It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis is....Totally OBVIOUS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hanslune....thank you for participating in my op..
You are clearly very bright and thorough...
It is because of people like you that i come on this site..
Star(s) for you!!!

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone
reply to post by Hanslune

Hanslune....thank you for participating in my op..
You are clearly very bright and thorough...
It is because of people like you that i come on this site..
Star(s) for you!!!

-Christosterone

Certainly!.... and I was delayed by domestic concerns...

Here is another reference

A look at coc aine in mummies

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
reply to post by Christosterone

American schools may be Eurocentric but we in England were never taught much about South America except for the optional Geography classes (we had three years compulsory learning the basics and the last two years we had to choose either Geography or History and I went with the latter with lessons on WW2 and JFK's assassination while a friend studied Macha Piccu in the Geography class).

JFK's assissanation wouldve been interesting...
Although my conspiracy bubble was burst when I met the Dr. who was the chief surgery resident that worked on the president that day in Dallas.
My wife graduated med school with Alpha Omega Alpha honors and the 15 or so honorees got to bring their spouses to an intimate dinner honoring their achievement.
The speaker was the MD resident that had run the code on the president....i dont remember his name but my wife will(shes working)...
Anyhow, he was the first witness called by the Warren commission....pretty cool, right...

He discussed in detail what he had done and the procedures he had performed...the most interesting tidibit to me was that he had sewn shut both the trache hole and the throat exit wound....thus making there only appear to be 1 exit wound with 2 entry points...
He explained that the warren commission never asked him about this...
He died 2 months after this speech of cancer(he was in stage when he spoke)...

Kind of a funny aside: i was the only one in the small group that was absolutely thrilled to meet him...most of the others were not interested in history/conspiracies....just medicine...

Sorry for the long tangent story but it was AWESOME.....

-Christosterone

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I think the Americas was olde-Atlantis and is now New Atlantis!

Can it stay 'above the waves' though???

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I believe that Atlantis was located in or around the Gulf of Mexico and thrived during and up to the end of the Ice Age around 12,000 years ago. The great city could have been located off the southern tip of Florida or in the Caribbean. And the reason for the wash out of Atlantis was flood waters from the breaking of the ice dam that held back Lake Agassiz that allowed a MASSIVE amount of water to flood south through the Mississippi River area and into the Gulf of Mexico. Survivors used rafts or anything that floated and made it to northern South America or Mexico.

Surviving generations of Atlanteans lived long after the epic devastation of their lands and regularly traded with later civilizations. Thus the reason why Egyptians mummies have been found with tobacco and coca.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Maybe the Aztecs modeled their city after an ancient fable they may have also had stories of.
The design of their city is very specific and unlike any others there. When the Spanish landed the folklore says the natives thought they were returning gods or something along those lines.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone
Atlantis to me seems fairly obvious as to what Plato may have been referring to.

Lets look at Plato's description:
Firstly, he described it as being located on a CONTINENT to the west of the Straits of Gibraltar (pillars of Hercules)...
There are 2 things we can take from this....
1) A continent once located in the Atlantic disappeared because Poseidon got mad
2) Plato is referring to an existing, non-disappearing continent(s) lying west of Spain....

Lets look at a map and see if there are any unknown(at the time of Plato) continents west of Spain...

No. Plato (a Greek) never said anything about the Strait of Gibraltor nor Spain. The British claimed that in their botched translation of the Greek language in the 1800s. Prior to the 1800s, Greeks had always believed that their sunken island was in the Aegean Sea. Because Plato maintained that the sunken island lay "beyond the Pillars of Heracles" and those Pillars used to be on the island of Rhodes, the entry way to the Aegean Sea.

Then Brits in the 1800s wanted to steal the story. They altered the Greek and manipulated story places to claim that the sunken island was in the Atlantic. Technically, in the Greek version, the sunken island is called Atlas. Atlas was the son of Poseidon. Atlas was the name of the sunken island in the Greek language. But the British in the 1800s altered the Greek and called the island "Atlantis", rather than Atlas.

