It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPD/DID and Quantum Psychiatry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Please dont laugh....but have you ever thought of leaving a note for your alter egoes???
I mean maybe they are all in the same place, but have no memory of each other?
Rather than going anywhere to a separate reality?(quantum or otherwise)
Maybe you can establish written communication with yourself this way...ask yourself what they think about it??
Please do not think i am being facetious....
I assume that they are separate entities who do not nessessarily know that they are part of you....so maybe this could be some kind of aproach.
Perhaps have some other agency hold the communication till you are definately not yourself?
No matter now i try to write this it sounds off to me, but i hope you can do something like this and get the answers you seek.
The only other aproach is to remain conscious in your own personality while you are somebody else.....
Hypnotism perhaps?

No offense taken = ) When I was first diagnosed when I was 12 and in the hospital that was the FIRST thing they told me to do...journal journal journal. And leave a note to the other parts encouraging them to journal. This led to increased communication between the different parts and through years of healing helped natural integration AND what is called "co-consciousness". Usually when one alter is "out" the others are in their own world and have no memory of what happened in this world. When you develop co-consciousness, you are able to have more than one personality "out" at the same time and they can remember each other's experiences.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
The mind is like a hologram, and when you have MPD, it is because somehow your mind fragmented during the trauma usually. Each fragmented piece is a hologram within itself, so although he/she stays in your head, he/she is within his/her own world. So the question kind of is, where does the holographic mind reside?

Maybe I am just nuts though....

Yet ANOTHER amazing theory I have about it all!!! I want to go down that one if my OP doesn't pan out with the research I do. I believe the holographic mind resides in "the observer of the consciousness" which I personally (with no religion involved) to be the soul.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

I have seen in popular fiction the notion of consciousness itself being caused by and still connected to it's own singularity that exists 'outside' the universe said consciousness exists in. Oft times, this singularity would produce several at once, each in a differing universe or sometimes several in same universe. At least one story I read used singularities external to universes as a quantum computational source as there wasn't enough computational power within a universe to produce consciousness on an individual level, let alone for the numerous individuals in the universe.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overstuffed

I have seen in popular fiction the notion of consciousness itself being caused by and still connected to it's own singularity that exists 'outside' the universe said consciousness exists in. Oft times, this singularity would produce several at once, each in a differing universe or sometimes several in same universe. At least one story I read used singularities external to universes as a quantum computational source as there wasn't enough computational power within a universe to produce consciousness on an individual level, let alone for the numerous individuals in the universe.

"the soul is not within the body, the body is within the soul" -occult teaching-

indeed the use of a journal is a proven tool for self transformation [see book i linked too] it's known as the book of shadows

before i go:
it is ultimately futile to attempt to be objective about the subjective
and you will have to kill the Buddha on the road someday [become fully independent]

you might want to look at subjects like alchemy and dream-work as the materialistic paradigm is very limited when it comes to these subjects.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

be carefull when you find things that comfort you because they may only be temporary understandings on the road to a greater one.

I would hate to think you would find a belief you would rather die with than live without. All that pain made you strong and it deserves to be a part of reality.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I think there is something to that and it is worthy of pursuit.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Not sure if anybody else brought this up, but I'm curious of when another personality takes over, do you have any recollection of where your primary personality goes? What you might consider is seeing if there is hypnotherapy to pull up whatever memories you're missing from when you blink out of your primary personality. You very well might be able to get your answer that way, then you'll have an early foundation to establish your theory.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I really think it's important to take a look at metaphysics when looking at anything - and I do mean ANYTHING. Right now we're just beginning to understand the basic concepts of quantum mechanics, energy fields, and the magnetic fields of the body. But also in that, the spirit piece has to be considered. We are not a human having a spiritual experience, we are spirits having a human experience. (And no, I'm not talking about religion in any way). Someday I think that science will find science and spirituality very tightly wound together. I believe spirit can be found in quantum mechanics.

By the way, I read recently that alternate personalities might actually be that the trauma has shattered our spirit in a way to where our past-life existences come into play with our current existence. What do you think about that?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I think there is something to that and it is worthy of pursuit.

thank u so much! i really appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
I really think it's important to ... ind science and spirituality very tightly wound together. I believe spirit can be found in quantum mechanics.

By the way, I read recently that alternate personalities might actually be that the trauma has shattered our spirit in a way to where our past-life existences come into play with our current existence. What do you think about that?

