It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are masons evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i saw a special on a history channel about a certain killer that was doing something for people that were tied to free masons. i dont remember exactly what killer it was about or what situation.

i just know they were tied together.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I don't think Masons are evil it says on the application for membership that a Mason can't even own a liqour store. Nor can one be in his wifes name. Thats pretty strict if you ask me.

Really? I didn't see that on the form, nor was it ever discussed, either during my interviews or during the open houses.

Interesting . . .

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
i saw a special on a history channel about a certain killer that was doing something for people that were tied to free masons. i dont remember exactly what killer it was about or what situation.

i just know they were tied together.

Jack the Ripper I guess. He is linked to the Royal Family at the time also.

You can't own a liquor shop? can you own a Gun shop and still join?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra

Jack the Ripper I guess. He is linked to the Royal Family at the time also.

Only in the movies and in pop fiction.

You can't own a liquor shop? can you own a Gun shop and still join?

A few years ago, a US Grand Lodge (I think it was Tennessee) expelled a member because he owned a liquor store. Apparently, this Grand Lodge had made an amendment to its Constitution back during Prohibition which labeled the selling of alcoholic beverages unmasonic conduct punishable by expulsion. The amendment had never been repealed, and the Brother was kicked out.
He was also a 32� Scottish Rite Mason and Shriner. The Scottish Rite suspended his membership because he had been expelled from the Blue Lodge, but the Shrine refused to punish him. This led to a schism between the Grand Lodge and the Shrine; eventually, the Grand Lodge withdrew recognition from the Shrine, and forbade all Masons in the state from wearing Shrine insignia publicly.
I don't recall exactly how it all turned out, but I think the Brother was eventually reinstated in both the Blue Lodge and Scottish Rite.

Needless to say, the whole thing was stupid. It is no longer illegal to sell alcohol, so the Prohibition laws of this Grand Lodge, I presume, have been changed. To the best of knowledge, there aren't any more rules in the US against Masons selling alcohol, providing that the civil laws are conformed to.

However, most US Grand Lodges do not allow alcohol to be sold, served, or possessed in Masonic Lodges (this also came about during Prohibition). This is much different from the Masonic Lodges on the Continent, almost all of which have cocktail lounges.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
no im positive it wasnt jack the ripper. it had to do with a killer who was in some kind of a cult or something like that. but i would have realized it was about the ripper but it wasnt. was on the history channel. i know for a fact theres more to masons than what they tell you.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

no im positive it wasnt jack the ripper. it had to do with a killer who was in some kind of a cult or something like that. but i would have realized it was about the ripper but it wasnt. was on the history channel. i know for a fact theres more to masons than what they tell you.

Well, could you find out what it was and THEN post about it? Innuendo is the nastiest sort of defamation...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I also have something to say about the TITLE of this thread: Are Masons Evil?

Evil ??? Why is such an archaic, nebulous, subtly defaming word used? WHO is evil??

People are not "evil." They might be cunning, ruthless, violent, vicious, bad, corrupt,etc. But "evil" ? Bad word to use. It belongs in cliched political speeches and well, cliched fantasy novels. It has a ridiculous, overgeneralized finality to it. An overused umbrella-term.

I object to it. It'll still be there, but I'm on record objecting to it.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
if it were that easily id honestly have it right smack here. when i do ill put it here.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   

if it were that easily id honestly have it right smack here. when i do ill put it here.

I understand what you mean, BUT, and here of course is the but, if you do not have the facts, wouldn't it make more sense to look for the facts BEFORE posting something so defamatory?

I mean, doing this is akin to my asking someone if its true they had sex with their sister, because I remember something published somewhere about that... and then just left the accusation hanging there...

How can anyone even seriously answer that when there is no there... there, if you follow me?

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
As a Freemason I object to being called Evil. If I was to say are all Catholics/Moslems etc are Evil then I would be called a bigot and probaably be banned from this site. I think that individuals in some cases can be evil but not entire groups of people.

