It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ORIGINAL Elephant Painting Incredible

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
wow, that elephant draws better than I can

truly amazing that even if she was 'taught' that through originally tracing, how gracefully she recreated it.

amazing animals.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Totally at a loss for words. Crazy. Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inconceivable

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by chrismicha77

Unfortunately, it is the white man that is responsible for the state Africa is in today and no one else.

What? Can you please clarify your post? How is it the White Man's fault? If it weren't for the billions of dollars that White Man sends over, Africa would be worse off than it already is. This thread is about Elephants, and you try to make it racial?

Elephants are incredible creatures, and it is a shame that they are being poached to extinction. I would love to have one of those paintings! I have often thought of collecting art done by animals, and this is just the motivation to do it! Thank you OP for the wonderful thread!!!

Aha! Greetings foe. I wondered in what discussion and what comment it was that motivated you to add me as a foe.

OK. Hang on to your hat.

When whitey arrived in Africa, he encountered a largely untouched beauty and wilderness with a thriving human and animal population. The accounts of just how many animals there were running all over the plains is just mindboggling. Animals as far as the eye could see. Whitey liked what he saw and saw much profit to be made. I would guess slavery was the first part of the African takeover, along with colonialism, imposed rules and generally #ty conditions for the nations subjected to it. The UK had Zimbabwe (formelry Rhodesia), Botswana and I believe South Africa as colonies. Germany had Namibia, France or Belgium had the Congo, etc, etc, etc....

If you go to Africa today....you will see none of what was described in "olden days" before whitey got his grubby little mitts on it. Then attitudes changed, tensions rose and people wanted out. Foreign governments largely gave up their attempts at imposing foreign rule and the mess was given back to the Africans. Is there corruption there today? Why surely? At least as much as in the West, but Whitey did rape Africa whether you believe it or not.

I won't mention India, Australia and various other places the British Crown tried to get boots on the ground and exert an influence.

Hope it helps.

Icing on the cake to this story for me is that after the British "gave Botswana back", they found diamonds there and used that money for their own population. Botswana has one of the better financial situations for its residents to enjoy in the whole of Africa just because of those diamonds.

Disclaimer: I am English.
edit on 1/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wow, just wow!

S&F!

I truly am astonished!

This has made my day.

That Elephant can draw better than me!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
WOW I definetly shed a tear or two over this. Animals are amazing and I believe it is our duty to explore their potentials more.....It hurts me to think of all the things we have done to the Elephant over thousands of years never giving a thought to how it feels or how important it is to make them happy as well. Good Job OP!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I think that if that elephant signed their name on the bottom of that painting then the painting itself would probably fetch a "tonne" (no pun intended) money $$$$$$$$$$ at an auction!

edit on 1-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

That's how I learned to draw. In fact, when I draw I simply use techniques I remember. The only thing this elephant had was patience to make each stroke, that's all art really is, patience.

I have tried to draw and it just never worked out im not even good at stick people now thats sad ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Even if the Elephant is "trained" to paint a certain image it still takes a huge amount of intelligence to remember how to draw, what to draw, etc. Imagine trying to train your dog to paint a picture of a dog, it just couldn't comprehend what to do no matter how many times you tried to teach it to.

A bunch of people are saying that they beat the elephants in order to make them do it. I don't know how true it is, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I know this because I live and work with elephants here in Thailand. No elephant in the world teaches themselves to paint. Every elephant here paints the same pictures. They're all the same because they are forced to do it. I've seen the training myself. A brush is taped to the trunk and they are guided over about 1 month to paint a specific picture. They are hit with a bull hook to the back of the head if they make a mistake. Sorry to spoil your illusions but trust me it's the truth, I seen it.

The elephant with the injured front leg was from a landmine in an illegal logging operation on the Burmese border. Basically every elephant you see painting, in a trekking camp or doing circus tricks has been pajaan trained. They are put in a wooden crate and brutally beaten for up to 1 week in order to break their spirit. Every elephant that paints has been through this. Please be responsible and do not buy products from Thailand that ridicule and cause harm to our national symbol.

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2012 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

I hope these animals are not beat to learn how to paint but i just dont know that video broke my heart..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
Beyond amazing!!
Elephants, incredibly beautiful animals!