Greeks who speak Greek daily who pick up a copy of Plato never look for their sunken island in the Atlantic Ocean. And the original story was written in their language. Don't you find it odd that only Brits and Americans reading a mistranslation look for this sunken island in the Atlantic? Yet, none of the Greeks look in the Atlantic when reading Greek. Plato was Greek, not British the last time I checked. Did it ever occur to anyone that the reason no one can find a sunken island in the Atlantic is because the British botched and altered the translation? After all, Greeks reading Plato in Greek look in the Aegean and never the Atlantic.

And besides the rest of Plato's story talks about how the island of Atlas founded the city of Athens (the capitol of Greece) but that the island group became corrupt. Then Athens (the capitol of Greece) went to war with the island of Atlas (that sunk).

Has anyone ever heard of a Greek war between Athens and the Mayans? No. And why? Because Plato's story has nothing to do with the Mayans. The whole notion of claiming that Mayans founded the capitol of Greece-- the great city of Athina is extremely rude and insulting. Yet Plato claims the sunken island of Atlas did found Athina. And if the island became corrupt, and Athens went to war, then don't you think that if the island had anything to do with the Mayans, there'd be some record in Greece and among Mayans of this alleged Greek-Mayan war that Plato referred to. There isn't a record of it because Plato's story of a sunken island had nothing to do with the Atlantic Ocean at all.

Besides, the entire notion that this sunken island being the Mayans has no viable evidence. If that were true then civilization would have originated in the Americas and come to Europe and Europeans would have been growing plants and crops of American origin. That NEVER happened. Europeans grew plants and crops that are primarily Aegean in origin. Even Egypt was growing Aegean plants, such as Aegilopoides einkorn wheat from the Aegean was a crop grown in Alexandria. If Mayans had started civilization, then Europe would have been growing potatoes, tomatoes and corn in Ancient Greece. That never happened. Corn, potatoes and tomatoes were introduced into Europe after Columbus or at least tomatoes of the red variety. (Europe used to grow purple plum tomatoes which grow wild in high altitudes all over Europe. The red variety come from America. Europe used to eat the parsnip until potatoes were introduced after Columbus).

So since the crops go from Aegean to Mediterranean to Atlantic, there's no way that Mayans started civilization in Europe.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I, and Authors J.L Sorenson and C.L. Johannessen disagree with this statement:

Corn, potatoes and tomatoes were introduced into Europe after Columbus or at least tomatoes of the red variety. (Europe used to grow purple plum tomatoes which grow wild in high altitudes all over Europe. The red variety come from America. Europe used to eat the parsnip until potatoes were introduced after Columbus).

The evidence exists to the contrary sir. Lets not get our logic thrown off by claims of Mayan World Order....it isnt really important in this context.

westinstenv.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
here's a theory

maybe Atlantis WAS a large continent in the Atlantic Ocean...but their inhabitants were mixed descendants of Amerindian settlers coming from the west and European and North African settlers coming from the east. The Aztec and Maya civilizations would be influenced by the Atlanteans, just as Egypt and Sumeria would also be influenced by the Atlanteans.

I'm not saying I believe that , but that's just an idea that I thought up.
edit on 5-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2012 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I think all this talk about where Atlantis was is a case of not seeing the forest for the trees

to get the right answer you have to ask the right question, isn't that in the Holy Grail Legends ? doesn't the hero fail the quest by asking the wrong question during the procession of the Grail at the castle of the Fisher King?

we shouldn't be asking where is Atlantis? but who were the Atlanteans?

or if you're me you would ask ,who cares? and why does it matter ?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think it's somewhere under the Atlantic Ocean between North And South.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Atlantis was....totally an allegory !

