It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I used to be a believer...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Now I consider myself 'openminded' about the subject of UFO's.

I believe that UFO's could very easily be top secret military projects...

The fact is, believers and skeptics are both just guessing... There is such a shroud of mystery around this subject different conclusions can be drawn while looking at the same data, just approaching it from a different perspective.

I want to believe. I think many people do.

But I think UFO's could simply be top secret military aircraft.

Is there any evidence against this theory?
edit on 4-2-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

post by thesearchfortruth
But I think UFO's could simply be top secret military aircraft. Is there any evidence against this theory?

Only that UFOs have been seen and reported since before we could fly .

The Japanese are also credited with having undertaken the first organised inquiry into the UFO phenomenon which they viewed with considerable alarm. The Japanese believed that the appearance of these objects heralded the coming of serious events and disasters! In 1235 therefore, General Yoritsume ordered a scientific investigation of these bizarre sightings! He and his men had watched mysterious lights swirling around their encampment and were desperate for answers!
www.space-2001.net...

edit on 4-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so your telling me that we are the only life in the whole universe?

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast
so your telling me that we are the only life in the whole universe?

Where the heck did this assumption come from?

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my OP... I definetly believe in ET life elsewhere in the universe, I am simply no longer convinced it is visiting us.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Some UFOs are secret military aircrafts. No doubt. But there is a lot of other evidence that there is waaaay more than that in the UFO spectrum.

I sincerely believe that we are being visited and have been for a very long time. The speculation starts in defining what they are, where and when they're from.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I just don't see the cases that describe objects beyond our current capabilities.

It seems to me that the government could have developed air-craft with such attributes in secret.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Sorry "they" got to you.

In the words of the mighty Journey: "Don't Stop, Believing. . ."

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hey, I've got a pretty interesting story, happened some two weeks ago. As soon as I get the 20 replies to be ablle to write a thread, I will throw it out. pretty interesting by the way.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

"Don't Stop, Believing. . ."

I do not wish to believe in something that isn't true.

I am not saying aliens are definitely not visiting, I just don't want to blindly believe in something simply because I want to.

I want truth.
edit on 4-2-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If it was just us in the earths sky then how are there reports of UFOs before man ever took flight?

The UFO phenomena has been reported by people separated by vast distances and incredible lengths of time. It is nothing new, just new to the modern us because of the ability to instantly share information with anyone on the globe.

If it is just us half-monkies in the universe, it would be an incredible waste of space...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
reply to post by amongus

"Don't Stop, Believing. . ."

I do not wish to believe in something that isn't true.

Keep convincing yourself that "ignorance is bliss". It's ignorant to think that we are the only beings out there.

No offense, but your statement pisses me off. "isn't true". This is almost a trolling thread for stars and flags.

But, to each their own.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by SonoftheSun

It seems to me that the government could have developed air-craft with such attributes in secret.

But when the government itself and the military start looking into it, there is more than secret military aircraft. And they have and probably still are.

Here is a link to an excellent documentary. If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. And for anyone else that hasn't seen it as well.

MJ-12, Tim Good, Friedman...the paper trail...

The Secret: Evidence We Are Not Alone

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by richierich931
If it was just us in the earths sky then how are there reports of UFOs before man ever took flight?

The UFO phenomena has been reported by people separated by vast distances and incredible lengths of time. It is nothing new, just new to the modern us because of the ability to instantly share information with anyone on the globe.

If it is just us half-monkies in the universe, it would be an incredible waste of space...

The sightings reported before we could fly may be weather phenomina. Many of the sightings today are weather phenomina. The sightings I believe could be military air craft are the best unexplained cases.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

The rest of my post that you seemingly forgot to read explained that I don't dismiss the ET hypothesis. I don't think it definitely 'isn't true'.

I promise you I WANT to believe. But the evidence simply isn't there.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Good move, more people to realize that they should be neither far too skeptic, nor believing too much. Approach cases with caution and open mindness for bother and consider especially triangles and saucers to be more likely humans

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Keep convincing yourself that "ignorance is bliss". It's ignorant to think that we are the only beings out there.

I have stressed already once in this thread:

I definetly believe in ET's somewhere in the universe, I am simply not convinced they have visited earth before.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

reply to post by amongus

The rest of my post that you seemingly forgot to read explained that I don't dismiss the ET hypothesis. I don't think it definitely 'isn't true'.

No, I read your post pal. I'm just pissed that because you don't have any physical evidence. . .even though there are millions of personal accounts .. . that you are willing to write it off because of lack of physical evidence. Which there is. .if you look deep enough.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by amongus

No, I read your post pal. I'm just pissed that because you don't have any physical evidence. . .even though there are millions of personal accounts .. . that you are willing to write it off because of lack of physical evidence. Which there is. .if you look deep enough.

I believe there is physical evidence. I never said I didn't.

But physical evidence of what?

Evidence of aliens or secret government projects? I believe it is more reasonable to believe the latter.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

there is more than plenty of evidence.

i've seen craft myself that have performed manoeuvres that our current understanding of aviation doesn't allow for and i'm from an aviation background. once you see it for yourself you have an inate belief that allows your mind to explore more. but don't take my word for it, look for canadian minister hillyer's speech on ETs and their interaction with humankind.

look for the pilot and astronaut testimonies that say they're there.

look at the nasa tether incident and tell me what you think.

our whole lives we're supposed to be programmed into believing in a god.. yet when there is plenty of evidence for aliens and alien craft we deny it? how strange is the human race sometimes.

edit on 4-2-2012 by ladyteeny because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

look at the nasa tether incident and tell me what you think.
reply to post by ladyteeny

I've looked at that video before...

look at this one and tell me what you think...
www.youtube.com...

And about the maneuvers were they more impressive then these?
(I'm not trying to debunk your sighting i'm just trying to get a grip on how impressive they actually were. Would you mind describing your sighting?)
www.youtube.com...
vid starts to get interesting around the 1:40 mark...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join