It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Ejection for bunkers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by JoshF
The math is done

Care to share the numbers?

Not really

Is your idea still electromagnetic?

Why wouldn't it be?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Not really

translation : walt hasnt a clue

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Not really

translation : walt hasnt a clue

Who is walt?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Not really

Why not? What is the point of the thread if not to share?

Why wouldn't it be?

If you had really done the research and the math you would have realized that electromagnetic coil guns are only 1-2% efficient, and that some other technology would have been a better choice.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

you - who else ?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

If you had really done the research and the math you would have realized that electromagnetic coil guns are only 1-2% efficient, and that some other technology would have been a better choice.

When the electricity is free and from the sun efficiency does not really matter.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by JoshF

you - who else ?

How am i supposed to know that you think my name is "walt"?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

When the electricity is free and from the sun efficiency does not really matter.

Just more proof that you have not done any research and/or math. It isn't just the energy at launch time, but also labor and the cost of materials/parts that makes moving 100+ pounds with a coil gun inefficient or impractical.

edit on 9-2-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Just more proof that you have not done any research and/or math. It isn't just the energy at launch time, but also labor and the cost of materials/parts that makes moving 100+ pounds with a coil gun inefficient.

Money is not really an issue and the materials are not that much. The labor would not take any longer than building any other sort of launching device.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Money is not really an issue and the materials are not that much. The labor would not take any longer than building any other sort of launching device.

I see that you like talking without anything to back it up. Here is a coil gun that someone actually built. Cost 100 euros (approx. $133). Shoots 42 gram projectiles. 150lbs is 68,000grams so you would have to make your project about 1,600 times more powerful. Giving you a freebie by assuming that the cost will grow in accordance with the power, which is usually not the case. In order for your coil gun to move 150lbs (you, your bugout bag, hang glider and the platform) it would cost $212,800.

I say put your money where your mouth is. Build it and then come back to us. Anything else is hot air.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I see that you just like talking without anything to back it up. Here is a coil gun that someone actually built. Cost 100 euros (approx. $133).

I gurantee that more than 3/4 of the money was spent dressing it up. For something like that you are looking at 20 bucks for all the electronics.

Shoots 42 gram projectiles. 150lbs is 68,000grams so you would have to make your project about 1,600 times more powerful. Giving you a freebie by assuming that the cost will grow in accordance with the power, which is usually not the case. In order for your coil gun to move 150lbs (you, your bugout bag, hang glider and the platform) it would cost $212,800.

What horrible logic. You obviously know nothing about the cost of electronics and who said anything about a bugout bag?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I gurantee that more than 3/4 of the money was spent dressing it up. For something like that you are looking at 20 bucks for all the electronics.

You can't guarantee anything. You haven't shown any numbers for any calcs. You're just guessing.

What horrible logic. You obviously know nothing about the cost of electronics and who said anything about a bugout bag?

Prove the logic wrong. I happen to know quite a bit about electronics, but what you don't realize is that it isn't just electronics in question.

You're going to pop out of your bunker and land who knows where and you don't plan on having anything with you to help you survive. I see you put as much thought into that as the electromagnetic ejection.

Like I said, put up or shut up.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You can't guarantee anything. You haven't shown any numbers for any calcs. You're just guessing.

Im not guessing at anything. The acrylic housing,light bulb,laser sight,fancy cover for capacitors, blue lights and digital display all would cost more than the components required to fire it.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

All the bells and whistles is nothing compared to the construction of a launch tube that can accomodate a human. Without numbers you're just guessing.

Again, put up or shut up.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

All the bells and whistles is nothing compared to the construction of a launch tube that can accomodate human. Without numbers you're just guessing.

But your (incredibly bad) estimate on price was based off the total including all those bells and whistles.

Again, put up or shut up.

Nobody is forcing you to stay and post in this thread, if you don't like what I say you are free to leave at any time

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

But your (incredibly bad) estimate on price was based off the total including all those bells and whistles.

Yes but that is even cheaper than what you propose so I used it as a rough guide. Much better than what you have offered

Nobody is forcing you to stay and post in this thread, if you don't like what I say you are free to leave at any time

My obligation as a member of this forum to deny ignorance has me posting on this thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

My obligation as a member of this forum to deny ignorance has me posting on this thread.

Do you think just crapping all over someone's idea just because you are disgruntled is denying ignorance? I told you money is not an issue. I have money, are you jealous? Is that what is going on here?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Who said I was disgruntled or poor? Your idea is faulty. I tried showing you why. Why did you even start this thread if you don't plan on giving or accepting information? Why not just build the ejector and be happy with that?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I wanted to share the idea and many of the "information" was no help at all just stupid considerations about price and other little tidbits by people who obviously could not even read the thread.
You are not giving information you are just criticizing due to your own insecurities.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

That is why I asked you to prove me wrong. Instead of building it and proving that it can be done you are now trying to by my own personal on-line psychoanalyst, which isn't the subject of the thread.

So for the last time, put up or shut up.

I'm done until you have something real to offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join