It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million Moms rally at JcPenny's to fire Ellen Degeneres for being GAY!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
By the way: ONE MILLION MOMS - - is the name of the group.

From what I've read - - they are not even a large group. Don't let the name fool you.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay.

Thanks for the info.

How many marched then???

And if they are not 1 million moms why do they call themselves that

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Annee

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay.

Thanks for the info.

How many marched then???

And if they are not 1 million moms why do they call themselves that

Its like a mom-to-mom fringe group of NOM (National Organization for Marriage)

There's also a One Million Dad's group.

I have no idea how many marched or boycotted.

I'm sure in their mind they think they represent millions of moms.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

From what I've read - - they are not even a large group. Don't let the name fool you.

Exactly, a million mom's in our world, don't matter for nothing. The problem being they scream loud, and try and make themselves larger than they are. I have been a very mellow agnostic for many years, the religious right is forcing me to become a very vocal hardcore atheist. If their god is all they have to offer, I would rather go to hell.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The term "hate group" strikes me as being just as subjective as the concept of one being 'wrong'. In both cases, the term indicates a personal belief that is therefore by definition only applicable to the individual.

Isn't the very concept of a "hate group" antithetic to the American system of justice? Hate is an emotion, whereas our entire legal system is designed to respond to actions. How can an emotion be wrong, illegal, immoral?

I'll happily agree with everything else you said.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

Exactly, a million mom's in our world, don't matter for nothing. The problem being they scream loud, and try and make themselves larger than they are. I have been a very mellow agnostic for many years, the religious right is forcing me to become a very vocal hardcore atheist. If their god is all they have to offer, I would rather go to hell.

I'm telling ya - - - these people make it harder and harder to not hate all Christians.

I will NOT blanket Christians - - because I know there are many many who fight for the rights of gays. But these extreme Right Wing Fundamentalists really give true Christians a bad name.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Annee

The term "hate group" strikes me as being just as subjective as the concept of one being 'wrong'. In both cases, the term indicates a personal belief that is therefore by definition only applicable to the individual.

Oh I knew you would object to that.

But you are basically saying everyone has a right to be. Equal Rights is Equal Rights.

These people are hating Equal Rights - - - and that is why I call them a hate group.

Personal belief - - - has no qualifier in Equal Rights.
edit on 3-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Two gay women? Oh, my God, tell me they didn't clone Ellen Degeneres!

Seriously, I don't think we are talking about a million women, any more than the "Million Man March" some time back had a million men marching. What we have here is a group that are voicing their opinion. If this group forms a substantial percentage of JC Penney's sales they will be heard, not via the protest, but via their shopping habits.

And everyone who responds to this action in a derisive manner will make their protest more effective, simply by emphasizing it.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wow doesn't surprise me, just the typical americans. Your different so you must be WRONG! Sue them, kill them, do whatever to them. We people love to create US vs. THEM, and this is what will lead to our extinction.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

I'm telling ya - - - these people make it harder and harder to not hate all Christians.

I will NOT blanket Christians - - because I know there are many many who fight for the rights of gays. But these extreme Right Wing Fundamentalists really give true Christians a bad name.

I grew up in the Christian church, even into adulthood. I saw so much hate and hypocritacal behaviour I could no longer buy into it. Funny thing is, today I saw a study that shows the right wing is much less intelligent than the left, imagine that I could have told them that from observation.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If your information is correct, and these ladies have any relationship with NOM... then they're mission is well documented on many other fronts.. attempt to persuade public opinion by misleading information, i.e. million mom... and force the opinion of a small group on the many.
Huh... probably learned that from the government... only NOM is nowhere near as successful at disinformation as our intelligence agencies... lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

There wasn't a march... it's a letter writing campaign. They've tried this on Macy's and Disney for similar reasons. This is all on the website...

The OP slanted the title and didn't provide the background info. NEVER take an ATS thread/title at face value...

edit on 3-2-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

How is anyone forcing their opinions on anyone here? Do these women sit on the Board of Directors of JC Penney? No. And because of that, they have no more power than anyone else to affect the decisions of JC Penney. You can still shop there, and that will do more good than complaining about women complaining... if your goal is to have these protests end in vain.

This is the same argument that has been used by the opposing views before. "This business supported an anti-gay organization... BOYCOTT!" "They fired someone for being gay! LAWSUIT!" "The CEO is a homophobe! GO TO THE SPONSORS!" Where is the difference now? There is none, except for the agenda.

