobody is saying # as this animal lunges by! I'd be saying "hey look at that wooley mammoth!" It looks doctored, the white water is constant around the animal and its just a slow moving river with no ice which the title says has ice! I call B>S!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
WOW mindblowing!!!
That is definatly a Mammoth! You can tell by the animals stature that it exhibits the same shoulder positioning as a African elephant. Those claimimg this is a Bear Id ask you to take another look at the animals posture as it wades through that river...Simply amazing...its a shame the video was so verbose. Im sure there is addtional footage that is being witheld..This is the discovery of the century..history books will be rewritten!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join