It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway mass killer demands medal at court hearing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Norway mass killer demands medal at court hearing

news.yahoo.com

By BJOERN H. AMLAND

OSLO, Norway (AP) — The right-wing extremist who has admitted killing 77 people in Norway's worst peacetime massacre told a court Monday that he deserves a medal of honor for the bloodshed and demanded to be set free.

Anders Behring Breivik smirked as he was led in to the Oslo district court, handcuffed and dressed in a dark suit, for his last scheduled detention hearing before the trial starts in April. He stretched out his arms in what his lawyer Geir Lippestad called "some kind of right-wing extremist greeting."

Reading from prepared remarks, the 32-year
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok,This begs the question does the Norwegian military give medals for being an astounding wanker? Anders Behring Breivik is sure acting rather confident for someone facing the possibility of life in prison.I still don't think he acted alone.His manifesto was just not convincing to me.This case is going to be interesting.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

The guy is clearly insane. Worryingly, as far as I'm aware there is no life sentence in Norway and the maximum sentence possible is 21 years.
edit on 6-2-2012 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

wheres obama to present this noble human being his medal??!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I imagine he wants a medal for wiping out the future leaders of his country yes?. As I understand it that was his arguement wasnt it?, he was essentialy trying to start the war by eliminating potential threats to our future. A bit like, I suppose going back in time and taking a jaunty killing spree through a few dozen Hitler youth camps.

Food for thought I suppose, the guys a nutter but im pretty sure his manifesto should probably be read.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Ah, so he's pleading insanity.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

21 years,hmm now I understand his smirk he sees himself becoming a martyr.Hoping to inspire a "revolution."

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
There are so many holes in the official version of what happened I am surprised anybody takes it seriously. To start with, there were additional shooters on Utoya Island.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

What I don’t get is how people can claim its normal if god talks to them and tells them to do something good; but insane if he tells you to do something bad?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
They do give murders medals........
I am sure he was thinking along these lines..........

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

He is acting insane and his lawyer will plead insanity. Not that such a plea really needed him smirking and demanding a medal. That must be for the cameras. Whether to hold him accountable for his actions and put him in jail or to declare him insane and put him in an asylum or the only two options.

If he is declared insane and put in an asylum, wonder if would be let loose once he is declared cured? If that is the case, he might recover quickly from his "insanity" too.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by chr0naut

He is acting insane and his lawyer will plead insanity. Not that such a plea really needed him smirking and demanding a medal. That must be for the cameras. Whether to hold him accountable for his actions and put him in jail or to declare him insane and put him in an asylum or the only two options.

If he is declared insane and put in an asylum, wonder if would be let loose once he is declared cured? If that is the case, he might recover quickly from his "insanity" too.

Possible, but psychologists are extremely hesitant to declare people "cured." See the famous "Rosenhan experiment" for details.

In short, Rosenhan and a few of his colleagues admitted themselves to a psychiatric ward, claiming to have heard noises such as "boom" and "thud." They were admitted to the asylum being diagnosed with schizophrenia.
As soon as they were in the asylum, they began claiming that the noises stopped, and began acting normally, save for taking notes about their experience. They weren't released for months, and their note taking was attributed to their "mental disease."

More information on wikipedia, if you're interested: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Hm. Has anyone here actually read Brevik's compendium? (heavy going I'll admit, around 1,500 pages).

(paraphrasing here) He asserted that Europe has been betrayed by cultural marxism and that Western Society is going to be overrun by Islam.

Planting the bomb was a diversionary tactic to send everyone running in the opposite direction from his target - the youth camp.

Worthy of more urgent consideration, I suggest, is his assertion that if any operative such as himself is captured alive, their top priority should be to seize any opportunity to escape and continue their "crusade"

watch this space ,,, !

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Can i pin the medal on with a 9" nail please. This sicko doesnt deserve the hospitality and luxury of an asylum, If it were up to me then the death penalty would already have been carried out, but in a soft society that we live in then the best we can hope for is hard labour in a Cat. A prison for the rest of his natural life.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
They pin medals on soldiers who have just as much blood on their hands all over the world...Including US...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
There are so many holes in the official version of what happened I am surprised anybody takes it seriously. To start with, there were additional shooters on Utoya Island.

Oh right, you were there then, were you?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Dude is a nutjob. Possibly a bit of a narcicist personality as well it seems. In his mind he believes what he did was honorable. He also could be trying to work the insanity angle as well.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observor--->If he is declared insane and put in an asylum, wonder if would be let loose once he is declared cured?

How about never, or when he's too old to cause any harm.

Not a chance in hell that this guy is sane, so i guess they could lock him up for the rest of his life if necessary.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Why is he called mass killer and not a terrorist? Oh I get it because he is Christian and not Muslim, gotcha

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
He thinks like a soldier or a psychopath. Something has to be done so do it smart and with the greatest impact. It is obviously psychopatic - no empathy or regret. Maybe even no hate. I can't see anything else insane here.
I bet G.W.Bush thinks in similar way about his wars.
He's no idiot. You can discuss and disagree with his political stance, instruments or his religion/non-religion, but can't deny him a logic in his deed. If he deserves a medal is a political question not a question for psychiatrist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join