It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate this pro-US, anti-islamic policy on ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I hate this pro-US, anti-islamic policy on ATS. Now I follow ATS for some time and I see this patterns over and over again. It is clearly that some themes and posts, even if they are by the rules gets closed very soon, or moved to Rant or other weird categories. You know US, Israel, EU plans to attack Iran. Last and strongest fortress in Middle East. And we know why they want to attack, not because oil or nuclear bombs. Main reason is that Iran could now produce bigger nuclear energy potential than US, and US as being strongest up until now, they want to continue to dominate world nuclear energy potential. Yes, it is about money, but not about oil money, it is about nuclear energy money. The truth is still here for all to see.
reply to post by ferumbra

The world is full of people with differing opinions on just about every topic you can think of. If you are having trouble understanding that, then I fear you are having a very hard time coping with the reality of the real world. If you expect everyone to share the opinions you have, then let me give you some advice. You will be very sad, and probably on the verge of full fledged depression. I suggest you adjust your attitude to accept the fact that not everyone will believe what you believe, and also accept the fact that on any given issue, there may be many FACTS that you do not have, and thus, it may be YOUR opinion that is out of wack with the rest of the world. In fact, your OP is very short of facts, and long on your opinions. that is fine, but understand that your opinion is just that. If it isn't backed up by facts that are provable, you will encounter ridicule.

The suggestion I would give you is one from Luke 4:23 -Physician, heal thyself. The moral of that proverb- tend to your own shortcomings, rather than criticizing others.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain Beyond
Let me see.......you don't see people flocking to China, or Russia, or Iran? Why are they flocking to the United States Of America? Oh, might it be we are the greatest nation on earth? No imperialism here. I love my country, and am proud of it. I am not anti anything unless it wreaks of evil. Don't like the climate here? Don't logon to this site! Nobody is forcing you to logon here!

Actually, as of 2005 stats, there are alot of countries with immigrants with a higher percentage of their national population than US. Including Canada, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, etc. Nothing against the US, in sheer numbers the US if first but not in percentage of population.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

How can you support any political view that asks for war? Isn't Ron Paul clearly ONLY politician that want to help poor US, and people are still thinking about giving votes to warmongers, liars, thieves and psychopaths.

It's because a lot of people in the U.S. still believe in the fear propaganda our government constantly spreads in the media. It's easy to see how people from other countries outside the U.S. can clearly see the war mongering, forced occupations and stationing of troops around the world, but our own citizens turn a blind eye to all of it. Americans even stood idle while the U.S. used 9/11 to launch a war against Iraq. Remember the smoking gun fear campaign "it may take the shape of a mushroom cloud."

What's even worse, these same people will brag about how strong and high tech our military is, but at the same time believe smaller countries that only spend a quarter or less than the US on their military are a threat to the U.S.. Even when you compare their nuclear arsenals and missile defense systems, there's no comparison!

I don't have an answer for you because I'm as confused as you my friend, and I live in the U.S..

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thank you OP for bringing this over to ATS because I think it is true in some ways what you are saying.

I think in ATS there is a lot od people that are extremist in being against Islam and anything related to it, said Arabs, when many of them are Christians or Jews. You may look at pictures from the Middle East and many Westerners will really associate Arabs with bad people or dangerous. I see it all the time, I work with Saudi Arabians and people really dont tolerate them and I think the last straw was 9/11.

I have to point out that people do live in other countries, different to ours in culture, goverment, etc. For them, it may be normal what is custom there. Same goes teh other way around, Arabs get horrified when they see ladies wearing short dresses, specially during the Winter season. It is not because in reality is wrong or right but for THEM as it is not normal in their culture, its shocking and horrid.

We need to understand that we are all different. I remember going to Canada and going to high school and seeing all the girls with purses, very short skirts and make-up in school and for me that was very crazy because where I was from, it was not allowed. It is not because we supress women but because we are from a Catholic country (I dont practice the religion, FYI) and in my opinion, it was ncie to go to school to study and not to flirt and look "cool". Anyways, this is MY opinion.

I have said many times to the people here that they should really talk to Muslims. There are MANY kinds of Muslims as ther are many types of Christians, Jews, Buddhist, Hindus, etc. You should be exposed to all kinds and see the bigger picture. I have talk to Muslims and they say: You should convert and see the light and I practically laugh and say "Inshallah" (In Gods will), I dont want to convert, I am happy how I am but in THEIR REALITY, they are happy HOW THEY ARE and pratically want to share it. This really depends on the upbringing of the person and their way of thinking.
I have other Muslims friends who dont wear a Hijab, dont pray, dont go to mosques, are very western looking and white, wear skirts, drink alcohol... I have meant other that do pray, do go to mosques but dont wear the Hijab... and the many variations.

I am married to one. Muslim family, western family. He doesnt go to mosque but believes firmly in Islam and he is very happy with the religion he believes. I am from a Catholic family and well.... pretty obvious, it was not a problem.
I always invite people to ask me questions because I think there are misconceptions.