That's something I have thought myself that might be a distinct possibility. At least for some.

I've also wondered sometimes if it were possible for a future version of oneself to be able to go back into it's body's past and go left instead of right while remembering the intervening time to a good extent.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think it is all possible personally.

The human mind seems to almost change as the perception of reality changes.
In a way, what you believe is what you get.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun
As it happens, I personally have had countless EEG's as well as Procaine activated EEG's done to measure brainwaves when switching. It's practically impossible for someone to change all their measured brainwaves so this is the secret test that good psychiatrists give to help diagnose it. And yes, my brainwaves do change with different personalities. When i was younger, there was a neurologist named Dr. Rybeck in Bethesda, maryland that did this study and published it (it's available online). So yes, the field does change giving more support to my theory = )

You know, you can find out a lot about what you're interested in right now.

A) Do you have the EEG data? Print-outs? Files? Can you get it?

B) Your Dr. Rybeck is Ralph Rybeck. Here is a list of everything he has ever published or presented. Which one are you interested in? Is it that you're interested, or that data from you is part of the data used for the study?

I think yours is this study.

C) Data from "countless" EEGs is an acceptable starting point. Describe in detail a biological prediction of your theory which could be confirmed or rejected by the EEG data and which could not easily be accounted for by conventionally accepted neurobiological phenomena.

D) You're at a fork in the road. You can decide right now to start to make this a real thing and start doing real science, or you can decide to keep it a crazy idea that's fun to think about talk about but nothing more than that. If you make a decision and say what it is, I can be helpful to you.

edit on 1/29/12 by OnceReturned because: found the specific study

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

Originally posted by PurpleSun
As it happens, I personally have had countless EEG's as well as Procaine activated EEG's done to measure brainwaves when switching. It's practically impossible for someone to change all their measured brainwaves so this is the secret test that good psychiatrists give to help diagnose it. And yes, my brainwaves do change with different personalities. When i was younger, there was a neurologist named Dr. Rybeck in Bethesda, maryland that did this study and published it (it's available online). So yes, the field does change giving more support to my theory = )

You know, you can find out a lot about what you're interested in right now.

A) Do you have the EEG data? Print-outs? Files? Can you get it?

B) Your Dr. Rybeck is Ralph Rybeck. Here is a list of everything he has ever published or presented. Which one are you interested in? Is it that you're interested, or that data from you is part of the data used for the study?

C) Data from "countless" EEGs is an acceptable starting point. Describe in detail a biological prediction of your theory which could be confirmed or rejected by the EEG data and which could not easily be accounted for by conventionally accepted neurobiological phenomena.

D) You're at a fork in the road. You can decide right now to start to make this a real thing and start doing real science, or you can decide to keep it a crazy idea that's fun to think about talk about but nothing more than that. If you make a decision and say what it is, I can be helpful to you.

That's Dr. Rybeck!!! Here is the study I was a part of: www.patentstorm.us...
It didn't start off as an MPD/DID study but it branched off from it when I was first diagnosed in the hospita.

Thank you for your encouragement. It REALLY means a lot to me. You're right, I am at a fork in the road. I've been letting my ideas stew for a long time and haven't gotten to properly presenting them. I did write out my ideas one night a couple years ago but nothing more than that. i was inspired after watching "what the bleep do we know". i don't know if u can see it or not since it's an OLD post in my online journal, but this is the core of all of my theory: burritohead.livejournal.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

My brother and I have often discussed the theory that each is on its own virtual quest.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

My question....what do you think of my hypothesis that each "personality" could be living in their own universe/reality/dimension and can come back and forth into this reality as if through a wormhole? ....that with people like me, our brains are using parts not used by 99.5% of the public that open our awareness to things unseen all around us like other realities and actually lets us experience them all at once?

Sounds like it could get messy, and it sounds like a crowded place or a hallway. And in crowded places there is usually lots of noise, to many voices and personality's and eventually you will be annoyed and stressed beyond your limit. Opening them up to other dimensions or completely bringing there world into focus is just asking for trouble eventually, you know wolds colliding even if they be mental worlds.

I don't get the purpose of doing something like this even if feasible what would be the point and purpose of it all. Are you trying to send them home or something of that nature. What if they are home already, or is this just another way for you to get to know there world a little better thereby completing it more so overall.

I don't think you want to eliminate them because that can be done, and even literally by eliminating them. So the question does need to be answered. Anything can pretty much be done because everything exists at the same time in the same place.