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I know of two different locations for Atlantis in two different ages. The first Atlantis of about 100 000 years ago was in the Atlantic ocean and it consisted of 2 adjacent largish landmasses (north and south). It sunk a few thousand years after it was first populated. The 2nd Atlantis rose about 40 000 years ago and was in the Caribbean joing existing Islands together into one triangular landmass. Both were populated by the white race initially but as their influence spread around the world they attracted other races who immigrated into the Atlantean cities slowly.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If Atlantis even existed it existed 9,000 years prior to the rise of Christianity. Least that is what the Egyptians priests claimed and referred to Solon an ancient Greek. I think personally Atlantis was in Northern part of Europe, if it existed, British isles is the mostly place if any, but who's knows either way.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klimhazard
I know of two different locations for Atlantis in two different ages. The first Atlantis of about 100 000 years ago was in the Atlantic ocean and it consisted of 2 adjacent largish landmasses (north and south). It sunk a few thousand years after it was first populated. The 2nd Atlantis rose about 40 000 years ago and was in the Caribbean joing existing Islands together into one triangular landmass. Both were populated by the white race initially but as their influence spread around the world they attracted other races who immigrated into the Atlantean cities slowly.

Klimhazard, I feel this is correct, and ties in with what other intuitives have said about Bimini and the fabled Poseid.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MapMistress
No. Plato (a Greek) never said anything about the Strait of Gibraltor nor Spain.

And he named them all; the eldest, who was the first king, he named Atlas, and after him the whole island and the ocean were called Atlantic. To his twin brother, who was born after him, and obtained as his lot the extremity of the island towards the Pillars of Heracles, facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world, he gave the name which in the Hellenic language is Eumelus, in the language of the country which is named after him, Gadeirus.

Critias

On Cadiz, Spain:

The city was originally founded as Gadir (Phoenician גדר "walled city") by the Phoenicians[citation needed], who used it in their trade with Tartessos, a city-state believed by archaeologists to be somewhere near the mouth of the Guadalquivir River, about thirty kilometres northwest of Cadiz. (Its exact location has never been firmly established.)

Cadiz is the most ancient city still standing in Western Europe.[1] Traditionally, its founding is dated to 1104 BC[5] although no archaeological strata on the site can be dated earlier than the 9th century BC. One resolution for this discrepancy has been to assume that Gadir was merely a small seasonal trading post in its earliest days.

Later[citation needed], the Greeks knew the city as Gadira or Gadeira. According to Greek legend, Gadir was founded by Hercules after performing his fabled tenth labor, the slaying of Geryon, a monstrous warrior-titan with three heads and three torsos joined to a single pair of legs. As early as the 3rd century, a tumulus (a large earthen mound) near Cádiz was associated with Geryon's final resting-place.[6]

One of the city's notable features during antiquity was the temple dedicated to the Phoenician god Melqart. (Melqart was associated with Hercules by the Greeks.) According to the Life of Apollonius of Tyana, the temple was still standing during the 1st century. Some historians, based in part on this source, believe that the columns of this temple were the origin of the myth of the pillars of Hercules.[7]

...the city fell to Roman forces under Scipio Africanus. The people of Cadiz welcomed the victors. Under the Romans, the city's Greek name was modified to Gades; it flourished as a Roman naval base.

Source: Wiki

Originally posted by MapMistressBecause Plato maintained that the sunken island lay "beyond the Pillars of Heracles" and those Pillars used to be on the island of Rhodes, the entry way to the Aegean Sea.

Rhodes is hardly the entry way to the Aegean Sea.

Here's what Plato wrote:

...for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea,

Timaeus
Please locate the "narrow entrance" to the Aegean Sea.

Originally posted by MapMistressAtlas was the son of Poseidon. Atlas was the name of the sunken island in the Greek language. But the British in the 1800s altered the Greek and called the island "Atlantis", rather than Atlas.

