It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Is Waiting On You To Liberate Yourself From Ego!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Liberate From Ego And Change The World!

Liberation means to set free from imprisonment or bondage. We need Ego for our existence, but we must not be its prisoner.

In The Beginning

We all originated together from the same beginning. Whether we call this beginning God, Great Spirit, One, All, Infinite Consciousness, Big Bang, Singularity, Holographic Matrix, or simply say "we do not know," regardless, we all originated together from the same source.

We're Made From The Same Thing

Adam and Eve... Mitochondrial Eve and Y-Chromosomal Adam... we descended from the same mankind, we come from the same gene-pool, we're made of the same basic proteins, the same elements, and if you go deeper we're even made of the same subatomic particles and the same raw fundamental energy that  comprises and interconnects all of existence.

No Separate Self

Yes, everything is made of this basic energy, and it is this basic energy that connects every thing to every thing; there is no 'separate self.' Not one single thing can originate, exist, or be sustained 100% alone, on it's own, without using or depending upon something else. Look deeply. All of the separation is superficial!

Ego Is....

Ego is the influence within our reality that creates and perpetuates the illusion of separation among the unified fundamental energy of existence. Ego is the gift giver of relative and subjective experience.  Ego is the dividing and separating force of existence. Ego allows the many to manifest from the one. Ego allows the infinite pieces of One to perceive a superficial individuality and individual identity.

Ego tugs very strongly on the psyches of conscious sentient beings. In humans, Ego draws psychological influence towards all points of possible separation because that is Ego's job; to separate. In our minds Ego says, "I am this individual, and here is a huge list of all the reasons that I am different than you." Skin color, physical appearance, gender, strength, skill, knowledge, intelligence, nationality, home-town, graduating school, wealth, social status, class, caste, religion, opinion, ideology, political party, entertainment likes, and we even separate ourselves based on sports teams!

What Lies Beyond Ego?

Anything dealing with identity, individuality, or relativity is rooted from Ego.

Strip away your name, who you think you are, and any superficial labels or titles you give yourself. Now you are a leveled human.

Take away the human perceptions. Sight, hearing, scent, taste, touch, and spatial dimension. Now you are awareness.

Calm all emotions and silence all thoughts. Now you are consciousness.

Tranquil Peace. Infinite expansive void. Free from all superficiality. Formless, Timeless, free from conceptualizations. Here in this state, in this realm can be found The Watcher... The Self... I Am.

Ego Manifests Infinity

In order for Infinity to exist, each 'separate thing' must be an expression of infinity. No two snowflakes are the same, no two finger prints are the same, etc. Each and every thing is fundamentally the same as everything else, only appearing to be different. There are no two identical things containing identical relative-subjective experiences and perspectives. At every glance we should see infinity. It's all supposed to  appear different!

In order for the one to become two, and for the two to become many, the one superficially divided its self infinitely in order to be all, know all, and for infinity to even exist.

Carpe Diem, And Treasure Each Moment!

Realizing that Ego has given you the special gift of relativity and subjectivity should reveal to you that each moment of your life is a grand treasure. Every single moment! No one will ever see, hear, smell, taste, touch, feel, or think one single thing exactly as you have experienced it! Not one single thing occupies the same conscious space as you at the same time to be able to perceive any experience as you have. Something will always be different.

When you see something, remember that it is only you that saw such details at such an angle from such a relative state. Your experiences no matter how "insignificant" are a treasure that only YOU possess.

An Ego Understood:

An understood Ego will allow you to transcend the superficial comparisons of your self to others. You will have more peace, confidence, contentment, and happiness. Why? Because you will not try to be like someone else, you will not try to get what someone else has, and you will not belittle yourself by thinking others are somehow better than you. Since you know that everything is supposed to be different, you will cherish your Self for your own differences.

An Imbalanced Ego

Leaning too far on either pole of Ego is unhealthy for us. We must not kill Ego, nor should we be disillusioned by it. We must seek the understanding of Ego, and gain mindful consciousness of our use of Ego.

If we kill Ego or seek to remove it from our lives, we become detached from our fellow humans. We loose sight of the world. We slumber in the peaceful cradle of the empty void. We lose our individuality, we lose our passion, and we lose our humanity. Our minds float in La-La Land and we lose the ability to relate or connect to another person.

If we are controlled by Ego, unmindful of Ego, disillusioned by Ego, or ignorant to it, we cause suffering to ourselves and the rest of existence. Ego's influence becomes so strong that we actually believe we are completely separate from everything else. We gain superiority complexes, we begin to judge others harshly, and we gain prejudices. By believing that we are separate, we are prone to becoming apathetic towards war, oppression, starvation, animal cruelty, animal extinction, etc. When we forget that all is one, we forget to treat existence as ourself. We forget to treat others as ourselves. Self hurting Self! Religious or nationalistic superiority, racism, hate, violence, rape, war, genocide, economic slavery.... Self hurting Self!

When we forget that we are an infinitely unique expression, we forfeit our uniqueness by trying to be like someone else. When we forget that others are infinitely unique expressions, we judge them for being different than ourselves.

Don't Be 'Egotistical,' Understand The Ego In Others

If there is no oppression or infringement of free will, we must celebrate diversity, accept and be understanding of others. We must allow others to be their Self as we wish the freedom to be our Self.

When we live and let live, prejudice ends. Wars cease. We stop looking at differences as threats to ourselves. We stop trying to judge or control others.