You have already experience things all at once remember, you said so. And you also said that you did want to be in a corner somewhere talking to yourself, and that's why you focused on this place.

Basically I think your hypothesis is correct and that they are living in there own universe/reality/dimension, or whatever and however you want to look at it, and so what if you are right?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Hope I'm not butting in on your thread, but I'm very interested in this also. I'm a multiple too, I have a thread I made on DID/MPD a while back. I've often wondered about this theory that you've presented! It's definitely interesting to me but I also try to make sure I stay reality focused because I dont want to slip into denial and use a quantum theory to discredit my alters and what they've been through and have to say. So, not really sure how I feel about this one although one side of me says yes this is true and awesome while another side says no, lets look at facts...but then again do we really know all of the facts? Of course not, no one can all the time.

Anyways hope I'm not going off a tangent here but I just wanted to pop in and say I enjoy this thread and am interested in reading more of your theory if you don't mind sharing! You're very lucky to have been diagnosed at such a young age and to be fully integrated now...wow! Congratulations!! That's really amazing...what did integration feel like to you? I'm only 22 so I'm fairly young too (i think most multiples are actually fairly older but im just basing that on the other multiples in my support groups). Thanks for this interesting thread

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal

Hope I'm not butting in on your thread, but I'm very interested in this also. I'm a multiple too, I have a thread I made on DID/MPD a while back. I've often wondered about this theory that you've presented! It's definitely interesting to me but I also try to make sure I stay reality focused because I dont want to slip into denial and use a quantum theory to discredit my alters and what they've been through and have to say. So, not really sure how I feel about this one although one side of me says yes this is true and awesome while another side says no, lets look at facts...but then again do we really know all of the facts? Of course not, no one can all the time.

Anyways hope I'm not going off a tangent here but I just wanted to pop in and say I enjoy this thread and am interested in reading more of your theory if you don't mind sharing! You're very lucky to have been diagnosed at such a young age and to be fully integrated now...wow! Congratulations!! That's really amazing...what did integration feel like to you? I'm only 22 so I'm fairly young too (i think most multiples are actually fairly older but im just basing that on the other multiples in my support groups). Thanks for this interesting thread

thanks somuch for you're thoughts!! Integration seems weird. I relate it to the scene in the matrix when info gets downloaded into Neo's brain and he goes "I know Kung-Fu". that's what it's like....all of a sudden things are different and you know things you didn't know before. thanks for sharing with me. I am young too (24). I was diagnosed when i was 12 in the hospital. How old were you when you were diagnosed? Honestly, the reason I was sooooooooooo motivated to get well and be as functional as I can be is because, like you, I saw how most people diagnosed were older and i didn't want to be that old and not be functional. i didn't want to be like them so i worked my butt off for years in therapy and journaling and stuffl.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I was only diagnosed about a year and a half ago. I'd been in and out of the mental health system including hospitalizations and things were just spiraling and spiraling...I'm just so glad to finally KNOW instead of constantly feeling like i'm losing my mind. I hope to be integrated someday, I just know I can't push myself too hard cause I've tried that in the past and just ended up overwhelmed and worse. Baby steps!
Thanks for this thread!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
PurpleSun!

I love your theory and I think you may be onto something! Please use scribd and read "Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot. He has a section about MPD/DID and schizophrenia.

Holographic Universe

edit on 29-1-2012 by favouriteslave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
OP, I like your theory as it would make sense in the quantum world.

My belief is that before you enter the body you have made a spiritual contract with your parents and have sole rights to that body.

Under stress you may haven given your rights up to other spirits looking for bodies without the contract.

When people go into comas they often talk about spirits that want their body.

A man by the name T. Lobsang Rampa was a Lama in Tibet who upon his death consciously entered a man from Canada that was contemplating suicide. This Canadian man now immediately spoke the Tibet language and had full knowledge of Tibet, it's culture, including details of things not known by western cultures at the time. This transfer happened some time in the 1940's. His wife was completely shocked to find that this man was no longer her husband. T. Lobsang Rampa went on to write many books describing his past lives and is now recognized as the Lama that had passed away. Look him up.

Mediums also have the ability to allow spirits to enter their body for short periods as to give them the ability to communicate with the present world.

You don't have to believe any of this but I'm interested in what you think.

Science presently does not give spirituality any fact. Consciousness resides outside the body and your brain is merely the conduit for your communication.

edit on 29-1-2012 by kbriggss because: added a tid bit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join