It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Judgment on homosexuality.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

you're welcome! it is just as important for Christians to be educated on what God hates as much as what He loves. It's horrible for people to call themselves a Christian and they don't even know what's in their bible that they swear by.

Are you for real?

The word CHRISTIANITY and HATE are not compatible my dear.

Let's start with a couple of bible classics;

'For God LOVED the world so much he gave his only son to us as a sacrifice.'

'LOVE thy neighbour as thy love thyself'

God is not some angry smiting being to be feared, nor is he a reason to project your own personal prejudices upon the world.

Agreed, homosexuality is not spoken of well in the bible. Agreed the bible makes their fate clear. But Jesus himself said to end the stonings and judgemental behaviour when he stopped the stoning of the sinner.

His words were VERY clear; 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

It is also said in the bible 'Many will come to me and say 'Father, I have done great works in your name' and God will say to them GET AWAY FROM ME, I NEVER KNEW YOU

in other words, LEAVE JUDGEMENT UP TO THE ONLY ONE WORTHY OF PASSING IT ---- GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF AND KEEP FOCUS ON KEEPING YOUR OWN NOSE CLEAN.........

edit on 29-1-2012 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973

you're welcome! it is just as important for Christians to be educated on what God hates as much as what He loves. It's horrible for people to call themselves a Christian and they don't even know what's in their bible that they swear by.

Are you for real?

The word CHRISTIANITY and HATE are not compatible my dear.

don't take it out on me, take your beliefs out on scripture: Proverbs 6:16. According to His word, He does hate. That's not my opinion, that's a fact for anyone to read.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

don't take it out on me, take your beliefs out on scripture: Proverbs 6:16. According to His word, He does hate. That's not my opinion, that's a fact for anyone to read.

And there is your first mistake my dear. Christians are supposed to read the old testament in retrospect in regards to the new i.e. You read the old testament after reading the new and you apply the teachings of Jesus over the top of it. Think of the the new testament as God's word version 2.0 - revised and updated.

There are many things that Jesus said that clarifies and adds to the old testament, Yes, he said that not a word of the old law shall change or pass, but he also directly contradicts it in certain circumstances when he did things like stop people from stoning the sinner and picking corn on the sabbath.

He did this to teach us that common sense should reign over strict religious observance. i.e Love God from your heart and let that love show through your GOOD works to fellow man and not through sterile rule following and bashing those over the head with a bible that you perceive to not be doing what God wants.

There is another world religion that prides itself in following the strict observance of the rules and just look at the trouble misery it causes in the nations where in reigns......

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think that if there was a god, he would be bisexual...

Here's why...

According to christians words, God created everything, and made human in his image...
So basing on that, he engineered human beings, right ? So... if he did, and if he wasn't bisexual, why would he build humans (both male and female) with the anal region as erogenous zone ?
to give you a reward when you have a hard time in the toilet ? cmon...
So, christians, if you want to honnour your god's creation, you should all try anal sex ! just "Love your neighboor"... lol
Or become atheist by disgust of how god created you... and drop all those crasy unrealistic fairy tales... but if you keep being christian AND hating homos, you're just an hypocrite. And if you want to reply... please, use your brain and develop your own analysis and argue against mine... don't paste bible quotes... it should be quite easy (to don't use bible quotes) if you're not a vatican brainwashed sheep...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

And never once did I say that I "know Him so much better than all the other Christians". it would be impossible to measure how deep a relationship is or compare them. You mentioned earlier that you are paranoid and it sure seems you think that I'm somehow attacking you which I'm not. Just stating facts.

well I did mention I was paranoid.. but it was more sarcasm in this instance... did I mention that I wasn't a perfect Christian as well..

I actually think you were attacking me in the sense of a haughty put down ..as well as other Christians.. God gives me a sense of these things.. (even if I do call him Jesus)..

It's ok..I forgive you... I have things that Jesus needs to work out in me as well.

May He have mercy on all of us... especially those of us in most need of His mercy.< (meaning me at times)

edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Dear (Choose your favorite religious hypocrite),

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the Bible's other specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,

Haha really so true, so true.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
Dear (Choose your favorite religious hypocrite),

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the Bible's other specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,

Haha really so true, so true.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

GOD'S JUDGEMENT, my friend! Not yours or mine!

