It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well done Mr. Redneck... you hit the nail squarely on the head... "equality"...

Regardless of your race, religion or sexual preference humans have equal rights.

I would challenge anyone to prove how a gay lifestyle is wrong, without using reference to religion or by saying, "_______ (fill in the blank) told me it was wrong.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

Originally posted by joyride0187
Youre right, Ellen has every right to be gay. At the same time these women have every right to say these things. It's called the 1st ammendment. Why does it bother you so much? It's not like their trying to convert your children.
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

Are you implying gays are trying to convert children?

The old "gay agenda" BS.

Hey i'm in on it, and i'm not trying to convert anybody's child to be gay.

How ignorant.

Hell no im not implying that. Reread the ops post. The op said that it not like Ellen is trying to convert your kids. Frankly I could care less if Ellen gets the job. She has every right to be gay. What I find offensive is the fact you want to silence these women. How ignorant!
edit on 3-2-2012 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I'm surprised they manage to round up a million people for this.

To be fair: it's not likely that they did.

onemillionmoms is the name of the website - not the number of women who actually stand behind this call to boycott. a quick twitter search shows less than 800 followers, didn't bother to try to find out how many actually pay money to belong to the website.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Ah, I thought actually a million ladies showed up to this preposterous event. Childish if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ellen is a wonderful woman - its disgraceful
that she was treated this way. She has been
an inspiration for me, always made me
laugh. BTW I am straight. Pathetic haters -
when will they ever cease to be.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I'm st8 too and I think Ellen is very down to earth and funny at the same time. No reason she should be treated this way when she has done nothing but give to the community. I've never heard anything bad about this woman.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I can see why they hate her... she's a lesbian without the worries of a "normal family", she's loaded with cash and care free, this must drive them mad, her having so much freedom. What do they call her? Ellen Degenerate.. lol

Its true she does not represent the majority of the women out there.. but that doesnt mean its ok for this carry on.
I cant stand to watch a second of her program, or Oprah for that matter. But that doesnt mean I hate gays.. I just think the show is complete garbage.. like most american talk shows.

Americans are idiots.. hahahahaha
edit on 3-2-2012 by PrecogPsychicSensitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I've never watched her show.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrecogPsychicSensitive

Americans are idiots.. hahahahaha

So is generalizing 350 million+

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Thank you sir... at least I can sleep tonight knowing one person understood what I said.

I would challenge anyone to prove how a gay lifestyle is wrong, without using reference to religion or by saying, "_______ (fill in the blank) told me it was wrong.

I for one will not take you up on that challenge. In the first place, 'wrong' is a subjective term, meaning my interpretation of it is only applicable to me. In the second place, even if I were to presume such authority based on religious grounds, my religion states I shall not judge others. I have no calling, ability, nor mission to judge others in any absolute sense.

Ms. Degeneres is free to accept a spokesperson's role anywhere one is offered. JC Penney has every right to hire whom they wish for the position. The protesters have every right to protest. Customers have every right to shop or to not shop at JC Penney as they wish. Those who vehemently disagree with the protesters have the right to counter-protest.

So why all the ire in this thread?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Y'all rant and rave about freedom of speech, but when it opposes your opinions/beliefs - you pull the knives out and spew hate like nobody's business. That's your right, but don't expect me and perhaps some others to be impressed the juvenile reaction many of you that are boiling over with anger share. Keep it. I don't need it.

Walking away from this bash the homophobic mommy sheeple rant thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
BTW... focusing on the post now... gay people are regular people like everyone else and only those blinded by religion and bigotry attack a gay lifestyle.

Everyone attempts to blame all racism and bigotry primarily on the 'undereducated' when this is not the fact.

Bigotry and racism is alive and well in every big city of this country, SADLY...

Blinded by religion? I believe in god and also in tolerence. Your blatant disrespect for other peoples views is obnoxious!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well, I don't hate the protestors, I think they can do something else better with their time rather then trying to get someone fired for being who they just want to be. No one tells them what they should or shouldn't be. It's childish to be ganging up on this woman for none other then being gay. If she actually did harm to them or their child then it would be understandable.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Fortunately - - more and more businesses are not caving to these hate groups - - - and are supporting equal rights.

