It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost for nearly a week, family considered eating pet. Would YOU do it?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Let me tell you a little secret there city boy. If you have a hungry dog (if he isn't eating then we know you aren't eating), that is even half compitent as a canine, he will go straight to food if let loose in the woods.

People do it with hunting dogs. They starve the animals and then let them loose in the woods. The animals, after finding and eating all the easy food, take to chasing deer.

If hunters use dogs where you live, and you hear them barking in the distance, put some meat scraps in your back yard. You will meet a pack of hungry dogs in about 15 minutes. Hounds have a better nose than some other dogs, but nearly any dog can find food pretty quickly.

I don't promote the idea of starving your dog, but if you are both starving then eating him may feed you for a time, but he can feed both of you for a very long time. Feral dogs find food on their own, and they're nothing more than domestic dogs that have been let run loose.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If my life where on the line you bet I would eat my pet. It would be insane to die rather than eat your pet. I think those who say they would not might change their mind if they where starving and about to die.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"Lost for nearly a week, family considered eating pet. Would YOU do it?"

If it's a choice between my dog and my child, I'm sorry the dog is dinner.

Moving on...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I hope that I never come to this situation, but if necessary, I would slaughter one of the family pets for food, starting with the oldest. She is in the waning years of her life, and is already crippled (thanks to the coyotes), so she'd be the first to go. The last would be my german shepherd, as not only is she my companion, but she is the most able to work in ways that I can't. I'd rather have her with me in the woods than most people.

I seriously doubt any of us have been in this situation, and hunger, real hunger (not hunger from four hours without eating), will make you do unthinkable things.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Everyone is saying no but if it came down to it, all your answers are yes.

People have been known to eat their own family to survive. If it's been weeks since you last ate, which means its probably been weeks since your dog last ate, its either going to be you or the dog.
I have a rat and a snake that I love, but if I was starving to death I would cook them both.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join