I am a Christian and I say here and now that I do not judge people. I have gay friends and I have only love for them. In my own lifestyle I may not practise this form of sexuality, but the form of sexuality I have practised in the past and may well practise again is also a sin! Just as bad, a sin is a sin. If yo go around criticizing and judging homosexuality then as you are throwing your stone better take a look at yourself. Are you sleeping with a woman out of wedlock? Well according to Scripture you shouldn't be. But then Christ told us that we were all, without exception, sinners. I know that I am that. That is why I don't go round judging others. If I use that judgement then I must accept that judgement on me, too! See it?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by PurpleSun

And never once did I say that I "know Him so much better than all the other Christians". it would be impossible to measure how deep a relationship is or compare them. You mentioned earlier that you are paranoid and it sure seems you think that I'm somehow attacking you which I'm not. Just stating facts.

well I did mention I was paranoid.. but it was more sarcasm in this instance... did I mention that I wasn't a perfect Christian as well..

I actually think you were attacking me in the sense of a haughty put down ..as well as other Christians.. God gives me a sense of these things.. (even if I do call him Jesus)..

It's ok..I forgive you... I have things that Jesus needs to work out in me as well.

May He have mercy on all of us... especially those of us in most need of His mercy.< (meaning me at times)

edit on 29-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Healthy humility! I am just like this. It is good you are aware of your own negatives! So many are not. They think they are God! Christ came into the world to save sinners. The healthy don't need a doctor, the sick do. I admitted I was sick and then the healing can begin. But we have to admit our sickness otherwise our sickness will grow worse. T S ELIOT wrote that, too. I feel it just the same way.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
One thing I cannot understand is how claiming that something is a sin is judging a sinner. Is it not possible to hate the sin but love the sinner? Speak the truth about Hell and people accuse you of judging others. Tell that some action is a sin and you are judging others. I admit I sin to but if someone told me what I do is a sin I don't accuse him of being self-righteous.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
One thing I cannot understand is how claiming that something is a sin is judging a sinner. Is it not possible to hate the sin but love the sinner? Speak the truth about Hell and people accuse you of judging others. Tell that some action is a sin and you are judging others. I admit I sin to but if someone told me what I do is a sin I don't accuse him of being self-righteous.

Yes, that's so true. We should not be afraid to state the case that a sin is a sin. Before I tried to be so perfect, but that just leads to constant frustration. I then realised that it was actually impossible for a human to get anywhere near perfection. We sin all the time. The balance is to obviously stop from sinning, but the best of us will go on sinning. It is a total paradox. Impossible to fully escape as a human yet effort leads to reduced sinning.

According to God's WORD homosexual acts, that is loving someone of the same sex as a husband or wife, is not the correct way to live. Also, it is not correct to have sexual relations with even a member of the other sex before marriage. They are both sins. It is very strict and these sins are and always have been so common. If I were living with a woman and someone told me that I was sinning I would tell them that I knew I was and also to mind their own business. That is how I look at it. Yet strangely, since becoming a Christian I have hardly had a sexual encounter where as before there were many more. Can't say I really miss it though.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

ROTFL.......

snort.......

hilarious dude!

S4U!

Well said!

I'm not homosexual myself, but have several friends that are. If they are not allowed in heaven.....why would I want to go to a place that discriminatory?

Think I'll cancel my membership (thinking......now where did I put that baptism certificate....)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
OP,
It is exactly that attitude that got god kicked off of the airlines.

religion.blogs.cnn.com...

ETA: thread I started here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-1-2012 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
Yes, that's so true. We should not be afraid to state the case that a sin is a sin. Before I tried to be so perfect, but that just leads to constant frustration. I then realised that it was actually impossible for a human to get anywhere near perfection. We sin all the time. The balance is to obviously stop from sinning, but the best of us will go on sinning. It is a total paradox. Impossible to fully escape as a human yet effort leads to reduced sinning.

If you think you cannot escape the perceived paradox, then you call Christ a liar. He said HIS burden was light.

The more you point out the Sin in others, the more sin you spread in the world for all things are fixed and according to God's plan. It IS your own judgement which prevents you from simply relinquishing control over to God and enjoying the experience of Life.

There is no Sin. There is only Brothers and Sisters who keep trying to be better than each other in the fathers eyes. Silly children, he created each and everyone for a purpose and each are fulfilling it to a T.

Stop eating of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. There is no one to blame but yourself.

God is the Judge.