Atlantis:

Ἀτλαντὶς

Source: Timaeus (in Greek)
Atlas:

Ἄτλας

Source: wiki

Originally posted by MapMistressAnd besides the rest of Plato's story talks about how the island of Atlas founded the city of Athens (the capitol of Greece) but that the island group became corrupt.

In fact, the story clearly and explicitly states that Athens was, as the Greeks liked to think, founded by Athena herself and nowhere in the story does it indicate that the Atlantians had anything to do with Athen's founding:

He replied:-In the Egyptian Delta, at the head of which the river Nile divides, there is a certain district which is called the district of Sais, and the great city of the district is also called Sais, and is the city from which King Amasis came. The citizens have a deity for their foundress; she is called in the Egyptian tongue Neith, and is asserted by them to be the same whom the Hellenes call Athene; they are great lovers of the Athenians, and say that they are in some way related to them.
SNIP
Solon marvelled at his words, and earnestly requested the priests to inform him exactly and in order about these former citizens. You are welcome to hear about them, Solon, said the priest, both for your own sake and for that of your city, and above all, for the sake of the goddess who is the common patron and parent and educator of both our cities. She founded your city a thousand years before ours...

Timaeus again.

Harte
edit on 6/14/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This post is mainly for lostinau, I tried sending it via PM but I don't have enough posts yet. It is relevant to the forum and thread so I thought I'd post it here. It is about my past life memories of Atlantis.

Thanks. I'm still recalling the memories. Quite a few to recall; they span about 12 000 years. Many amazing things, some people in those days could live up to and over 1000 years. I know previously from other memories that the planet's information field/light field and took the vital energy from bacteria and viruses of Earth and supplied the vitality to human bodies. The max lifespan before the body began to wore out was about 5000 years and depending who you were you could either age young again or die.

Atlantis in the Caribbean had cities spanning over the landmass joining Cuba and the other Caribbean islands to Mexico, Florida and land south of Guyana. Overall the landmass had a rather triangular shape- rather like a spear head. Atlantis also extended into Mexico, northern South America and southern North America (USA). There were canals stretching into the continents in several directions and branching out as well. The landmass in the centre of the Caribbean had a triangular canal network with canals heading towards the Atlantic ocean and the two inland seas (maybe 3 I'm not sure). The cities were built of the substance simulata and like I said on the forum, they used technology to get the buildings to grow. The standard practice was to build cities in a macroscopic geometric or artistic form to channel 'energies' or rather 'the Force' better for technological and spiritual purposes. People also had more happy feelings in these cities. Originally the buildings grew themselves during the foundation of Atlantis but the resulting cities were small in size.

The other major world civilisation at the time was Ancient India which was much older than Atlantis and lasted much longer after it sunk beneath the waves. They intermittently went to war or engaged in great trade with each other. The conflicts were never major except occasionally.

A bit more about the Force or the energies that the Atlanteans believed in; the Force output of the cities and the people in them allowed the Atlaneans to grow extremely healthy crops in great numbers with minimal human interaction. Toilets in Atlantis were communal along with showers. Garbage disposal consisted of dome-like cavities beneath the cities filled with a bit of water where intelligent Force or 'magick' returned the substances to the Earth.

Atlantis was ruled by a variety of priest-kings and priest-mayors but had a rather liberal society although there were many 'secrets of the world' being hidden away except for those who had earned it. One of these was how Atlantis originated. The everyday Atlantean, when asked about their civilisations origins' would say 'we came out of the sea'. In reality about 25 000 years after humanity had come to Earth from Marduk, the white race had all about died out. Krishna along with other advanced beings of the time used intelligent Force or magick to cause Indian women to give birth to white babies. Sufficient white skinned people came to Earth from Marduk and went to the Atlantic Atlantis (as opposed to the Caribbean one), but it sunk beneath the waves and the genepool was diminished and the white race mostly died out. This caused some panic amongst the Indians (the births of the white babies, not the sinking of the old Atlantis), and Krishna hoping for such a reaction raised Atlantis from the waves by communicating with the planetary information field/consciousness assisted by the wills of the people (and contributed Force) elevated the crust of the Caribbean (which at the stage was just an islandless ocean) to form Atlantis. Intelligent Force (which really is just magick) germinated seeds from soil and animals (simple ones mind you) from rocks to nurture the land.

