It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Is this is cusp of it all?

Legal homosexual marriage? If that is the case by all means let em get married, in my opinion (and have fun with that)

Or is the entire issue about homosexuals wanting to be accepted by society? In my case I don't care what you want to do in the privacy of your home, but some do. Some are not going to like you for your choice in a significant other, but in all honestly who cares. Your not going to please everyone, so just worry about yourself and those you care about.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I just love how people like you say millions of people who don't like an agenda of sexuality being pushed on their kids should just move to another state. These are just the parents who speak up. Many are sheeple who care but don't dare to talk.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by andersensrm

I never said the parents switched schools. I said the parent( a man) wanted to opt his child out of a particular sex-ed program) and was denied that right. He tried to attend a school meeting on it, and was told to leave the property and the school got a restraining order. That is a real news story. It may time me time to find it since you obviously think I'm just making up stuff, but truly I don't make up stuff like that.

Edit:
Alrighty then, here it is, and it's a story from 2005. ANd of course Massachusetts, liberal land.

Lexington, Mass., father of 6-year-old arrested, spends night in jail over objections to homosexual curriculum in son's kindergarten class.

On April 27, a Lexington, MA, parent, David Parker, was arrested by the Lexington police and charged with "trespassing" at his son’s elementary school during a scheduled meeting with the principal and the town’s Director of Education over his objections to homosexual curriculum materials. Parker had asked for notification and possible opt-out for his son for homosexual curriculum or ad-hoc discussions by adults in his son’s kindergarten class. After several months of communication, he was repeatedly told that his requests are "not possible." He finally said he would not leave the meeting until this was resolved.

New superintendent is no different. During the summer, Dr. Paul Ash took over as superintendent of Lexington Schools from William Hurley, who was serving in an interim capacity. On Sept. 22, Ash announced he was ordering teachers to give NO notice when discussing homosexual relationships with children,

www.massresistance.org...
So A)it's being forced and B)you cannot opt out.
edit on 12-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Ok, having read about this story a little more, I see that it isn't about sex education at all, so the opt out doesn't apply. This was about diversity of families. This parent objected to his Kindergartner being told there are different kinds of families out there in the world. It wasn't about teaching a Kindergartner how to fist or have anal sex.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I'm guessing Massachusetts is more authoritarian with this kind of thing. They are more liberal actually, if you can really call it that. EVer hear of Romneycare? So liberal really means forcing your kids to accept being gay and forcing everybody into State run healthcare.

Oh what liberty!And you say people should just move to another state to indulge the demands of a minority.

Infringement of parental rights is going on in all the states, not just in this issue.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I just love how people like you say millions of people who don't like an agenda of sexuality being pushed on their kids should just move to another state. These are just the parents who speak up. Many are sheeple who care but don't dare to talk.

Then they don't care that much, do they? I am very shy in person, but if I think my child is being mistreated in any way, you better believe I will be raising hell, or getting my child out of whatever situation is causing harm. So, no, I don't think there are nearly as many people upset about it as you do.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

No, the fisting stuff doesn't come till the teen years I guess. Jennings waits till they are teens to teach them that.
You are such an apologist for the lobby. And why? Is it really about equal rights? The limits are being pushed all the time. That is why Prez O said teaching kindergartners about sex is "the right thing to do". And Planned Parenthood and SIECUS write the programs with the help of GLSEN. Prez O pretends it's all about preventing sex abuse on children by their parents(bad enough in itself he views parents always as the abusers) but you say it's about equal rights.

It is State control regardless. I am against State control in this arena and in many other arenas.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Then they don't care that much, do they? I am very shy in person, but if I think my child is being mistreated in any way, you better believe I will be raising hell, or getting my child out of whatever situation is causing harm. So, no, I don't think there are nearly as many people upset about it as you do.

It's all about perception isn't it? The State has made it so that the schools can indoctrinate the children any way they want but parental rights are vanishing more and more as the days roll on. You apparently are for more State control and less parental rights. I understand that, it's your opinion. Mine is just different. Many parents are afraid the State will take their children away from them at any time for any reason.
Someone posted I believe on this forum a story about a woman who wouldn't drug up her child on something and the State took the child away.
I guess that is what you are lobbying for in the end. ANd everyone has to move now to suit your personal objectives.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No, the fisting stuff doesn't come till the teen years I guess. Jennings waits till they are teens to teach them that.
You are such an apologist for the lobby. And why? Is it really about equal rights? The limits are being pushed all the time. That is why Prez O said teaching kindergartners about sex is "the right thing to do". And Planned Parenthood and SIECUS write the programs with the help of GLSEN. Prez O pretends it's all about preventing sex abuse on children by their parents(bad enough in itself he views parents always as the abusers) but you say it's about equal rights.