It is very annoying how mcuh media is against Islam. It is such a complicated issue that I cannot dont even know how to start.
the diffenrent countries and cultures under Islam. the different schools of Islam and its hundreds of variatios from Wahabism to Sufism. The people who created the extremist ME countries of now, the peole who control the nation and their policies and their backgrounds.
9/11 is another crazy story
The people who control the media in the US specially and what they want US to believe.

Why Islam is targetted so much? That was my question a long time ago before I met my husband and I found a lot of truth.

Of course this people arent saints either. Ahmenejad is someone that is hated in his country, I have talked to many Iranians and I havent met the first one who likes this guy. They like the fact that he is against USA (for many reason guys Im sorry Americans but your goverments are crazy and it is not your fault) but they dont like teh regulatiosn and the lack of freedom they have in their country.

Same happens with Chavez, the president of my country, many of us like that he wants to be against the big corporations, he is pretty much against American control over foreign policies but at the same time, THAT MAN IS CRAZY! The country is falling apart, they are stealing so much money and rumour has it, he is the one controlling the coc aine and paying off FARC in Colombia-Venezuela country because there is A LOT OF MONEY IN DRUGS and he has oil already.

I think we need to clarify THINGS ARE NOT BLACK OR WHITE and once we start thinking too rigid and biased, we should check what we are believing makes sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I should also say that people should read RUMI and see what he preaches about. He is a Sufi Muslim.
edit on 29-1-2012 by azulejo because: grammar

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

So what? I'm sorry to break it to the world and to Obama, but the United States is a sovereign nation. We don't abide by global law. That is why we have the second amendment and I'm pretty sure that the first UN soldier that comes trying to tell an American on American soil, what to do, is going to find himself on the wrong end of the 2nd amendment.

If the OP doesn't like the general feelings against Islam, then he is free to move on or even move out. That is the beauty of America. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, you are free to leave.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

This has been posted in one form or another several times and it's rather boring.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankieNinja

So what? I'm sorry to break it to the world and to Obama, but the United States is a sovereign nation. We don't abide by global law. That is why we have the second amendment and I'm pretty sure that the first UN soldier that comes trying to tell an American on American soil, what to do, is going to find himself on the wrong end of the 2nd amendment.

If the OP doesn't like the general feelings against Islam, then he is free to move on or even move out. That is the beauty of America. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, you are free to leave.

Sorry you must be mixed up. Are you sure you are on the right thread?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
I wish to add.. Search all of ATS, you'll find MANY posts that was not taken down that had the same ideals as you. Many of us dont like it, but we DO believe in freedom here and those posts are STILL wide open.

You are not singled out. Your post was just that horrible! ..and filled with nothing but lies. You didnt have a leg to stand on.

What i notice lately, are a few of you guys banding together to step all over certain nationalities in this forum. For that you should be banned.

I totally agree with this person. The hatred you post and the anti Jewish/US propaganda some people rush to post is offensive. There are quite a few people who seem to get together here and have a hate fest on certain groups. I don't choose to read all the posts, which is a shame because I would like to learn something of different cultures when I can and ATS is usually good for that. It's hard to try to sift through the attitude on here sometimes though and I just give up.

Lets deny ignorance here. If I'm wrong, let me know. That's just the way I feel.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

This has been posted in one form or another several times and it's rather boring.

It's only boring when people come on here with nothing to add besides, "it's boring.".

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

The U.S., forced the Japanese into a corner? Oh I see, you mean in the same manner, Hitler wasn't an out of control lunatic right? There was no choice in us entering either war, period. The maddness had to end, it was beyond reproach, scale or precedent in all the violent history of man.

The japenese , before we put a single sanction against them, attacked the Chinese, the Samoan Islands, the Phillippines, and every other little island nation in their sphere of influence. What should we have done, let them continue?

All of your arguements are circular, try linear thinking for a change. The U.S. has done more good than any 150 nations you can name in history combined. I am done trying to reason with someone who has obviously made up their mind to blame the U.S.

Fine we will pull all of our forces back, and watch the world degrade into a living hell for most of its peoples again. Would that make you all happy? Apparently none of you realize that under U.S. stewardship the world is more free, more healthy, more stable, with the highest standard of living per capita in the history of man. Not one of you can deny these facts. Some nation will lead the world towards the future, if it isnt America then name which one it should be, so we know who has or can do a better job, because make no mistake, someone will do it if we dont, look to history for your answers, this isnt now or ever will be a perfect world, but it is alot better now because of everything the U.S. has done. Maybe not in a case by case basis, but in the big picture, across the whole of the earth.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

The U.S., forced the Japanese into a corner?

Yes they did, quit making me repeat it for you.

All of your arguements are circular, try linear thinking for a change.

Circular? Example please.

The U.S. has done more good than any 150 nations you can name in history combined.

...and also more harm.

Apparently none of you realize that under U.S. stewardship the world is more free, more healthy, more stable, with the highest standard of living per capita in the history of man.

