It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s all about to change [TJWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It had been a difficult month, and I was in need of a break. I was suffering from a great deal of stress, and just wanted to get out into the fresh air, away from the house, my responsibilities and my problems. My grandson wanted to go to the park, and it was a beautiful day. When my youngest son got home from school, I asked him if he wanted to accompany us.

He made a phone call from his cell phone, and then told me that Mary would meet us there. Mary was his girlfriend, his first girlfriend. I liked her, she was a sweet girl, and had affected my son in so many positive ways.

We set out and walked to the park. It was only about one mile from us, and had a playground. My grandson loved playing there. I had to stop about half way, much to the protest of my grand-daughter in the stroller, my hip was bothering me, but the kids strode on ahead. I did not get to rest long as my grand-daughter kept screaming for her brother who just would not slow down and wait.

Eventually I caught up with them and sat down on a bench to watch my grandson and grand-daughter play on the jungle gym. He was so good at socializing, and playing with the other children. Independent at 5 with brown hair and golden hazel eyes that reflected his intelligence in every one of his sly grins. Most times I couldn’t keep up with his activity level, but today was a good day, and except for the one stop I had to make to rest walking to the park, I was able to.

He loved his half sister immensely, and protected her viciously, but treated her gently. Her blonde curls bounced around her chubby cheeks, and stopped for a moment to she brush away the bangs from her crystal blue eyes and began to run after her brother screeching.

She was just two and a half years old, but as bright and active as her brother. My oldest son was her father, and her mother was his now ex-wife. She was a spiteful witch, filing for divorce a mere six weeks after their marriage. I had a few other choice words I used to describe her, none of them fit to be heard around children.

I had both the kids today because my son was working and both of my son's exes decided to go out and "celebrate" the finalization of the divorce. They had been best friends in high school, and loved to play with my son's heart. I often wondered if winning meant seeing who could hurt my son more.

My youngest had met up with his girlfiend, and the two of them were sitting side by side, holding hands on one of the tables of the open air pavilion just a small distance from the jungle gym. I hoped that I wasn't going to have to go down the same road of broken hearts with my youngest. I hoped that he had learned what not to do from his brother.

It was warm. A nice sunny day, and I had to squint a little to watch my grandchildren play. They were chasing each other around the playground and laughing and screeching like small children are supposed to do. I loved both of them so much. It was rare that they got to play together, and seeing them so happy warmed me inside.

I didn’t see her walk up, but suddenly there was a woman asking me if I minded if she joined me. She was quite elderly, and I moved over to make room for her on the bench on which I sat.

She looked to be about 80 years old, if I were to hazard a guess, and there was something very familiar about her. She sat next to me and watched the children play for about five minutes, a reflective smile on her face.

She was well dressed, and her eyes seemed warm, compassionate. I wondered why she tickled the back of my mind though, something about her, something I couldn’t put my finger on, made me feel as though I were sitting next to my grandmother.

Not that she looked like my grandmother, but she made me feel as though she had the knowledge of the world behind her eyes.

“It will get better you know” she said to me.

“I know” was all I could reply.

“No, really, it will get better. I know you are frustrated and sad, but it is going to get better” she said.

I looked at her. She continued to speak while still watching the children play.

She nodded towards my youngest son who seemed to be in a deep conversation with his girlfriend. “You see that young man over there? He’s just coming into the person that he is going to be. He is going to change the world, and he will be loved and admired by many people. But, you know that already, you said it the day he was born.”

My head snapped to look at her. “What are you some kind of psychic?”

She chuckled. “No my dear, not a psychic, but I know many things that are to come, and many more about you.”
She looked at me levelly, and a small smile fastened itself on her mouth.

She turned to watch the children once again and continued on.

“The girl, she will stand beside him for all time. She will be a good woman, she is a good woman for him, but you already know that. She might not like you a whole lot right now, but she will come to love you dearly, and you her.

That little man over there, that is what you call him isn’t it, Little man? Well, his life is going to change tomorrow. Sad in a way, but the best thing that could have happened to him when you think about it. “

“What do you mean?” I asked her.

She turned to look at me then, and I could see a glint of sadness in her eyes. “Today his mother will die.”

I gasped and turned to watch my grandson play. How could she say something so horrible? It wasn’t that I really believed her, but my stomach turned as if she were speaking an absolute truth.

“Do not worry dear, he will be fine. You’ve been there all his life, and you will always be there for him. You know that his mother hasn’t, and that he would probably be better off without her. It really is for the best, and he will be just fine. As a matter of fact, he will will be better than fine, because of you. “

I let her ramble on.
“ You are a very powerful woman, you just don’t recognize it in yourself. But,what it is evident and recognized in your boys. Tomorrow is only the beginning of many things to come. She will die, and the other woman, Karie, she will die too. “

I looked at her again, but she seemed to be off in distant thought.

