It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electromagnetic Ejection for bunkers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by JoshF

I'm done until you have something real to offer.

thankyou

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How about a rope, some sand bags and a pulley.

Assemble everything, with sandbags near the exit of the hole at the top. In an emergency, grab one end of the rope at the bottom and trigger the sand bags to fall. The weight of the sandbags falling will lift you up to the top.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I still think you are better off going down then going up. Just flip your picture upside down and you will be set. You just need to figure out a soft landing. Maybe a submarine in case it's flooding.
edit on 10-2-2012 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
How about a rope, some sand bags and a pulley.

Assemble everything, with sandbags near the exit of the hole at the top. In an emergency, grab one end of the rope at the bottom and trigger the sand bags to fall. The weight of the sandbags falling will lift you up to the top.

I have tried this and have had horrible luck with sandbags. I was even thinking of doing a catapult type device for a while but it wouldn't work out though. Good suggestion though it is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Just trying to save you some frustration. You seem to be trying to make things more complicated than they need to be. Work smarter, not harder.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

It sounds a lot more complicated than it is. It is would work just like an electric motor but instead of turning it just pushes out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Ok, I will leave you to it. While you are messing around with some complicated mechanical device during SHTF, if you think you will have the time and resources "trying to get something to work", by all means go for it. To each their own. I will stick with rope, sand bags and a pulley and I know mine will work when I want it too.

Peace out.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

While you are messing around with some complicated mechanical device during SHTF, if you think you will have the time and resources "trying to get something to work", by all means go for it.

Now you are being argumentative for no reason. First off this is actually much less mechanically complicated than a sandbag and pulley system, it only has one moving part, me.
This is also going to be done before "SHTF" so I have no idea where you get the idea that im going to be doing all this after "SHTF".

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

I need to ask a very simple question: After building and stocking your elaborate 'Safe Cave' with spiked pitfalls and that ejection system similar to the Ringling Bros. human cannonball show, what, exactly do you honestly expect will happen during the SHTF situation?

Do you envision rampaging mobs killing each other indiscriminally for a leaf of red cabbage or a very stale Krispy Kreme donut? Do you feel that it will be every human being on their own, like you?

Or do you think people will band together for one reason or another?

The reason I ask is that your overall system seems to depend on being completely left alone, away from the rest of humanity entirely and your para-gliding escape route only furthers that end. To me, the best recourse would be in the largest number of fellow survivalists working together, not only to keep safe through protective measures but also to enable the ability to gather/grow the supplies needed and maintain the basic medical means to sustain life in the long-term.

Going it alone just seems reckless and quite foolhardy, imho. Ever have to set and mend a broken arm or leg by yourself? Expect one if you land badly.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

human cannonball show, what, exactly do you honestly expect will happen during the SHTF situation?

From what I have seen,read and heard people will be running around in the wild with "bug out bags" and practicing Kung Fu on eachother. It will really be like crouching tiger hidden mad max.

Do you envision rampaging mobs killing each other indiscriminally for a leaf of red cabbage or a very stale Krispy Kreme donut? Do you feel that it will be every human being on their own, like you?

Or do you think people will band together for one reason or another?

Like me? I can see the confusion, my thread on my survival group was deleted by the ATS KGB secret enforcers so i can see why you thought i was "alone".

The reason I ask is that your overall system seems to depend on being completely left alone, away from the rest of humanity entirely and your para-gliding escape route only furthers that end.

The reason why you ask is pretty obvious, you ask me an off topic question and then you ding me for posting "off topic"

Going it alone just seems reckless and quite foolhardy, imho.

blah blah blah

Ever have to set and mend a broken arm or leg by yourself? Expect one if you land badly.

Yes I have actually more than once. See? There is a huge difference between survivors and boy scouts that watch bear bear grylls.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well I salute the OP for his vision.

But, at the end of the day I'd like to see some results, not castles in the sky.
Perhaps a compromise with an airborne-capable camera system being launched for recon and retrieved somehow (wire-guided?).
That way you can keep a look about every day and look at the footage at your leisure.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

I had to join to reply!!!! I was laughing my portly backsaide off at this thread!

some of the highlights to me.....

when asked about setting a fracture in the field...

Yes I have actually more than once. See? There is a huge difference between survivors and boy scouts that watch bear bear grylls

when talking about an additional idea

Right now I am working on a hang glider that folds out so I can shoot myself out of the danger tube with it strapped to my back. I am very interested in wayne tech's cape that batman uses.

I could go on!!! ohhhh money isnt an object and he's bought land in USA and near leeds... I live "near" leeds so will be keeping my eyes out for the next entry into the Darwin awards lol

ohhh on a more serious note! looking at your replies, I suspect a few mental illnesses....

1) detachment from reality (just really WOW!)
2) possible schizophrenia
3) social anxiety
4) you seem to have sociopathic tendencies, such as the ability to lie and believe yourself
5) lack of self esteem (thinking everybody is "having a go" or nitpicking)

get help. That's the kindest thing I can say to you. I'm genuinely worried about you.

but on the other hand, you're a great comedian!! thanks for this!! truly brilliant... ohhhh you do know wayne tech isn't real yeah?!?!?!

and as for costs etc if you could build a rail gun to fire just you and a glider, (given your obviously ex-special forces been able to live off the land with just your hands lol), to reach a velocity capable of fixed wing flight,(I assume you know all about aerodynamics and the physics and math involved in flight? I guess who needs PHD's if you have plenty of money eh? haha) in unknown wind conditions, using a spring mounted folding wing design... well all I can say is you must be this generations Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci!

Why hasn't NASA snapped you up yet?!? or are you also working on a bug out location on the moon, using washing up liquid bottles filled with vinegar and baking soda as fuel and a fish tank as a helmet??

or of course you've just trolled us all! lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join