It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
reply to post by manna2

Gulp. I should have noticed that, lol.
I don't think they force anyone into therapy, good call.

Now on the other hand, when someone willingly accepts therapy, I personally wouldn't want them to have that particular kind of therapy. It, imo, sounds far too judgmental and might create more confusion and harm their self worth.
It sounds like it labels someone bad or wrong from the start.

Imo, that sounds like negative therapy. Scary.

The idea isn't that any -IS- forcing anyone, it is that the AFA are saying that we SHOULD force people. Didn't you even read the link I posted before agreeing with me?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by andersensrm

Nothing is being forced, here is where your argument falls apart

Yes, it most certainly is. I have posted the vids of schoolchildren being forced to think about and discuss gays and gay sex in class. I have seen articles about people who tried to opt their kids out of this type of program and being arrested on site for opposing the agenda. Yes, it is being forced. Anyone who says it's not is just not being honest about it.

Prove it, at any time they could have switched schools, no schools I know of do any such thing.

Show me the articles where people opt out, and get arrested. And then give me the articles of the parents switching schools and getting arrested. You can always leave the country too. No one is being forced here.
edit on 11-2-2012 by andersensrm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

It's a no brainer... I've heard of that kind of therapy before. I only glanced at the
article earlier and later went back to it. I didn't catch the "forced" recommendation.

I work two jobs and during the slow times (long periods of no phone calls)
I've been trying to read up on things and post.

I hope to have the opportunity to address these things with Brian Brown
via email so I can post it here.
What I see with NOM's and AFA is no different than what I see with the other
side... a passion for their cause.
I see NOM's passionatly fighting against redefining Marriage and I don't blame
them for this or think their wrong for wanting to preserve its meaning.

That doesn't make me a hater just like it doesn't make many other people who understands
their reasons for this.
What is crazy however, is it seems anyone who isn't 100% with
them...then all of the sudden their labeled. That's just as sad as the approach that
kind of therapy insinuates.
There seems to be no compromise. If not, then we are, in a way, forced to pick a side, I guess.

I just wish the haters on either side would try to lead by example but most aren't
capable of it... they'll lunge at any excuse spread their dung... for example...
"using children as an excuse". Lol, all the while they're raising ultra-sensitive
apologizers who ultimatly box themselves in a tight corner.
I can't wait for the insanity to end and people start respecting each others principles.

Ok, that sounded insane, I know.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Compromise?

Compromise on Equal Rights.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by technical difficulties

I know you might laugh at this but, imo, they aren't protesting because Ellen
is gay...their protesting because she's "married" and she supports something
that many people don't.

There is also an unfair push in our schools that many parents oppose. It's come
to this...rallies and pushing back.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Compromise?

Compromise on Equal Rights.

The Constitution gives everyone the same rights already.
The government giveth (a little) and taketh (a lot).

If I raise someone elses child as mine... do I need the government to tell me he's
my son? Does he need the government to tell him I'm his Mom?

If I live with someone like "married" people do... do I need the government to tell
me I'm committed (hopefully) for life?
Actually, it's more benefical not to marry than to marry when it comes to taxes.
I'm pro marriage personally...but I sure as hell don't need Uncle Sam to validate it, lol

edit on 12-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sorry...on cell phone and not sure why this double posted

edit on 12-2-2012 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Yes, the Constitution says that all men are created equal, and everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness.

Therefore, gays have a right to receive a marriage license from the State if that is their pursuit of happiness, just like heterosexuals have a right to, because gays are EQUAL to heterosexuals.

When this issue gets to the U.S. Supreme Court (and it will eventually), this ban on gay marriage will be ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL. You simply cannot tell another person, "YOU can't get a license from the State because it's against MY personal beliefs." It didn't work with interracial marriage, and it's not going to work with gay marriage.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Yes, it most certainly is. I have posted the vids of schoolchildren being forced to think about and discuss gays and gay sex in class. I have seen articles about people who tried to opt their kids out of this type of program and being arrested on site for opposing the agenda. Yes, it is being forced. Anyone who says it's not is just not being honest about it.

