It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coca Cola Conspiracy: The secret cause for the U.S. obesity epidemic

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fulllotusqigong

Thes vids don't mean anything. If you had your own experience you would write them off just as quick as sindeestarr and I.

You don't even know if these people got paid for appearing in them or if they are just as caught up in the movement as you.
edit on 30-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Thes vids don't mean anything. If you had your own experience you would write them off just as quick as sindeestarr and I.

You don't even know if these people got paid for appearing in them or if they are just as caught up in the movement as you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So you post another vid. Is that you? Does the guy in the video compare sugar to his own personal experience with addictive substances?

I had a classmate run the same sugar is a drug line about 20 years ago. At least he did have personal experience. Back then it wasn't hfcs but regular sugar which you seem to not have a problem with. Same BS different substance. Didn't buy it back then and still not buying it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

So you post another vid. Is that you? Does the guy in the video compare sugar to his own personal experience with addictive substances?

I had a classmate run the same sugar is a drug line about 20 years ago. At least he did have personal experience. Back then it wasn't hfcs but regular sugar which you seem to not have a problem with. Same BS different substance. Didn't buy it back then and still not buying it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bronxbull
another Khazar/ illuminati agenda being fulfilled. the only physically fit Americans are those serving in the armed forces. makes population control easier if we are all depressed fat people who have heart attacks leaving our wealth to the state since our fat kids will suffer the same fate as us, or join the NWO army and eventually cause WW3.

Wow dramatic much? You can determine what your kids eat and how healthy your lifestyle is, no one else. Its so typical of people today, we always have a scapegoat for our laziness we almost predetermine it before we even try, and blaming the "NWO" for being fat is about as lame as it gets.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I've seen kids that act this way and their parents never let them have sugar or sugary foods. I have also seen kids that eat all the sugar they want and are the sweetest kids (pun intended) that you could ever meet. Still not buying it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Coke is global, obesity isn't. Something doesn't add up.

Stop watching youtube and think for yourself.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Coke is global, obesity isn't. Something doesn't add up.

Stop watching youtube and think for yourself.

Dr. Lustig -- obesity is a global pandemic.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I believe it. A former co-worker told me she use to be very overweight. I didn't believe her until she showed me a picture. Anywho, one of the biggest factors in her weight loss? She stopped drinking soda.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

He is free to say whatever he wants but the truth is that it doesn't come close to the obesity in the US so no it isn't global. There are close to 200 countries and Japan comes in at 28 with a 3.2% obesity rating which is almost ten times less than the US and the rest of the countries, about 172 of them, have even less obesity. Sorry but the guy is wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

He is free to say whatever he wants but the truth is that it doesn't come close to the obesity in the US so no it isn't global. There are close to 200 countries and Japan comes in at 28 with a 3.2% obesity rating which is almost ten times less than the US and the rest of the countries, about 172 of them, have even less obesity. Sorry but the guy is wrong.

Again the key is rate of increase:

Supermorbidly obese patients in Japan

Obesity is steadily increasing in Asia due to factors such as a lack of exercise, adoption of a more Western diet, changing lifestyles, environments, or stresses. Even in Japan, this tendency is notable, and metabolic syndrome has become widely recognized.

Overweight and Obese Japanese Children study

A recent report has indicated that the prevalence of obesity in elementary school children has been increasing rapidly in Japan since the mid-1990s(10) . Another important issue is that Asian adults have a higher percentage of body fat for a given BMI compared with whites, and obesity-associated disorders start in mildly to moderately obese adults in Asian countries, especially in Japan (11, 12, 13) .

edit on 31-1-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: quote

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Just curious..

There is lot of bashing of "bad" foods, corn syrup, etc. I am just wondering.. for those of you who think it's the fault of the companies who sell crappy food.. why don't people exercise more? It's all it takes. Is there some secret agenda to convince people to not burn calories?

Why is there absolutely no self-responsibility? Why do adults in particular, get a pass because they CHOOSE to sin on their butts, and not exercise? Are you suggesting that evil corn syrup is not ONLY addicting, but stunts people's judgement on want a healthy lifestyle would entail?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Just curious..

There is lot of bashing of "bad" foods, corn syrup, etc. I am just wondering.. for those of you who think it's the fault of the companies who sell crappy food.. why don't people exercise more? It's all it takes. Is there some secret agenda to convince people to not burn calories?

Why is there absolutely no self-responsibility? Why do adults in particular, get a pass because they CHOOSE to sin on their butts, and not exercise? Are you suggesting that evil corn syrup is not ONLY addicting, but stunts people's judgement on want a healthy lifestyle would entail?

Time to drink the Kool-Aid -- Dr. Lustig cites the studies on why exercise is not the issue.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Cherry picking at best. Even with that info you fail to prove that it is global. There are over 150 countries that dont even come close to US levels of obesity. Even Japanese numbers don't come close and they have had hfcs for the same amount of time.
edit on 31-1-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Cherry picking at best. Even with that info you fail to prove that it is global. There are over 150 countries that dont even come close to US levels of obesity. Even Japanese numbers don't come close and they have had hfcs for the same amount of time.

I think you mean Cherry Coke picking -- the global pandemic chart is given in this vid:

edit on 31-1-2012 by fulllotusqigong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Sure a you tubevideo is the best source. Sorry but I'm still not buying. I'm sure my source is better than youtube.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Sure a you tube video is the best source. Sorry but I'm still not buying. I'm sure my source is better than youube.

Obesity Global Pandemic

Worldwide obesity has more than doubled since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight. Of these over 200 million men and nearly 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight. Nearly 43 million children under the age of five were overweight in 2010. Obesity is preventable.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Still doesn't make your case that hfcs is behind it since it isn't a major sweetner in the most of the world. Doubled in a starving world doesn't come close to US levels so I have to say that you and the good doctor are wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Still doesn't make your case that hfcs is behind it since it isn't a major sweetner in the most of the world. Doubled in a starving world doesn't come close to US levels so I have to say that you and the good doctor are wrong.

There were 1.5billion dangerously overweight people worldwide last year, while 925million were underfed, according to the Red Cross.

More people in the world are now dying from obesity than malnutrition, anti-poverty campaigners say.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join