I wonder when humans will start to share this planet with our amazing animal friends, instead of killing them.
I think this just shows the top of the iceberg compared to how much more we have to learn about animals awareness.

S+F

Elephants are beautiful animals but im an animal lover and yes we have allot to learn from our animal friends i watch my cattle and even they do amazing things..sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
I had a book Why Elephants Paint. From what it stated, true or not, they have handlers that take care of them 24/7. A single person per elephant. That person stays with the elephant and accommodates their every wish. I also have heard of abuse, but these are people who all but worship and adore these creatures. I hope that is the case and what was in the book was true. The pics in this book are the best part, there are lots of paintings featured and they are beautiful.

I hope these animals are taken care of like that ,,I would think it would take 1 trainer 24/7 for each elephant to train them these animals deserve to be worship and adored ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Unfortunately, it is the white man that is responsible for the state Africa is in today and no one else.

What? Can you please clarify your post? How is it the White Man's fault? If it weren't for the billions of dollars that White Man sends over, Africa would be worse off than it already is. This thread is about Elephants, and you try to make it racial?

Elephants are incredible creatures, and it is a shame that they are being poached to extinction. I would love to have one of those paintings! I have often thought of collecting art done by animals, and this is just the motivation to do it! Thank you OP for the wonderful thread!!!

Inconceivable, you are very welcome i enjoyed the video also

peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
wow, that elephant draws better than I can

truly amazing that even if she was 'taught' that through originally tracing, how gracefully she recreated it.

amazing animals.

I was amazed also at how she painted with grace and being so careful to go over the drawing and make it perfect..thanks for posting,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76

Totally at a loss for words. Crazy. Ridiculous.

Thank you so much for posting to my thread..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Aha! Greetings foe. I wondered in what discussion and what comment it was that motivated you to add me as a foe.

OK. Hang on to your hat.

When whitey arrived in Africa, he encountered a largely untouched beauty and wilderness with a thriving human and animal population. The accounts of just how many animals there were running all over the plains is just mindboggling. Animals as far as the eye could see. Whitey liked what he saw and saw much profit to be made. I would guess slavery was the first part of the African takeover, along with colonialism, imposed rules and generally #ty conditions for the nations subjected to it. The UK had Zimbabwe (formelry Rhodesia), Botswana and I believe South Africa as colonies. Germany had Namibia, France or Belgium had the Congo, etc, etc, etc....

If you go to Africa today....you will see none of what was described in "olden days" before whitey got his grubby little mitts on it. Then attitudes changed, tensions rose and people wanted out. Foreign governments largely gave up their attempts at imposing foreign rule and the mess was given back to the Africans. Is there corruption there today? Why surely? At least as much as in the West, but Whitey did rape Africa whether you believe it or not.

I won't mention India, Australia and various other places the British Crown tried to get boots on the ground and exert an influence.

Hope it helps.

Icing on the cake to this story for me is that after the British "gave Botswana back", they found diamonds there and used that money for their own population. Botswana has one of the better financial situations for its residents to enjoy in the whole of Africa just because of those diamonds.

Disclaimer: I am English.
edit on 1/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

Id really like to keep this thread on the light side its about the elephants drawing and what amazing animals they are i understand what you guys are saying but this thread isn't about all that..peace,sugarcookie1 and thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

Wow, just wow!

S&F!

I truly am astonished!

This has made my day.

That Elephant can draw better than me!

Thanks for posting SilentE
I thought to myself when i saw this video was sheesh the elephants can draw better then i could ever draw..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
WOW I definetly shed a tear or two over this. Animals are amazing and I believe it is our duty to explore their potentials more.....It hurts me to think of all the things we have done to the Elephant over thousands of years never giving a thought to how it feels or how important it is to make them happy as well. Good Job OP!

iLoGiCViZiOnS, Thank you so much for posting im glad you enjoyed the thread
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

I think that if that elephant signed their name on the bottom of that painting then the painting itself would probably fetch a "tonne" (no pun intended) money $$$$$$$$$$ at an auction!

edit on 1-2-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added comment

I think your right but im not sure they could do that i think just being able to draw the picture is an amazing feat for the elephant..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Understood and apologies.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Understood and apologies.

Thank You

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link