Remembering That Separation Is An Illusion:

When we are at peace with Ego without clinging to superficial separations, we more easily care about others. We help each other. We remember to bring no suffering to others because they are eternally  bound to us.

Others Are Self

When we liberate from Ego, we can understand others as our Self. No one will starve because Self would not allow Self to starve. No one would be violated because Self would not violate Self. No one would war because Self would not drop bombs on Self.

When we liberate from Ego, we see that the problems of all others are our own problems also.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The World Is The Way It Is Because Of You And Me

• It is my personal responsibility that the world is the way it is.
• It is your personal responsibility that the world is the way it is.
• It is his/her personal responsibility that the world is the way it is.

The individual effects a family, a place of employment, a school, and all acquaintances. These go on to effect  neighborhoods, cities, and societies. These go on to effect states and nations. Nations effect the world. These all swing back full circle to effect the individual. You reap what you sow.

Put down the labels that separate you from your fellow human. Cast away your superiority complexes and your prejudices. We must attain peace within ourselves and manifest the peace outwardly. We must build and rebuild relationships. We must seek unconditional brotherhood with all of mankind. We must love, care, share, help, give, forgive, and accept.

It is honestly this serious.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
very well said

And for any other members that are interested in this topic, I HIGHLY recomend the books by Eckhart Tolle "The power of NOW" and "A new Earth"

They are phenominal books and first the first time in my life I can truly say , life changing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
finally something which is different from fear and negativity

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

While I almost agree with you.

I don't.

There are reasons for separation, and there are things which you can strive to understand while still not accepting as acceptable to keep.

There is not always a middle way between points. Logic remains.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It's so refreshing to hear some truth for a change, thank you so much for taking the time to make this thread. Seriously S&F without question.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Great post...this positive post is like a glass of crystal clear water after a long run...my mind needed it. So profound, so simplistic...Gracias! S & F

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Sahabi

While I almost agree with you.

I don't.

There are reasons for separation, and there are things which you can strive to understand while still not accepting as acceptable to keep.

There is not always a middle way between points. Logic remains.

I don't think there's a reason to justify separation, but I do feel as though some separation is needed for the sameness to be worthwhile and embraceable. Like sometimes we have to distance ourselves from things but still with an awareness we must seek to understand them and come to a conclusion ya know?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Hello Talltexxxan. Thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

"The Power of Now" has been on my 'To Read' list for a little while now. I never got around to it yet. But if the book's title is any indication of its content, there is much freedom and peace to be found in the 'Now.' Many philosophies and ideologies teach the state of being known as 'the present moment.' Awareness and quieting the mind's chattering are essential to achieve pure observation. Mindfulness of the present moment is an extremely powerful state of being that we often overlook.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Thank you. That was a very lively and logical. I assume the work is yours and not a C&P.

S&F for the subject and the message.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
understanding will be achieved.

it cannot be forced.

balance must be and WILL BE achieved.

we influence our world and our word influence the rest of the world.

so simple.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I agree with the poster.

balance must and WILL be achieved.

we influence our world and our world influence the outside world.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The world is waiting for nothing. It appreciates things as is. That is the beauty of the world, no judgement. Love and Peace!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Hi there redoubt, and thanks for taking the time to join the thread.
The op is not a Copy/Paste. These are my understandings through contemplation, philosophizing, meditation, and studying the understandings of others. These are not my understandings alone, for many before me have suggested such concepts and ideas. I'm glad you enjoyed the read. Peace!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Excellent thoughts my friend... S&F

but let me ask... Who are you?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FinalAccount2008

I think that you should really really deeply consider whether or not you want to "be me."

I am quite certain, you do not. This idea of humanity as a melted bunch of brains is not as lovely as you imagine.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The world is waiting for nothing. It appreciates things as is. That is the beauty of the world, no judgement. Love and Peace!

We as humans are co-creators. We can imagine within our minds, then manifest those ideas into the physical world.

Seeing as we have the power to influence our world... the children dying of starvation are waiting. The women suffering human trafficking and slavery in the illegal sex trade are waiting. The innocents living in war zones are waiting. The rainforests that we clear-cut for disposable chopsticks and toilet paper are waiting. The animals facing extinction are waiting.

The world is waiting for your help my friend.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
All false,new age propaganda crap.

No matter how you look at it,ego is a must for us just like love and hate.

Oh and none of us had the same beginning.Evolution states that we came from different areas of the world from different animals while religion states that we also had different origins.

The standard of threads on ATS is becoming pathetic.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Ego is the influence within our reality that creates and perpetuates the illusion of separation among the unified fundamental energy of existence. Ego is the gift giver of relative and subjective experience. Ego is the dividing and separating force of existence. Ego allows the many to manifest from the one. Ego allows the infinite pieces of One to perceive a superficial individuality and individual identity.

If Ego is not natural to the soul then why is it so naturally prevalant in all creatures . That sense of SELF ?

Maybe you fail to understand that instead of a merged ONE thats spiritual existence is simutaneously ONE and DIFFERENT .

One in that it is all cconnected as part of the same source but their is a particulate energy individuality that enables rasika interaction with the WHOLE .

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
All false,new age propaganda crap.

No matter how you look at it,ego is a must for us just like love and hate.

Oh and none of us had the same beginning.Evolution states that we came from different areas of the world from different animals while religion states that we also had different origins.

The standard of threads on ATS is becoming pathetic.

Actually i would state the standard of posts comming from ATS members have become pathetic...

Ego is not a must... though to religious people it definatly is...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join