It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Ejection for bunkers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

oh dear - please remember your previous " plan " and stop backpeddling

the entire premise of this idiotic thread was to fire yourself out of a near vertical tuve using a rail gun

now you have turned it to stepping off a hill ????????

priceless

the only way you will survive this is if your " bunker attackers " are too bussy laugthing to compeete in the ` great joshf turkey shoot `

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I didn't turn it into stepping off a hill. I was saying that people can step off a hill with these things and get airborne. wouldn't have to be going incredibly fast for this.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

so do the calculations - what " muzzle velocity "would you need to be fired up a " near vertical " tube and attain sufficient altutude to deploy a folding hanglider and sucessfully recover without crashing into the ground ?

then work out - will i survive this ?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah i think i will be fine

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It would actually be easy to get into a vertically down pit. Ever hear of rope?

A hang glider would have to rely on there being wind when you ejected. If the magnetic field of the earth changes you could find your ejection mechanism not working.

I think you would be better off building a downward vertical slide. Use the electronics to inflate a mattress to check your fall.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Ever hear of sharp spikes?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshF

Come on now. Someone decending slowly on a rope isn't going to be affected too much by spikes.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

Come on now. Someone decending slowly on a rope isn't going to be affected too much by spikes.

When they block they block the entrance they will. If they could get through that door why wouldn't they just use the front door?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Have you done any calculations to see how much power you would need? That circus cannon is not electromagnetic and you better hope whoever is coming after you doesn't cut your net.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by JoshF

Have you done any calculations to see how much power you would need? That circus cannon is not electromagnetic and you better hope whoever is coming after you doesn't cut your net.

who said anything about a net? I kind of have to build the glider before i can weigh it and myself
edit on 8-2-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think it would be much easier to get one of those cannons that they fire clowns out of.
Keep it simple, no need to reinvent the wheel. Technology is great, but the more high tech something is, the easier it is to mess up, especially when things must work when you need it most.
edit on 8-2-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Well you did post the circus act saying you would be fine, which would imply a net. I doubt that you'll be able to build a folding hanglider that opens upon ejection, and have it be reliable. I could be wrong but at this point you haven't even done the numbers on getting launched which pretty much proves that you have no idea of the engineering that it will take.
edit on 8-2-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

I doubt that you'll be able to build a folding hanglider that opens upon ejection

It is actually quite simple, just make it so it is always pressing its self open, so when it leaves the tube walls it just expands.

I could be wrong but at this point you haven't even done the numbers on getting launched which pretty much proves that you have no idea of the engineering that it will take.

That proves nothing, you have to start with an idea and THEN you do the math. You don't aimlessly do calculations until you come up with a good idea.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

It is actually quite simple, just make it so it is always pressing its self open, so when it leaves the tube walls it just expands.

But, will it open reliably. Remember your life depends on it. The idea sounds good, but six months after the SHTF a little dirt, rust or mildew or whatever on those joints can end with you flying into a world of hurt.

That proves nothing, you have to start with an idea and THEN you do the math. You don't aimlessly do calculations until you come up with a good idea.

Sure, but the math sometimes disproves the idea. Thinking about the landing without knowing if you can take off or if it is even practical is getting ahead of yourself.

Also someone putting a big rock over your exit could ruin your day.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

But, will it open reliably. Remember your life depends on it. The idea sounds good, but six months after the SHTF a little dirt, rust or mildew or whatever on those joints can end with you flying into a world of hurt.

And what if alien zombie werewolves eat it? Now you are just trying to nit pick.

Sure, but the math sometimes disproves the idea. Thinking about the landing without knowing if you can take off or if it is even practical is getting ahead of yourself.

Test runs are your friend.

Also someone putting a big rock over your exit could ruin your day.

Why would i use it if the front was obviously blocked???

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And what if alien zombie werewolves eat it? Now you are just trying to nit pick.

Thinking of possible reasons for failure is not nitpicking. It's part of the engineering process.

Test runs are your friend.

The math is done before the test runs so that you don't end up doing test runs on something that was never going to work.

Why would i use it if the front was obviously blocked???

I take it that you're thinking of having a large tube open to rain, dust and other elements so that when the time comes you can just look up and if you see sky it's launch time.

I see that you have the answer to everything so go for it and let us know how it works out.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Why don't you learn to operate quote tags and then preach to me about planning.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

My previous posts show that I do know how. I am multi-tasking but I fixed it. Happy?

Now, how about you address the points and leave the personal attacks out of it?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The math is done before the test runs so that you don't end up doing test runs on something that was never going to work.

The math is done

I take it that you're thinking of having a large tube open to rain, dust and other elements so that when the time comes you can just look up and if you see sky it's launch time.

Door at the top as discussed earlier in the thread...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The math is done

Care to share the numbers?

Is your idea still electromagnetic?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join