“They will be fine, you will be fine, it will all be fine. Remember, everything happens for a reason, and only good will come of it.”

I said that all the time, it was my mantra, my hearts honest belief, my strength to carry on in the face of adversity.

Who was this woman?

“Who are you? How do you know all these things? How do you know me?”

“ I’ve watched you all of my life, all of your life.”

“Can I ask you something then?”

“You can ask any question you want, doesn’t mean that I will be able to answer you, but you may ask.”

So I began posing a bunch of simple questions to her. What was my birthday? Where was I born? What was my favorite color?

Each question was answered correctly in turn, and each getting progressively more personal and secretive details of my life. She answered all of them without hesitation, and all the right answers.

“Are you done with the preliminary questions? Are you going to ask me the questions you really want to know the answers to, now?” She finally asked me when I had run out of questions to ask her.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I looked at her, studying her face for a moment, and then I said to her “Since you obviously know me so well, you must already know the questions I am going to ask you. Why don’t you just give me the answers?”

She sighed heavily and shook her head chuckling. “Well then, lets see…”

“You and Michael will be married next year. No, there in no apocolyptic ending to the world in December. Although there will be a great and wonderous change. Pah, you already know that. You already know what is coming. Yes, it will be miraculous and wonderous, and the world will change quickly. The world will be healed, and strife will end. There will be peace very soon, but not without a fair dose of turmoil, but it won’t last long, they will make sure of that.

Your sons are already wise men, and they will become wise leaders. Your oldest son will find a good woman, and they will have two more children. He will finally know good love, and he will be happy. Your youngest will also have four children, three boys and a girl. Your oldest granddaughter will marry another good man, another good leader, and they will have 6 beautiful children. Your great, great grand-daughter will bear your name, and very much your likeness. You will live to see her born and grow into a young woman. You will be very very old when you die. Well over your 200th year, despite your smoking and currently unhealthy ways, but I can’t tell you exactly how old you will be. The longevity of humanity is the gift your youngest son brings. His discoveries and theories will be the cause of is fame and his adoration.

You will guide many, as you have guided your sons, and will soon guide your grandson and grand-daughter. The moments of grief over the next few weeks will give you strength anew, and it will be that strength that will help you guide the others that will come to you. You have always been a great and strong woman, and you will become a very wise woman, and influential guide in the coming years..”

She shifted in her seat, and then stood to look down at me.

“I have to go now, my work here is done, my time here is done. I must go back now.”

I stood to meet her gaze . “Who are you?” I asked.

She looked over her shoulder at a man standing at the edge of the parking lot and began to walk toward him. “I cannot tell you, but if you follow me, you will know.”

I followed her to the man waiting for her. As I got closer, he too felt familiar. When we were about ten paces away she stopped and turned to me extending her hand toward the man waiting for her.

It only took me a moment, but as he looked at me, smiling his crooked smile filled with adoration and love I realized who she was. I realized who I was, and I knew who I would become.

He walked the ten paces to her, and placed his arm around her, smiling at me. He turned to kiss her, and they shimmered and faded from my sight.

I went back and to sit down on the bench where we had been talking. On the seat there was a note, adressed to me.

It was written in my hand, and I knew that it had been left behind by my future self.
I opened it began to read.

“This is the moment that defines you. All that you are, all that you will become is everything that you have been up to this moment. Hold strong, it’s all about to change.”

My cell phone rang and my eldest son’s number showed on the display, and I began to cry before I answered the call.

“Hello, Mom? There’s been an accident” he sobbed “Karie and Kats are dead.”

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Good story, so far

Is that the end ?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Yes, that is the end.

Wait, maybe that was the beginning.
Yeah, that's the beginning.

No, wait, it's the end.
/insert time loop here/

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Regardless of the stars and flags, this one is the best entry I have read tonight.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Very touching and profound, the way you cast human nature into an honest conversation. Well written and captivating.

It makes you think of all the times you have had a conversation with an "elderly" stranger, who perhaps had a "hidden" identity. You just don't know.

SnF.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Is there a way to give more than 1 star and 1 flag?? Awesome story! I love your style of writing. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Good luck in the contest....I think we have a winner! Hello? PTB, winner over here!

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thank you all for your kind comments. I really do appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I liked this one much more. It lead me in, spun me around a bit then let me off at the end wondering about what was next, just like every good ride should do! Bravo!

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I am sorry I cannot flag it twice.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Thank you very much.
Though I wish I could go back and correct the typos!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

That is a very sweet thought.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeSistersofLoveandLigh

I always type my responses if they are long or stories in Word and then post them after a re-read.

top topics

join