It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sand Castles and Science

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

What makes you think man is crown of creation? There are millions of successful creatures on this planet.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

What makes you think man is crown of creation? There are millions of successful creatures on this planet.

I don't think Man is the Crown of Creation
Nor do I believe Darwins theory
edit on 3-2-2012 by artistpoet because: Typo thnk think

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Whats there not to believe in? Darwin and science do not base their research on beliefs. It must be proven with demonstrable data.
Maybe you should expand your knowledge and do some research.
For starters you should look into the latest research into biology and evolution and not get so hung up on Darwin. Darwin would be blown out of the water with modern understanding of evolution.
edit on 3-2-2012 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Your logic is faulty. "Sand castles DO occur naturally! Let me "show you."

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Whats there not to believe in? maybe you should expand your knowledge and do some research.
For starters you should look into the latest research into biology, evolution and not get so hung up on Darwin.

Errr Darwins Theory of Evolution is not to be believed in for me maybe you see things diferently
Nor do I beleive those who use biology to build upon Darwins theory of Evolution as if that were true- I am not against modern discovery I relish it. Yet using new information to build upon a flawed theory is like building without foundation.
ps how do you know what my knowledge is?
edit on 3-2-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2012 by artistpoet because: typoz

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Well I have to admit I am a stud and do love meatloaf! Haha jk, but my roommate used to make some amazing meatloaf, now you've made me hungry! I was more interested in the "god showed you" part. Did he actually point this out to you or are you utilizing your own senses and attributing it to god because of how amazing it is?

I'll take attributions to God for the daily double. In all honesty you have me nailed. Still no less amazing in my view. As for the fun of it all. Where ever the fun is you will always find me there.
hope that answers your questions. I feel like that captain of the german gestapo in the move "Inglorious Basturds " OOOOOOH that's a bingo !
Well almost.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

True I do not know what your knowledge is but I certainly know what it isn't.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I must admit that's a much better representation of naturally formed occurrence. I still can't get away from the belief and fact you used a place that is known as mystical and this is all of Gods creation. Of course I will never get around that nor do I want to. Thank you very much for bringing those forward. I do love to marvel. Don't you think science does take away from some of the marvelous ?
edit on 3-2-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF
If evolution and survival of the fittest were true then we would have fish that developed detachable jaws or fish that could eat fishhooks. We would have prey and predators that both would be able to move at near light speed through slower ones constantly dieing.

All vertebrates are of common descent, in the real world a fish can remove the hook with his hands.
The light speed analogy is just rubbish.

fish hands?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

True I do not know what your knowledge is but I certainly know what it isn't.

If you dont know what my knowledge is how can you know what it isn't
What knowledge is it that I don't know?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

fish hands

Isn't it funny the things that can slip right by you if you don't stop to think about it ? I prolly would've moved away from this thread thinking fish really do have hands if you hadn't caught that one.
Absurd ? I know, but still.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow.

There are lots of things mentioned in the bible without explanation as to how it happened... as in all of it.

One should not be so narrow minded as to accept abstraction as absolution.

edit on 2/3/2012 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by JoshF

fish hands

Isn't it funny the things that can slip right by you if you don't stop to think about it ? I prolly would've moved away from this thread thinking fish really do have hands if you hadn't caught that one.
Absurd ? I know, but still.

Of course Fish have hands - you should read up on Biology - It comes just before the section on Dolphin legs

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I must admit that's a much better representation of naturally formed occurrence. I still can't get away from the belief and fact you used a place that is known as mystical and this is all of Gods creation. Of course I will never get around that nor do I want to. Thank you very much for bringing those forward. I do love to marvel. Don't you think science does take away from some of the marvelous ?

The photos of those natural monuments represent erosion, entropy, that took place slowly, over millions of years. I can't believe that god fashioned the planet and the universe, as is, in 6 days.

We marvel at all of creation, and name it god, if we want, or say it is product of god. Personally, I see god as being the whole of creation. Matter is the body of god . Like my body is complicated beyond my understanding, so is god's.

Some believe that god doesn't exist within his creation, but views it from the outside.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The photos of those natural monuments represent erosion, entropy, that took place slowly, over millions of years. I can't believe that god fashioned the planet and the universe, as is, in 6 days.

Nor can I believe the universe just farted itself together as in Abiogenesis. Never the less I see some wise words in your retort. May I say that if it's pantheism for you ? That is far more sensible than no theism.

" I know of two things that go to infinity. The uni-verse and the stupidity of man. I'm not so sure about the uni-verse".

Albert Einstien- A pantheist

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And with this post you're stating a BELIEF, not a fact. Nothing wrong with that, just making it clear that you don't have presented any facts or objective evidence to prove your point

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

HEY! There's a lot of science and biology and stuff in a fart!

This is how god farted the universe into existance....:lol
edit on 3-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by randyvs

HEY! There's a lot of science and biology and stuff in a fart!

This is how god farted the universe into existance....:lol
edit on 3-2-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

So God is a girl with bowel problems
NASA might be interested in that sort of technology

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Cool pic of Orions Sword
Looks like a good place to vacation

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I wonder what God had for dinner the night before the "big bang."

new topics