It is State control regardless. I am against State control in this arena and in many other arenas.

I think you are sidestepping here. You claimed that children are being forced to learn about gay sex, and parents are not allowed to opt out. I proved your claim was false. The Kindergartners were not being forced to learn about gay sex, they were being taught about the diversity of families, just like they teach about the diversity of cultures.

Homeschool is always an option for those who don't like the public school system. I'm not crazy about the middle school my daughter was going to have to be enrolled in, so I considered homeschooling her when that time came. Luckily, there was a new charter school opening up in our area that I liked, so I got her in there. It's a much better option for us, but we also had the option of homeschool.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Do you also feel the need to defend gays, who are being told they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else (the right to be married and to call it a marriage)?

Thank God I'm not stuck on gays, straight, bi, bi-curious, ect groups (sigh).
I promise you, I would defend the rights of gays in any situation they're in if they need my help. I will defend their right to have the right to their freedom of speech and assembly and their right to fight for their rights.
What exactly do you want to ask me about that for real?
Are you asking me if I'd donate to their cause? No I won't. My gay friends are quite well off so they can donate for me if they want to

Again, I WILL defend their right to have their say.
I have no desire to take their rights away from them, and haven't taken their right from them either.

I agree with MidnightTide, a lot of this touches on social acceptance. I'm not implying that's a bad thing but I personally can't afford to worry about what someone else will or will not do for me. (Will or will not approve).

Do I care about gay people? YES, of course I do, just as I care about many many other people.

Do you feel the need to defend Ellen's right to have a job that a company has hired her for?

I already did. I posted my support for what the CEO did for her. In other words, I agreed with both of them (Ellen and the JC Penny CEO).
She has the right to work anywhere she wishes as long as she doesn't trample on the rights of others, lol.
In addition to that, I don't think Ellen did the gay people any service when she immaturely and purposely used language that incite her followers. In that respect, she's failed!

Do you also feel the need to defend my rights to watch a tv show that others want to take off the air, removing my right?

You can watch whatever you chose to watch but don't expect me to defend such a broad question completely.
If what you're trying to ask is.... Do I defend your "right" to want gay television? If that's what your asking...
Well then no. I have more important things to defend. I think you would do just fine on your own

I'd rather defend the rights of parents/children.

Somehow I don't think so. You could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost. You only care about the rights of groups who want to take those rights away.

It's clear you're afraid of a possible outcome that could hurt you to the core. I can relate in a way, but in another way... it isn't going to matter what the outcome is.
I care about our children more than I care about anything else, if that means I "could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost"... well that depends on who I feel is the weaker party, adults or children.
You're a very intelligent person, you're a kind person and you're an incredible defender of the rights for gays so I don't see you or any other gays in need of being defended.

I won't stand in your way either.
If I told you what i thought you wanted to hear, that would mean I disrespect you and I don't disrespect you.. so I'm being honest with you.

edit on 12-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So now the parents have to HOMESCHOOL in order to get away from indoctrination and social engineering. Well, that's what a lot of parents are doing, that is if they both don't have to work just to put food on the table. Besides, now the State is cracking down on homeschooling too, because they know a lot of Christian parents are opting out in this way.

It is the entire lifestyle being promoted.

What would you do if your child was being whisked away to a school where it was being taught that women have no real rights and that they can be beheaded or stoned to death because Sharia Law is advancing in the States?????
Would you? If so, I say then let YOU move soimewhere else.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So now the parents have to HOMESCHOOL in order to get away from indoctrination and social engineering. Well, that's what a lot of parents are doing, that is if they both don't have to work just to put food on the table. Besides, now the State is cracking down on homeschooling too, because they know a lot of Christian parents are opting out in this way.

It is the entire lifestyle being promoted.

What would you do if your child was being whisked away to a school where it was being taught that women have no real rights and that they can be beheaded or stoned to death because Sharia Law is advancing in the States?????

I'm glad you're dealing with this issue, I don't think I could explain it was well as you do.
Actually, this subject deserves it's own thread. There's so much to say and to add when it comes to parents rights.
I could certainly add a few stories similar to the story of the Dad you recently posted.
Thank you for your contribution to this thread.
Peace

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It's all about perception isn't it? The State has made it so that the schools can indoctrinate the children any way they want but parental rights are vanishing more and more as the days roll on. You apparently are for more State control and less parental rights. I understand that, it's your opinion. Mine is just different. Many parents are afraid the State will take their children away from them at any time for any reason.
Someone posted I believe on this forum a story about a woman who wouldn't drug up her child on something and the State took the child away.
I guess that is what you are lobbying for in the end. ANd everyone has to move now to suit your personal objectives.