Gerard

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Depends on your interpretation of evil. To me, yes, Masons can be evil. The men themselves may not be, but freemasonry is rooted in devil worship. Ever heard of Baphomet? Probably not. He is also know as Pan, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, and various other names including the Great Arcitect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.) GAOTU is the name the masons use when praying. Once you become a 33 degree mason you pledge yourself to Satan whether you realize it or not. Think about some of the symbols the masons use. The pentagram or 5-sided star inside a circle is a symbol for Pan, once again, the Devil.

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone. This is just what I know to be true.
-Lodie

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblondie
Depends on your interpretation of evil. To me, yes, Masons can be evil. The men themselves may not be, but freemasonry is rooted in devil worship. Ever heard of Baphomet? Probably not. He is also know as Pan, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, and various other names including the Great Arcitect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.) GAOTU is the name the masons use when praying. Once you become a 33 degree mason you pledge yourself to Satan whether you realize it or not. Think about some of the symbols the masons use. The pentagram or 5-sided star inside a circle is a symbol for Pan, once again, the Devil.

-Lodie

Please, please, please, view the 2000 other posts on this issue. It has been covered, and played out to death. In short, your allegations are baseless.

Plug your terms into the ATS "search" function, and go from there.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ever heard of Baphomet? Probably not. He is also know as Pan, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, and various other names including the Great Arcitect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.) GAOTU is the name the masons use when praying.

even I who am not a Mason am getting " sick unto death" of this mindless,
uninformed, and to me uneducated drivel. as all those mentioned are seperate
and unique entities for lack of a better term, and all have been discussed here
at great lenght in just the short time I have been here i can only conclude that
you have a serious problem with reading retention.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblondie
Ever heard of Baphomet? Probably not. He is also know as Pan, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, and various other names including the Great Arcitect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.)

Actually, Baphomet is a French corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, which in French is spelled "Mahomet". One of the trumped up charges against the Knights Templar were that they worshiped an idol of "Baphomet", which meant that they had supposedly converted to Islam. Also, in case you weren't aware, Pan was the Greek deity of forestry, and had nothing to do with the Hebrew Satan. I'm also curious concerning your claim that satan is the Great Architect of the Universe...by this, do you mean that you believe the devil created the Universe?

GAOTU is the name the masons use when praying. Once you become a 33 degree mason you pledge yourself to Satan whether you realize it or not.

So how exactly can you pledge yourself to anything by accident?

So, how exactly do you "know" this? Your knowledge of Pan and Baphomet appears very unscholarly, do you think perhaps you may not be a legitimate source on the subject?

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
anything that comes out in the history channel is credible if you ask me. enough said.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, excellent. Thank you for sharing.

Anything in particular you believe or want to share with the class, or were you just chipping?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Quote: "Actually, Baphomet is a French corruption of the name of the Prophet Muhammed, which in French is spelled ***"Mahomet"***."

I agree - very good Masonic Light!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Quote: "Ever heard of Baphomet? Probably not. He is also know as Pan, Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, and various other names including the
Great Arcitect of the Universe (G.A.O.T.U.) GAOTU is the name the Masons use when praying. Once you become a 33 Degree Mason you pledge yourself to Satan whether you realize it or not."

Stalking Wolf - you are right - I am SOOOOO Sick of this Mindless Drivel!!!

Hey I have an Idea!!! Since we are on the Net - lets harness the Power of the Net!!!

Everyone go here -> www.sacred-texts.com...

and here -> www.sacred-texts.com...

and here -> www.sacred-texts.com...

Please Read the whole thing & do some exploring while you are at it!!!
Please Educate Yourself & Think (yes using that thing called a BRAIN) before Posting Idiotic, Retarded & Useless Statements such as the one
Quoted Above!

Thank You!

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Among the charges against the Templars were that they worshiped some sort of 'bearded head'. What was it? There are various theories including the religious relic head of John the Baptist, the Shroud of Turin, an image of Mohammed (the father of the Islamic religion) and other even more bizarre things. But how would such a respected religious order come to worship a head idol or engage in such evil? Likely, they didn't! King Philip lusted after the Templar wealth and could only take it from them if they were judged heretics. The charges against the Templars were nothing new. In fact, such charges were common when 'proving' heresy. Similar charges continued even through the 1600s and were seen even in the United States during the Salem Witchcraft Trials.

some more things about the masonic practices. having to do with kot.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join