It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab League suspends Syria mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

So its ok for Assad to indiscriminately kill civilians so he can hold on to his dictatorial rule because somehow you think its linked to Iran?

Out of curiosity at what point did the citizens of every country on the planet become so bass ackwards retarded that they can't do anything unless the US government is there holding their hands?

You are severely underestimating the citizens of these countries who want change, and to blame the US for it is nothing but an insult to those who have died simply because they and others went to protest unarmed. If the occupy movement thinks the way police treat them are bad, maybe they should try to protest in Damascus.
edit on 30-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hey I can see how a certain part of the Syrian population wants change, you get that in every country. It looks like a religious faction want it -the Sunni, also the Kurds too. Just looks like an ethno religious conflict to me, these things are stirred up by outside influence when it suits. From all the coloured revolutions in eastern Europe over the last twenty years to the Balkan wars and Kosovo to the Afghan religious jihadists the West (USA) was behind it. The northern Kurds will have had contact with Israeli and US secret services over last 20 years. Kurds always had contact all through Iran, Syria, Iraq, with these nations. The West stirs through NGOs then go on to supply the weapons and training, these things happen and it wouldn't surprise me if the Yanks are behind this one too, especially as it means one more step nearer to Iran.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

And those non western countries during the same time did the exact same thing. The same thing is being done in Gaza / West Bank / Lebanon via Syrian and Iranian governments.

Funny how those actions are ignored.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

And those non western countries during the same time did the exact same thing. The same thing is being done in Gaza / West Bank / Lebanon via Syrian and Iranian governments.

Funny how those actions are ignored.

Too true, Britain would still have some of its Empire if it wasn't for those stirring Russians encouraging national ideas. They all do it. Yeah the Iranians and Syrians are doing the same all round Israel. It's like one long exhausting fight, will Iran or Israel drop first?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

so what to do? sit back and do nothing?, or go in like we did in Iraq or Afghanistan, any way you look at the US will be the ones spat on again it is their problem let them deal with it if they want freedom let them fight for it. it is not a US or UN problem nor is it NATO.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by insaan
My solution derived from my point of view is: deescalate the war, less bombs, less guns, more security, less bloodshed, and destruction.

I like my one and will stick with it.

Fair enough now,

How do you plan on getting the Syrian Regime to comply to that?

Meanwhile, as you come up with a REAL solution civilians are dying at the hands of Syrian Government troops
[Whether you believe it or not]

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I dont think WW3 can happen. Think about it. The world over will refuse. It is not the world we had 60 years ago. People will not tolerate this crap. Eventually all they will accomplish is a French style revolution and the end of their blood lines. They will end up in caves fearing for their lives. They underestimate the human resolve. Peace is our goal, and frankly, we will do anything to get it. They are counting on us eliminating each other. The thing is, we are ever increasingly becoming aware of who and what they are.

The more they push, the more they reveal themselves. It is one thing to think you are so smart while lying to people with half truths, it is another when people dont need you anymore to find the truth. Even without Internet, media, whatever. We talk. All it takes is one of us to start their end. They have been going off the assumption we are like medieval peasants in the dark about the world we live in.

Look to the average American soldier. He does what is asked while knowing the damn truth. Ask him to do the unthinkable and he will turn on you. Look at countries like Iran, India, who ever, they are not afraid anymore. We are not afraid anymore. We just let be in the name of passing the day. Ask us to end our days, and we will end this BS, once and for all. Then the secret police will be a civilian version. You will have to hide the fact you were once a somebody making this crap world a reality.

Keep pushing bub, we´ll show you who the hell you think you are. We are not going to take it much longer. We won't go killing each other in the streets like zombies over NWO brains. They are sorely mistaken. Their best bet, is stop while they are ahead.

WW3 will be their down fall, not ours. The average man will rise triumfant.

edit on 30-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It is easy to completely ignore the "civilians - police - security personal - military personnel = Syrians" killed in the hands of armed gangs, foreign controlled mercenaries and terrorists, that way you can hand pick your own solution based on your own intentional denial of important variables, a solution which serves your own agenda in all aspects.

That's what I see the media doing everyday, I'm glad you brought it up.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

so what to do? sit back and do nothing?, or go in like we did in Iraq or Afghanistan, any way you look at the US will be the ones spat on again it is their problem let them deal with it if they want freedom let them fight for it. it is not a US or UN problem nor is it NATO.

A good question.... Something to consider...

The last 2 times the US remained quiet / neutral and tried to stay out of things, we ended up having to mobilize, fight in 2 world wars, help rebuild entire countries while dealing with the cold war.

The question now is a matter of is this situation something that is going to affect us down the road? If the answer to that question is yes, then the thought is to we deal with it now instead of letting it go to become something much larger than it is.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

so your for the US NATO forces to go in and do what is necessary to get the job done. How long would we be in there? 6 moths, 1 year. 5 years, or as long as we have been in Iraq, 10+ years? Then what is our job in there? Protect them form a dictator? Or from each other, or rebuild the nation in our mind set?What to do if they decide they do not want us in there land?Pull out stay until the job is done or do has we have before convince them they need us there.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Easy there sea-biscuit.. Did I say any of that? I posed several hypothetical did I not?

I think the whole sale slaughter of civilians should be stopped. Turkey and several Arab countries have expressed interest in sending troops in. How about we take them up on their offer and see if they can nip it in the bud? Why does it always need to be the US / NATO / West?

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

At what point is it ok to intervene militarily in a country when only humanitarian issues are present?

Intervention is too late for the already slaughtered 5000 civilians.

It's also too late for these casualties of the recent shelling and sniper fire (discretion advised before playing)

Way to go, Assad! You should be proud of yourself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join