Should parents have the right to take their kids out of the public school and put them a private school or homeschool them? Yes, and they do. Should parents be able to opt their children out of sex-education in the public school, because that is a very personal issue? Yes, and they do. Should parents have the right to tell the public school - "I don't like you teaching my child about diversity of cultures, because I hate Hispanics"? No they should not have that right. Should parents have the right to say, "I don't like you teaching my child about American History because our family is from another country and we aren't interested in American History"? No they should not have that right.

Teaching about diversity of families and diversity of cultures is not a bad thing. It's not saying "being gay is the better way to be", just like it's not saying "being Hispanic is the better way to be". It is just recognizing that there are other people out there - this world is a diverse place. If you don't want your child to be taught that the world is a diverse place, you have the parental right to take your child elsewhere for an education based on discrimination. But, be prepared for your children to face anti-discrimination laws when they grow-up. Yes, unfortunately the State does control discrimination - sorry.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yes, thank goodness we don't live somewhere where public schools are teaching that certain people don't have rights. We live in a place where public schools are trying to teach that all are created equal and EVERYONE has rights. Just like the Constitution says.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty

Do you also feel the need to defend gays, who are being told they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else (the right to be married and to call it a marriage)?

Thank God I'm not stuck on gays, straight, bi, bi-curious, ect groups (sigh).
I promise you, I would defend the rights of gays in any situation they're in if they need my help. I will defend their right to have the right to their freedom of speech and assembly and their right to fight for their rights.
What exactly do you want to ask me about that for real?
Are you asking me if I'd donate to their cause? No I won't. My gay friends are quite well off so they can donate for me if they want to

Again, I WILL defend their right to have their say.
I have no desire to take their rights away from them, and haven't taken their right from them either.

I agree with MidnightTide, a lot of this touches on social acceptance. I'm not implying that's a bad thing but I personally can't afford to worry about what someone else will or will not do for me. (Will or will not approve).

Do I care about gay people? YES, of course I do, just as I care about many many other people.

Do you feel the need to defend Ellen's right to have a job that a company has hired her for?

I already did. I posted my support for what the CEO did for her. In other words, I agreed with both of them (Ellen and the JC Penny CEO).
She has the right to work anywhere she wishes as long as she doesn't trample on the rights of others, lol.
In addition to that, I don't think Ellen did the gay people any service when she immaturely and purposely used language that incite her followers. In that respect, she's failed!

Do you also feel the need to defend my rights to watch a tv show that others want to take off the air, removing my right?

You can watch whatever you chose to watch but don't expect me to defend such a broad question completely.
If what you're trying to ask is.... Do I defend your "right" to want gay television? If that's what your asking...
Well then no. I have more important things to defend. I think you would do just fine on your own

I'd rather defend the rights of parents/children.

Somehow I don't think so. You could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost. You only care about the rights of groups who want to take those rights away.

It's clear you're afraid of a possible outcome that could hurt you to the core. I can relate in a way, but in another way... it isn't going to matter what the outcome is.
I care about our children more than I care about anything else, if that means I "could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost"... well that depends on who I feel is the weaker party, adults or children.
You're a very intelligent person, you're a kind person and you're an incredible defender of the rights for gays so I don't see you or any other gays in need of being defended.

I won't stand in your way either.
If I told you what i thought you wanted to hear, that would mean I disrespect you and I don't disrespect you.. so I'm being honest with you.

Let's just say your answers to my questions do not surprise me.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Most people don't object to classes where kids learn that Mexican Indians used to stone grind all their corn to make tortillas. That is a silly thing and doesn't even border on culture shock. However, there is an agenda by some cultural Marxists to promote racist ideologies of such groups as MEChA and the concept of reconquista. Are you on board with that or is it just gay rights you espouse?

archive.frontpagemag.com...

michellemalkin.com...

www.mayorno.com...

I am not really surprised if you are on board with this stuff, as many liberals accept this as par for the course.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes, thank goodness we don't live somewhere where public schools are teaching that certain people don't have rights. We live in a place where public schools are trying to teach that all are created equal and EVERYONE has rights. Just like the Constitution says.