Just as I supported the right of others to protest a viewpoint, I support the right of these women to do the same. You may agree with the previous agendas I alluded to, or you may agree with these women. But at the very least, I would hope you (and anyone reading this) would understand the fact that the agenda is different does not mean different rules apply.

Just as I argued at the time that such actions were futile and self-destructive, I would tell these protesters now that their actions are going to do them more harm than good.

There's a big difference between free speech and hate speech. Targeting someone with hate letters and calling for them to be fired is not my version of "freedom of speech".

The only difference between "free speech" and "hate speech" is that the person making the distinction disagrees strongly with "hate speech". And as long as that distinction is used to control speech, there is truly no such thing as "free speech".

The two cannot co-exist. Of what use is having a right if anyone can at any time deny you the practice of it on the basis of a personal agenda?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The problem with equality is that both sides of a disagreement are allowed to voice their views. While I don't really care if Ms. Degeneres is the spokesperson or not, I do find it ironic that after so many protests for "gay rights" and "gay marriage", this protest is denigrated by those who have used protests to advance their agendas.

If someone disagrees with this demonstration, feel free to counter it by patronizing JC Penney.

I make no allegations as to who is 'right' or who is 'wrong' in this... as mentioned, I don't really care as I rarely even drive by JC Penneys. I only point out the inconsistency. If one group gets to freely protest, the other group gets to freely protest as well.

TheRedneck

P.S.: I realize I am about to be flamed for this statement, but I would rather be burnt to a crisp by the flames of anger while standing for equality than remain safe, quietly hiding in silence, while I watch inequality being touted by those who cry for equality.

No, I'm sorry - moral relativism is the first port of call for any scoundrel. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but being entitled to one doesn't immunize it from the scrutiny of others. They of course have every right to voice an opinion, but we're just saying what a completely stupid protest it is to have. Besides which, even if they paid Ellen Degeneres dividend on stock, I don't think people would care as long as the place remains affordable.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Can't argue with your statement there. I don't see how you can, unless you create a double standard.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Personal belief - - - has no qualifier in Equal Rights.

Exactly Annee. And since the very concept of hate is a personal, subjective observation based solely on belief, that means that no exercise of equal rights can exist if hate is used as a measure.

Neither you nor I can determine if this is a result of hatred. We can speculate, but we cannot delve inside someone's mind to determine if indeed hate was a factor. You can not know what goes on inside my head, just as I can not know what goes on in yours. Therefore we cannot base exercise of personal freedom on whether or not hate exists without destroying personal freedom for all.

We can base the exercise of personal freedom on action... some time back, I seem to remember a story about some gay guy being killed for being gay by being dragged behind a truck. I submit that while this may well have been (and IMO was) a heinous crime deserving of increased penalty, it can never be proven to be a hate crime... at least in the commonly accepted usage of the word.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
ellen has the right to be gay
these women have the right to waste their lives being stupid
i have the right to call them stupid...

...and theyre probably really fat too.... and ugly.

i bet there husbands stopped making love to them a long time ago... explains everything.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by duality90

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but being entitled to one doesn't immunize it from the scrutiny of others. They of course have every right to voice an opinion, but we're just saying what a completely stupid protest it is to have.

As long as you are simply voicing your opinion on their opinion, I agree. The OP struck me as wishing to have them silenced... and that is where I draw the line. Now, if I misunderstood that intent, I apologize. But already, I have seen posts about the problem being Christians... and how long until someone advocates the banning of all religion?

That strikes me as being a little beyond simply voicing an opinion. Yet, I have not seen a single thread on this general topic that does not include such.

Besides which, even if they paid Ellen Degeneres dividend on stock, I don't think people would care as long as the place remains affordable.

I have to agree again, although only time will tell. WalMart seems to be doing just fine, despite leaving all it's morals in Sam Walton's grave and being pretty disgusting in their treatment of employees. I personally consider that to be much more disturbing than hiring a spokesperson.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee? I can vouch for the Bananas Foster, as my sister once made it for Christmas breakfast. The flames just make it so fun.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Ooooooh, they are picking on a protected class, get em!

Geez, don't some of you have a counter protest to go to?

By the way, Ellen is a spokeswoman for an EVIL CORPORATION! Sick her!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join