You do not need to agree with being gay - - to support Equal Rights.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

S&F

Good book that explains this mentality; Conservatives Without Conscience by John W. Dean

Islam has their radicals over there and we have ours over here.

Only difference and the main thing keeping these radicals under control is not joining Church and State.

Our forefathers were quite wise.

Some of the most hateful people I have met have called themselves conservative Christians.

The soul has no gender and sometimes you cannot help who you fall in love with.

These housewives should mind their own business and not judge anyone that is not hurting another person.

This type of thing is a power trip, a "you will believe and conduct your private life exactly as I dictate"

Now if it involved children or animals, yes I would be upset.

But we're looking at two adult females.

With all the world problems we are facing today, nuclear meltdowns, our oceans and their inhabitants systematically being destroyed, our air being polluted, our trees (the lungs of our planet) being logged at a astronomical rate, 27,000 people dying each day from starvation and dehydration, child abuse and slavery, war, endless wars, endless genocide, and all these ladies have to holler about are two ladies that prefer each others company?????

Power trip - you will believe exactly as I do, you will believe in my Bible, my God, my idea of who to love.

Silly.

Again, I feel like I don't even belong on this planet - that number of people should be marching on Washington, demanding our leaders and the Federal Reserve be held accountable, instead they march against two gay women.

Side tracked..................we as a species better get our act together fast and start concentrating on the important stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Ms. Degeneres is free to accept a spokesperson's role anywhere one is offered. JC Penney has every right to hire whom they wish for the position. The protesters have every right to protest. Customers have every right to shop or to not shop at JC Penney as they wish. Those who vehemently disagree with the protesters have the right to counter-protest.

Hey! We're back in sync.

But the tide is turning. Many companies are no longer allowing themselves to be bullied by these "hate groups". And yes they are hate groups.

You don't need to agree with being gay - - to understand Equal Rights.

There have actually been some companies that have turned around recently from being boycotted by gays.

The tide is turning.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

In a sense you are correct however, one million women???

We have currently a lot more very crucial problems that now involved all of humanity, very very very serious problems going on all over our planet.

And 1 million women choose to march against two gay women????

Again I keep telling everyone, choose your battles carefully. We as a species, if we all do not unite and get our act together may face some very serious consequences within the near future.

Who quietly is going to bed with who (if they are both consenting adults) is really a very stupid issue for a million women to march on.

We need that many people to march onto the White House lawn or the Federal Reserve.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Who gives a crap about 1 million moms, they have only had 67000 users hit there site in the last few days, obviously a fringe group that feels they will be important if they scream loud enough. Typical right wing evangelical BS if you ask me. OMG gay people are going to convert my children. Mainstream Christians need to get a grip on the hypocrits among them.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

Sure they have a right to be heard, but does that give them the right to force their prejudices on someone or some company? That they can force a company to fire someone for being gay? To use their "freedom of speech" to foist oppression and bigotry on a company? Last time I checked Ellen Degeneres wasn't hurting anyone or spewing hate-speech, does she deserve to be caused economic harm by being fired from a gig by some group like "One Million Moms" (which is probably half a dozen spiteful hate-filled shrews cooped up in some church basement).

There's a big difference between free speech and hate speech. Targeting someone with hate letters and calling for them to be fired is not my version of "freedom of speech".

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Why does it bother you so much?

Because it's side tracking...............we as a species have bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Who is sleeping with who (as long as they are two consenting adults) is nobody's business and there are, planet wise, a lot more pressing issues one million women should be putting their energy towards.

Besides as stated before..............it's not that being gay is wrong, it's really a POWER TRIP.

They want everyone to adhere to their belief system, they want to control who may fall in love with who.

Silly downright silly.

Again, we better start addressing some of the really important issues vs these stupid non important issues such as who is in love with who.

One million is a large number - imagine if they had each just put that energy towards world peace, world hunger, cleaning up our planet that we're destroying.............instead they chose to use that negative energy to try and shove their belief system down everyone else.

Again, absolutely silly when we as a planet are facing the dire problems we now face.

It's like clipping your toe nails while your house is burning down.
edit on 3-2-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join