Lost for nearly a week, family considered eating pet. Would YOU do it?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Is that a real question? Of cource I would eat the dog! If came down to my kids vs. my dog there would not be any question of it!

Do you have kids?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well I do like Hot dogs, but literally,No...maybe if I have to survive, you could also try to train your dog to find food, if he's lazy,then he's out to be eaten..
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Yup.

Cute animals don't get a pass. Fat, lazy house-pets will taste fantastic if you cook them with all that fat still in place.

Harsh? Maybe. But survival sometimes calls for some tasty tasty kitty jerky.

Even if you eat your pet, you'll probably find another one (when you're not so frakkin' hungry) who will love you just as unconditionally. The replacement won't even hold it against you. I guarantee they'd consider you food if the roles were reversed.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yeah in a forest, there's no need to eat the dog.

Not when there's bugs!

Nom nom nom nom nom...!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Firstly, who the heck hunts mushrooms in FEBRUARY? Secondly, who the heck goes out in the woods UNPREPARED without a compass, firearm, SOME food and survival supplies? Thirdly, if they were mushroom hunting, why didn't they eat the freakin' mushrooms? This was a case of natural selection being short-circuited. As for eating MY pet? Would NEVER even come to that as I would never get into that kind of a situation in the first place! GROW A BRAIN!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by solids0be

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Originally posted by solids0be
Hell yeah id eat my pet to live, you guys are naive. Lets say theres no source of food around and you dont eat your dog and you die...guess whats gonna happen.. your dog is going to eat you to stay alive..funny how things work out huh. So yep id serve up a heaping portion to me and my family to stay alive

I wouldn't have a problem with my dog or family eating me. I just wouldn't ever consider eating my dog or family.

Not all of us are cowards that shed our principles and honor in the face of the death.
edit on 7/2/2012 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

Coward???? Are you SRS?? How long have you been in full retard mode, when did I say Id eat my family?.. And Seriously Its a Animal..Humans eat animals..My wife and family surviving, or an animal?...Yeah ill make the right choice Kill the dog, thank it for its sacrifice and buy a new one when I get home... Alive. Im not some self righteous Kockfor like you who thinks that eating a dog to preserve yourself and or your family is sheding principles or honor. If you feel otherwise it sounds like the human desire to survive at any costs has been bred out of your gene pool..on second thought maybe thats a good thing.

LOL well said my friend well said!! I understand people love their animals but comon. Who you think is gonna go to work, pay the bills, and raise your kids? Not the damn dog thats for sure!!

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
one week? no
now, 3 weeks and it is eat or die..then yes.
I love my dog, but eventually survival instinct must kick in..else you and the dog die verses just the dog.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
What a completely loaded and bogus question.

No one here has gone in the wild, expending their energy while going without nutrition for a week.

Sorry all you emotional pet-owners.. I love my animals to death, when I have to put one of my beloved companions down, I cry.

But I'm a realist - If I was starving the wild on the brink of death...? I would probably eat my pet. And so would any of you.

This is reality, you don't need to protect your fragile egos from a hypothetical situation, as if your character has come in to question because of it.

Yes, I'm calling 95% of you people who said you won't eat your pets liars.. Because you are.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by UFO1414

I saw a guy that ate his little dog named Peanut...the little thing tried his best to help the guy in a bad situation and he got ate after just a week. People can go up to a month or more without food! I once went without anything but water for 14 days. I didn't die! people think they are starving the first time they feel a hunger pang since they are all so well fed all their lives!

Your energy goes a lot faster trying to find your way through an untamed forest without being able to catch proper sleep than it does sitting in front of a monitor with a sink 20 feet away from you.

You do realize finding drinkable water wouldn't be that easy, right?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

When I see pet survival threads I wonder if the owners considered this part of the situation if they became hungry.. I would try my best not to.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
edit on 7-2-2012 by thegagefather because: double post

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
lmfao, I can't believe how many people here think it's easy to starve for a week.

People are so disconnected to reality.

This question is about the same as asking "If a serial killer came to your house with a loaded gun and pointed it at your temple as said, 'You or your dog, your choice.'"

If you say "me" Well, you're either lying or it's survival of the fittest and your genes made it longer than they were meant to anyways.

I just really want the lot of you to wake up and realize the world is a cold, harsh place. That dogs are now domesticated pets because at one time they were used as tools by your very ancestors, and that's all they were. No one's asking you to eat a puppy on a full stomache because you're bored - but that's the question you're answering.

Yea, truth can be brutal and terrible - but it's still better than dishonesty.
edit on 7-2-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Yeah in a forest, there's no need to eat the dog.

Not when there's bugs!

Nom nom nom nom nom...!

Yea? In February?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I don't have kids yet, so I don't have a maternal instinct to save them at all costs. However, if I was lost in a forest alone with my dog, I could NEVER eat it. I would rather die starving cuddle up next to my dog than live knowing I ate one of my best friends. I'd also like to this I'd be able to find bugs, leaves, something in a forest. I am also a firm believer in you don't know what you would do until you are actually in that situation, but not on this issue. No chance I would eat my dog.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yes I would be able, but I wouldn't do it.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Most people would do more then eat their pets.

Wartime Leningraders can attest to that.

When the chips are down, people will eat whatever... or whoever... they can gets their hands on.

Though, some choose to die with dignity, or even to sacrifice their flesh for the sake of their children.

Not a particularly sunny subject, to say the least...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
People have been known
to eat each other when it came
to extreme hunger.

People say they would not
now but in that life or death situation
you never really know.

People do crazy things to survive.

Like that movie "Alive", if anyone out there has seen it. A soccer team crashes into the mountains and they end up getting stranded, eventually they have to resort to eating the frozen corpses of their teammates. /gag

A very grotesque movie, but it was really an eye opener and I'm glad I saw it.

Edit: True story as well.
edit on 7-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think most people (90%) would eat a pet if starvation were the alternative.

We humans delude ourselves into believing were are something more than
simple animals-driven by instinctual urges. And because we are self-aware, sentient,
and sit at the top of the terrestrial intellectual ladder we believe our intelligence differentiates
us from the 'other' animals on this planet. We are not different at all. The evidence that
our instincts are our driving force is exemplified by our sports competitions, our urge to
seek the best mate possible, to procreate, and of course, to kill and eat.

Competition is a function of survival-of-the fittest. And, by nature, I am ~more fit~ than
my three chihuahuas.

The little one I think would go nicely with some lemon-pepper and garlic potatoes.
The middle one is definitely destined for the barbeque pit (if need be).
And the fat one would probably be delicious baked with butter mushrooms and onions,
and then consumed with a nice Chianti and some fava beans.......Clarice
edit on 7-2-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I heard they were 'mushroom hunters' and they were found 1 mile from their car, and about the same from a road, if I had to guess I'd say they ate some of the shrooms they found, sounds like they went in circles, how else could they not find the road.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join