Prove it, at any time they could have switched schools, no schools I know of do any such thing.

Show me the articles where people opt out, and get arrested. And then give me the articles of the parents switching schools and getting arrested. You can always leave the country too. No one is being forced here.

Yes, I'd really like to see this as well. I'd also like to hear of a state that has outlawed homeschooling, because I don't believe there is any such state.
edit on 12-2-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What I see with NOM's and AFA is no different than what I see with the other
side... a passion for their cause.
I see NOM's passionatly fighting against redefining Marriage and I don't blame
them for this or think their wrong for wanting to preserve its meaning.

I'll tell you the difference: one side (NOM and AFA) wants to take away people's rights. The other side (people fighting for gay equality) wants to preserve people's rights. Which one do you think is more hateful?

I can't wait for the insanity to end and people start respecting each others principles.

I will respect your principle to NOT marry a gay person, if you will respect others' principle to marry a gay person. There - is that so hard?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

kaylaluv, I'm at work (seems like that's all I do, lol) so please be patient while I reply to your concerns/posts/questions

I've had to do a lot of soul searching this past week, I've also been reflecting on my actions, reactions to this highly charged topic (Same Sex Marriage).

I'll tell you the difference: one side (NOM and AFA) wants to take away people's rights...

Neither NOM nor AFA possess the power to take away peoples rights, unless they give their rights to them, imo.

The other side (people fighting for gay equality) wants to preserve people's rights. Which one do you think is more hateful?

Both sides are fighting each other for the same thing.
One side has the luxury of claiming their rights to something and the other side feels like their fighting for their very lives... for the gift the other side was so easily given... and on a golden platter too.
Meanwhile, this fight is also tearing at the roots of many of the heterosexual's core beliefs.

So my personal observation, I see a whole bunch of frightened people. At times, even when I look in the mirror.

Imo, no consenting man or woman should seek permission from an institution or another adult for the validation of a commitment, a life long bond of loving and serving each other.

Well wishes are good though

brb

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Don't you mean to put One Million Homophobes rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being gay?
Lets play a little game. Lets take out the word gay and place other words in it's place.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being Black!
One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being Jewish!

And why is homophobia still accepted in the states when it is a faux pas to generalize on someone due to their color of skin?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One Million Moms are an utter disgrace - Ellen's response was dignified and applaudable.

It saddens me to see such hate and ignorance eminating from these women.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Yes, the Constitution says that all men are created equal, and everyone has the right to the pursuit of happiness.

Therefore, gays have a right to receive a marriage license from the State if that is their pursuit of happiness, just like heterosexuals have a right to, because gays are EQUAL to heterosexuals.

When this issue gets to the U.S. Supreme Court (and it will eventually), this ban on gay marriage will be ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL. You simply cannot tell another person, "YOU can't get a license from the State because it's against MY personal beliefs." It didn't work with interracial marriage, and it's not going to work with gay marriage.

I'm not going to stand in your way. If you continue to feel I'm blocking you from your pursuit of happiness, please continue to help me so I'm not slowing you down. In the meantime, if I feel the need to defend anyone.... I mean anyone... from the harsh accusations that some posters insist on throwing... get out of my way.

Okies?

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm

Switch schools? Are you a parent? Tell me when you can just switch schools in a particular school district? That is part of the whole State controlling education thing. Unless you enroll your child in a private school, Catholic parish. Many parents simply cannot afford that, so no that is not the answer for this. Besides, when this program is spreading to every school, there is nowhere to run and hide, just like the issue of values clarification or revisionist history.