Public schools should be sticking to algebra and proper grammar. All you have to do is read this forum to know that grammar and spelling has not been properly taught. I will say it again and keep saying it that all this focusing on social engineering instead of real education is a purposeful agenda. I have posted elsewhere what is the purpose. It goes back to the Order of Skull and Bones and the Dewey system turning our schools into Statist indocrination camps.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Most people don't object to classes where kids learn that Mexican Indians used to stone grind all their corn to make tortillas. That is a silly thing and doesn't even border on culture shock. However, there is an agenda by some cultural Marxists to promote racist ideologies of such groups as MEChA and the concept of reconquista. Are you on board with that or is it just gay rights you espouse?

archive.frontpagemag.com...

michellemalkin.com...

www.mayorno.com...

I am not really surprised if you are on board with this stuff, as many liberals accept this as par for the course.

I am all for ethnic pride, and having an organization that fosters that. I am against racial hostility of any kind. I am against violence of any kind, including wars for property rights. I naively believe that we should all live together and get along, no matter what our diversities are, with equal rights for all. I wished we hadn't treated the American Indian so badly, and I am ashamed of our country for that.

However, what does La Raza or MEChA have to do with teaching diversity of cultures or diversity of families in grade school? Are you saying that public schools are promoting racial hostility to elementary school children?
Again, I think you are sidestepping here.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Yah, we SHOULD but that is more Utopian dreams of a perfect society where everyone is accepted under all circunstances, all is light and love, and no one has more of anything than anyone else.

Just look at the drug wars and kidnapping on the border and tell me if you think society is ready for that? For people like you, the ideal is so overreaching you seem to think everything should be mandated by the supreme State, which is the Marxist Utopian society.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Public schools should be sticking to algebra and proper grammar. All you have to do is read this forum to know that grammar and spelling has not been properly taught. I will say it again and keep saying it that all this focusing on social engineering instead of real education is a purposeful agenda. I have posted elsewhere what is the purpose. It goes back to the Order of Skull and Bones and the Dewey system turning our schools into Statist indocrination camps.

What about Social Studies? If I remember correctly, I believe you were the one who posted about a wonderful Social Studies teacher you had, so you must not be against Social Studies in the curriculum. Teaching about diversity of cultures or families would go under Social Studies, no? Is it wrong to teach about the Constitution and what it stands for - equality and rights for all?

I would say that the primary focus IS on subjects like math, science and language arts. I believe that improvements are needed, and I hope the people in charge are looking at what other countries are doing to have such better scores in those subjects than American children do.

I still don't buy this conspiracy theory that our government is trying to brainwash children to become good little communists, or whatever. If someone wanted to start a private school that teaches exactly what they want taught, they are perfectly free to do that. The fact that no one is stopping them should tell you that the government does not want to control our children. But if they are going to be the ones providing the education, they are going to do what they think best.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yes, that was in times past before social studies got so out of control. I am not saying it was a whole lot better, but the cultural marxists are promoting more and more propaganda. There was no teaching of Mexican reconquista of the Southwest or any of that stuff. Historically speaking, we purchased the land from Mexico after the war.

From the Eagle Forum

For years, liberals have imposed their revisionist history on our nation's public school students, expunging important facts and historic figures while loading the textbooks with liberal propaganda, distortions and cliches. It's easy to get a quick lesson in the virulent leftwing bias by checking the index and noting how textbooks treat President Ronald Reagan and Senator Joseph McCarthy.

When parents object to leftwing inclusions and omissions, claiming they should have something to say about what their own children are being taught and how their taxpayers' money is spent, they are usually vilified as "book burners" and belittled as uneducated primitives who should allow the "experts" to decide. The self-identified "experts" are alumni of liberal teachers colleges and/or members of a leftwing teachers union.

The review of social studies curriculum (covering U.S. Government, American History, World History and Economics) comes up every ten years, and 2010 is one of those years. The unelected education "experts" proposed their history revisions such as eliminating Independence Day, Christopher Columbus, Thomas Edison, Daniel Boone and Neil Armstrong, and replacing Christmas with Diwali.

and some interesting positive changes

History textbooks that deal with Joseph McCarthy will now be required to explain "how the later release of the Venona papers confirmed suspicions of Communist infiltration in U.S. government." The Venona papers are authentic transcripts of some 3,000 messages between the Soviet Union and its secret agents in the United States.

Discussions of economics will not be limited to the theories of Karl Marx, John Maynard Keynes, and Adam Smith. Textbooks must also include Milton Friedman and Friedrich von Hayek, two champions of free-market theory.

www.eagleforum.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join