I hope that is enough for now. Feel free to ask more questions.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Klimhazard, thank you for replying to my requests for more information. Many aspects of you're explanation dovetails with what some intuitives have also seen about the history of Atlantis. Can you elaborate on the chimera's in Atlantis, and how Atlantis in its most recent incarnation ended? How advanced did their technology become? Were the pyramids at Giza built before or after the last sinking of Atlantis and what role did they play? What other colonies did Atlantis possess? Thanks again for your replies.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau
Klimhazard, thank you for replying to my requests for more information. Many aspects of you're explanation dovetails with what some intuitives have also seen about the history of Atlantis. Can you elaborate on the chimera's in Atlantis, and how Atlantis in its most recent incarnation ended? How advanced did their technology become? Were the pyramids at Giza built before or after the last sinking of Atlantis and what role did they play? What other colonies did Atlantis possess? Thanks again for your replies.

I do have some memories of the part-human part-animal creations of the Atlanteans but not many; just enough to know they existed. So I can't really talk in depth about them at this stage. From the beginning to end of the sinking of Atlantis took 100 to 200 years as even the solar year's duration became distorted. Causes built up upon one another, when one problem was remedied another one came about. Amongst the causes were misuse of crystals, they were used destructively and this aggression got stuck in their information fields and this in turn was unleashed upon the crust of Atlantis. Lack of spiritual beliefs and conflict thereof, the geo-spiritual relation between person and the Earth was forgotten. Conflict of races including- whites, blacks, Indians and Jews each in turn attacking each others connection with Atlantis. Armed conflicts with other nations as well as civil war. Alien takeover (better believe it)- Greys and Reptilians landing in Atlantis, ignoring spiritual practices and taking advantage of the land and the people. Self interest of the world's leaders. The landmasses became islands which in turn eventually sunk into the sea.

The Atlanteans achieved a primitive form of space travel. They built egg shaped space craft out of bismuth (amongst other metals and substances). This technology didn't really advance far for various reasons. Also I must add that Atlantis was leagues more advanced than the rest of the world, even India (although they did have airships)- this even was such between various sub-kingdoms of Atlantis. They also had a primitive form of automobile built out of simulata although this was expensive and difficult to make and didn't really catch on amongst Atlanteans.

The pyramids during Atlantis consisted of several towers on top of the hill that the pyramids of Giza a built on. Like then everyone claimed to have built them at various different time periods. There has always been some sort of structure upon the pyramid hills but it wasn't until about 8000 years ago that the pyramids of Giza were built from the Force and magick. If you are wondering about the various star and Earth alignments- they were modified over the ages by magick or the Force to correspond to the beliefs of the time. In the Atlantis era there were used to send the Force to India to subdue the population, that I think was their main purpose in that age.

The Atlantean colonies were spread along most of the coast of the Atlantic ocean, mainly in Europe. Atlantis even went through an apartheid phase when the various races were sent to various colonies 'for energy purposes' although this didn't was long and was quite unsuccessful and made everyone happy. I do know that Britain became the 'homeland' for mixed races during this Apartheid phase. I must add that one must not think badly of the Atlanteans for this brief form of government, but like the root of all conflicts and human suffering; it was due to a shortage of resources.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Klimhazard, can you describe the capital Poseid? There are reports that it was spectacularly beautiful. Did Atlantis nuke India? The pyramids are thought to have been built around 9,600bc, however your account brings the date forward to 6,000bc, meaning 3,600 years post pole shift. This would mean that Atlantean high technology existed 3,600 years after the main island sank. Is this correct? Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join