And yes, I already proved it by posting those vids.
edit on 12-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by js331975

Why is agoraphobia still allowed? I am horridly afraid of spiders. Why should the State allow me to fear something so small? (oh wait, it's poisonous that's why)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

I'm not going to stand in your way. If you continue to feel I'm blocking you from your pursuit of happiness, please continue to help me so I'm not slowing you down. In the meantime, if I feel the need to defend anyone.... I mean anyone... from the harsh accusations that some posters insist on throwing... get out of my way.

Okies?

Do you also feel the need to defend gays, who are being told they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else (the right to be married and to call it a marriage)? Do you feel the need to defend Ellen's right to have a job that a company has hired her for? Do you also feel the need to defend my rights to watch a tv show that others want to take off the air, removing my right? Somehow I don't think so. You could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost. You only care about the rights of groups who want to take those rights away.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I never said the parents switched schools. I said the parent( a man) wanted to opt his child out of a particular sex-ed program) and was denied that right. He tried to attend a school meeting on it, and was told to leave the property and the school got a restraining order. That is a real news story. It may time me time to find it since you obviously think I'm just making up stuff, but truly I don't make up stuff like that.

Edit:
Alrighty then, here it is, and it's a story from 2005. ANd of course Massachusetts, liberal land.

Lexington, Mass., father of 6-year-old arrested, spends night in jail over objections to homosexual curriculum in son's kindergarten class.

On April 27, a Lexington, MA, parent, David Parker, was arrested by the Lexington police and charged with "trespassing" at his son’s elementary school during a scheduled meeting with the principal and the town’s Director of Education over his objections to homosexual curriculum materials. Parker had asked for notification and possible opt-out for his son for homosexual curriculum or ad-hoc discussions by adults in his son’s kindergarten class. After several months of communication, he was repeatedly told that his requests are "not possible." He finally said he would not leave the meeting until this was resolved.

New superintendent is no different. During the summer, Dr. Paul Ash took over as superintendent of Lexington Schools from William Hurley, who was serving in an interim capacity. On Sept. 22, Ash announced he was ordering teachers to give NO notice when discussing homosexual relationships with children,

www.massresistance.org...
So A)it's being forced and B)you cannot opt out.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Do you also feel the need to defend gays, who are being told they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else (the right to be married and to call it a marriage)? Do you feel the need to defend Ellen's right to have a job that a company has hired her for? Do you also feel the need to defend my rights to watch a tv show that others want to take off the air, removing my right? Somehow I don't think so. You could care less that those rights are in danger of being lost. You only care about the rights of groups who want to take those rights away.

Do I feel the need?
NO.
Why?
Because now I need to separate all of your questions in order to answer them. Grrrrr

Just for the record, since you seem to be reading me wrong, imo.....
I have gay and gay-ish friends

Not to disrespect my "Christian" or "straight" friends but I can say with certainty, that my personal encounters with gay friends and customers... they are very honest people, even more honest than some Christians and friends I've come to know.
My (gay) friends are hard working decent people who would be glad to help a stranger without question. And have.
I swell with pride to share with you that I've even been complimented by some gay people

As a matter of fact, I've found out that I'm well hung

Long fingers

I'll be back in a little while after I separate your questions.
Peace.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I never said the parents switched schools. I said the parent( a man) wanted to opt his child out of a particular sex-ed program) and was denied that right. He tried to attend a school meeting on it, and was told to leave the property and the school got a restraining order. That is a real news story. It may time me time to find it since you obviously think I'm just making up stuff, but truly I don't make up stuff like that.

I found something that says most states have an "opt out" policy for sex-ed.

What other states do
Arizona is one of three states with a parental "consent required" or opt-in requirement for sex education, the Guttmacher Institute says. The other two are Utah and Nevada. Most states have an opt-out policy or law, Guttmacher Institute public-policy associate Elizabeth Nash said. "Really the standard is opt-out," she said. "Parental consent just seems a lot more restrictive."

azstarnet.com...

People who are anti-federal government are happier when the states are allowed to make their own rules. That way, if you don't like one state's laws, simply move to a state that has laws more to your liking. Problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join