You win the "Most Ridiculous" award. Please source how you came to this "conclusion" otherwise state that it is conjecture on your part or your own opinion.

Not one of you can deny these facts.

I do, mainly because you haven't presented any facts.

Some nation will lead the world towards the future, if it isnt America then name which one it should be

Simple answer: Every nation leads itself and worries about itself. Not everyone wants a master.

Time to wake up sport.
edit on 29-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Beyond

Something like 75% of the population of UAE is expatriate from United States and England in the majority.

and they are really happy there. I met some, you get everything you get oin the US, cinemas, nice beach and weather (during the Winter XD). No tax (against Islam), they pay for your house, car, no bills, and cheap oil. Your salary DOUBLES per year in many companies.

The people in UAE get loans from goverment tax free. The king per year cuts the people from the debs with the goverment. Nowadays, if you want a loan, they instead give you a piece of land for you for agriculture (if you want), so you instead give to the economy and have economical security. The goverment even provides teh water for the farms.
You get like £40,000 if you get married (between Emiratis) and help you massively when having kids.
You will NEVER meet a poor Emirati, they are the richest in the country and teh government spreads the money from oil pretty evenly. That would be nice in England, to at least spread the fortune between the nationals.

I met an Emirati whos family were fishermen 41 years ago before the oil. They were pretty poor and lived in the desert. That palce was FLAT before oil, I went to a museum and teh change in 41 years have been incredible. he was pretty humble while talking and he was the one with the idea of going to a museum. He also showed us his farm (massive) and invited s for a good Middle Eastern meal. Then he invited us to his house and oMG! it was maaaaaaaaassive, I have never seen so many hand painted beautiful walls, marble and lush like that.. for my taste it was over the top. Then he said that that was his vacation home! hahahaha!! I wouldnt believe that was his house after being so nice and humble.

I for one would liek to live there for 5 years get stable and come back! I thought it was pretty boring because it was only malls, shops shops and shops... McDonalds, Wendys, Subway, H&M, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, arcades, bowling, malls, beach, cinema, eat, eat, eat, every street spotless... etc etc etc... boring.

Then I took a flight and went to India and embrace reality! XD

sorry for going in a tangent but it was Q.I
edit on 29-1-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Actually, Einstein. The League of Nations slapped oil embargos on Japan because of its aggressive invasions of Pacific countries. Nobody forced Japan into a corner - they asked for it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjbaggins
I totally agree with this person. The hatred you post and the anti Jewish/US propaganda some people rush to post is offensive.

Contrary to popular opinion, being opposed to the idea of the Zionist/Ashkenazim demographic ruling the planet, does not make a person an anti-Semite by default. Some of the more sane Jews are actually fairly strongly opposed to that idea themselves, because they can rightly see where it would lead.

I really don't understand why so many Americans seem to think that a minority of Jewish psychopaths ruling the world, would somehow be a beneficial or positive thing. Again, this isn't an attack on all Jews in the slightest; the distribution of psychopathy among different ethnic groups is uniform, at around 4-7%. So the Jews don't have any more psychopaths than the rest of us; it's just that for some reason, their psychopaths enjoy a greater level of advocacy than most.

I do, however, agree with you that a number of people online (I really can't stand virtually anything I hear Jeff Rense say in particular, for precisely this reason) do cross the line into outright anti-Semitism. I define the barrier between the two, as the question of whether or not you're acknowledging that the problematic element of the Jewish population are a minority, the same as the problematic minority within any other ethnic group on the planet; or whether you're making rabid, entirely unfounded generalisations about the idea that anyone who has remotely Israeli genetics, supposedly also has horns and a tail.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Actually, Einstein. The League of Nations slapped oil embargos on Japan because of its aggressive invasions of Pacific countries. Nobody forced Japan into a corner - they asked for it.

You're back! How cute.

They slapped embargos on Japan thereby giving Japan the only option they believed they had at that time. President Roosevelt had banned all exports of scrap iron, steel and oil to Japan. The reason for the embargo was the Japanese invasion of China. Japan had lost more than 90% of its oil supply. The economic isolation crippled their economy and military.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This is very true, I have met Israelis who dont like Zionism and other Jews from other countries who dont like it either.

Plus, Muslim Palestinians are Semites so... Anti-semitism and anti-judaism is not absolute connected.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You're back! How cute.

They slapped embargos on Japan thereby giving Japan the only option they believed they had at that time. President Roosevelt had banned all exports of scrap iron, steel and oil to Japan. The reason for the embargo was the Japanese invasion of China. Japan had lost more than 90% of its oil supply. The economic isolation crippled their economy and military.

First Iran, now youre defending the Imperial Japanese. Man, you are an evil person...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You're back! How cute.

First Iran, now youre defending the Imperial Japanese. Man, you are an evil person...

Not defending junior. Educating. I was merely drawing an analogy between what happened in Japan and their subsequent attack on Pearl Harbor, and what is happening in Iran now. If you can't keep up let me know and I will send you a transcript.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join