It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "I deserve a second term"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Obama feels that he deserves a second term...I thought the choice wording in the interview was interesting to say the least. Personally I don't think its for him to say what he deserves and does not deserve, as thats for us to decide by giving him a 2nd term.

“I deserve a second term, but we’re not done,” Mr. Obama said in an interview with NBC. “We’ve made progress, and the thing right now is to just make sure we don’t starting turning in a new direction that could throw that progress off.”

Source
edit on 6-2-2012 by goldcoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2012 by goldcoin because: pressed enter too fast!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

He sure does!

Obama 2012!

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw this interview yesterday. Jeez, stick to the Superbowl and leave politics out of it for one day please.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i agree. the alternative is much, much worse. you're better off not voting at all, so your conscious will be clear your hands will be clean of blood.

edit on 6-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

Judging by the current economic numbers....yes he does deserve a second term.

If these hold steady and don't tank in the summer...he has a very good chance of securing that second term.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And you don't see a problem with political BS being spewed on the biggest sport event of the year? Hell, bet he didn't even have to pay for the coverage.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And you don't see a problem with political BS being spewed on the biggest sport event of the year?

The world does not come to a halt simply because some people, for a few hours, will be watching a football game.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
He deserves to be kicked out of office for running this country into the ground anyone who says they are better off now than they were 3 years ago yeah right.

15 trillion dollar debt spending over 5 trillion dollars,the credit downgrade waging mass murder on a global scale and then fast and furious and gunwalker and then bailing out his donars with sweet government contracts like solyndra.

What he deserves what he has earned is my contempt.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

And you don't see a problem with political BS being spewed on the biggest sport event of the year? Hell, bet he didn't even have to pay for the coverage.

No...why would that be a problem?

Hasn't most recent Presidents been interviewed during the Super Bowl?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

And you don't see a problem with political BS being spewed on the biggest sport event of the year?

The world does not come to a halt simply because some people, for a few hours, will be watching a football game.

No, the world spews this crap 365 days a year. 366 this year. Can we have one event not tarnished by this crap? One day. Then you all can go back to your petty squabbling.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm better off than I was three years ago.

Take it for what it is worth...but it is true.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yes and talked about football. Not a mocked up campaign commercial. That's exactly what this was.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

No, the world spews this crap 365 days a year. 366 this year. Can we have one event not tarnished by this crap? One day. Then you all can go back to your petty squabbling.

I wouldn't have even known that this took place during or before the Super Bowl unless you pointed it out.

Does it really bother you that much?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Tell that to the 75 million out of work and under employed

Tell that to the millions who have lost their jobs and their homes.

Tell that to the millions who owe more on their homes than they are worth.

Tell that to people who are paying over $5 a gallon to put gas in their cars.

I have less money now than i did.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Are people in this thread still blaming Obama for the problems Bush inherited and exacerbated or is this satire going so far above my head all I see are chemtrails spelling out loopy?

If the Republicans had Eight Years to 'fix' Clinton's mistakes, then they made mistakes of their own, which Bush had eight years to do. I'm not voting for Obama
But he would deserve the same treatment Bush and Clinton got when they were double-term presidents. Maybe you disagree, perhaps 4 years was enough Obama, but I want to recognize Obama didn't make these problems, he inherited them and Bush was exacerbating them, escalated them to new heights and handed them off to the other party to look bad.

I wonder if America is going to go back to single-term presidents for a while, watch them flounder in the political arena of not having enough time to fix any problems in an ideologically sound manner, then kick them out only to take two steps back for every one step they take.

I mean, if you have a two term limit on Presidency, why not just make it one eight term and make it so you can only be president once?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Does it really bother you that much?

Yes it does. The Superbowl is an event. People that don't even follow football tune into this game. It needn't be tarnished by an OBVIOUS political promotion. If they had stuck to football I wouldn't have a problem. This was the network giving Obama face time to promote himself.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yes and talked about football. Not a mocked up campaign commercial. That's exactly what this was.

Outkast is right. I had no idea this was going on until ATS members got indignant about it. I fail to see where your anger towards this comes from.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

From my limited research...it is no different than any other Presidential interview during a Super Bowl.

Obama did talk about the game as well as politics. See the end of this video.

Here is Bush in 2004...talking politics and football

I just don't see the big deal.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
He`ll get his second term because I`m not seeing any Republican candidates who could beat him. Overall, he was not as good as the hope/change crowd dreamed, but not nearly as bad as the ATS-crowd makes him. I disagree with his excessively helping people out - auto-industry, seniors, veterans, people who need health-care...actually there is no one he didnt try to give free hand outs. But he did pretty good with foreign policy. Kudos for the Afghanistan and Pakistan stuff. Its always that way, isnt it? Dems do bad fiscally, but they do good with foreign stuff. Im OK with him another four years, but after that we need a frugal conservative to fix our economy.
edit on 6-2-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join