Love one another.

According to God's WORD homosexual acts, that is loving someone of the same sex as a husband or wife, is not the correct way to live. Also, it is not correct to have sexual relations with even a member of the other sex before marriage. They are both sins. It is very strict and these sins are and always have been so common. If I were living with a woman and someone told me that I was sinning I would tell them that I knew I was and also to mind their own business. That is how I look at it. Yet strangely, since becoming a Christian I have hardly had a sexual encounter where as before there were many more. Can't say I really miss it though.

I AM God's word.

Love one another is God's commandment to mankind.

Forgive, that you can be forgiven.

Judge none, that you will not be judged.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I don't believe that having such feelings constitutes a direct sin, but it's the actions themselves that are sinful. I do not hate homosexuals but I do not lie and say that their actions keeps God's word no problem.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Some people just don't realize how patient God really is.. and how powerful he is as well.

He sits back because of the mercy He has granted us through His Son, and takes being spit at and mocked.

A testament of how much He is willing to endure in hopes that we will have a change of heart, in hopes that we can understand His mercy and His love and His righteousness in how He designed things to be.

If those of you on this thread can mock our Creator, tell me how much patience you would have if you had intricately created a species, and had a distinct way for it to procreate, that was beautiful and loving,and designed to be pleasurable. This species then decides it wants pleasure in its own way disregards what you have created those specific parts for, and then proceeds to tell you you are not the judge of how things should work, and in fact ..you are fired..so get lost...and who knows ..you most likely don't exist anyhow.

How long would it take , feeling those insults and mockery every day for years and years, before you finally had enough ?

We don't get to boss the Creator around.. He may tolerate it because of the incredible mercy and love He has for each of us.. but in the end..He is still the one who made us.. and it is still His will that will be done in the end.

He has given us the choice to go along with His will or refuse it.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Revolution9

I don't believe that having such feelings constitutes a direct sin, but it's the actions themselves that are sinful. I do not hate homosexuals but I do not lie and say that their actions keeps God's word no problem.

Whats criminal about a consenting act between two adults?

Oh I forgot - you said it was so we should all just take your word for it. Rofl.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

If you think you cannot escape the perceived paradox, then you call Christ a liar. He said HIS burden was light.

The more you point out the Sin in others, the more sin you spread in the world for all things are fixed and according to God's plan. It IS your own judgement which prevents you from simply relinquishing control over to God and enjoying the experience of Life.

There is no Sin. There is only Brothers and Sisters who keep trying to be better than each other in the fathers eyes. Silly children, he created each and everyone for a purpose and each are fulfilling it to a T.

Stop eating of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil. There is no one to blame but yourself.

God is the Judge.

Love one another.

I AM God's word.

Love one another is God's commandment to mankind.

Forgive, that you can be forgiven.

Judge none, that you will not be judged.

With Love,

Your Brother

You got me wrong my friend. You need to read my earlier reply to know what I think personally. That further reply was more a discussion of sin itself and putting sin in context.

I must disagree with you. Jesus Christ told us we were sinners. Sin does exist. Peter followed Christ and continued to sin even afterwards. So did Paul. We are not perfect nor can we ever be in this world of flesh. That is how I understand Christ. He is not liberal or wishy washy like us. I follow The WORD yet still I sin. Either I must be the worst Christian in the world who dares to sin when saying he follows Christ or I am just quite a normal Christian grappling with a sinful nature. I think any true Christian would admit they are a sinner, so I guess I am the latter.

Personally I am not looking for that earthly consensus and our vain attempt at political correctness in civil all so harmonious society. That will never be achieved by humans. We are incapable. I am not GOD. His Spirit might be with me when I am listening. But like other humans I am so damn dumb sometimes, no matter how hard I try.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
theBigToe:

I'm guessing it perverts the natural order of things. And before you say animals do it, animals do things like eat their young so I hardly think they were endowed with the ability to reason about moral things and cannot be held accountable.
edit on 29-1-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'm guessing it perverts the natural order of things. And before you say animals do it, animals do things like eat their young so I hardly think they were endowed with the ability to reason about moral things and cannot be held accountable.

"It perverts the natural order of things" It is natural...

You should really think about things before you say them.
Can you tell me how homosexuals are threatening to society? And something a bit more credible of an answer then "god said it therefor im a sheep and I believe it"
edit on 29-1-2012 by theBigToe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join