It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab League suspends Syria mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Arab League suspends Syria mission

www.aljazeera.com

The Arab League has suspended its monitoring mission in Syria due to what it called the escalation of violence and "critical deterioration of the situation" in the country.

Nabil Elaraby, the secretary-general of the Arab League, announced the decision in a statement on Saturday
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Syria launches bloody new crackdown as U.S. threatens sanctions
Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Its not loooking good at all ..
Syria meltdown has not stoped
This uprising has been going on for months
and now they have officials that will confirm to the world
what really is going on and if its necessary to do something and stop Assad

The Arab league and the UN will soon agree
to impose a no fly zone after they have debriefed the inspectors
Russia and China will still veto it .. to delay any invasion on Syria
but at what point ...

The Arab League also confirmed on Saturday that it was holding talks with Russia, one of the main opponents of the bloc's peace plan.

The talks come ahead of a United Nations meeting on Monday. The Arab League and Western countries are pushing for a UN Security Council vote on a draft resolution on Syria - although Russia opposes the move.

so if Iran doesnt close the SOH
like planned .. after the oil sanction
they will be another door for ww3 to take place
and it will be Syria

how else it can end .. there is no other alternative
the ww3 has been planned to take place in many ways
many have failed so far

"It has been decided to immediately stop the work of the Arab League's mission to Syria pending presentation of the issue to the league's council," he said.

The bloc said the observers would remain in the country, but would temporarily freeze their work.

The mission was set up in December to monitor Damascus' compliance with an Arab League plan to end a bloody crackdown on 10 months of protests against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad.

The bloc extended the 165-member mission after its first month, but Gulf Arab states later withdrew their monitors.

The mission has been widely criticised by the Syrian opposition for being ineffective in reducing the bloodshed.

www.aljazeera.com
edit on 1/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Professional Mercenaries will be sent instead of the under qualified ones hired from Qatar and other Arab nations. That's why Arab League Observers are leaving. The situation will get worse, this is war, it has already begun, Syria is just playing international politics (chess games), while simultaneously fighting armed forces directly connected with foreign Syrian enemies.

This war will show how intelligent some nations are.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Youre not going to see anything happen. Several advisers to the Arab Leagues mission in Syria resigned because they felt their presence their was just a political game, and that no matter what, the world wouldnt care, and theyre right - look what happened when we went into Libya. The anti-American rhetoric started up again.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Its not loooking good at all ..
Syria meltdown has not stoped
This uprising has been going on for months
and now they have officials that will confirm to the world
what really is going on and if its necessary to do something and stop Assad

The Arab league and the UN will soon agree
to impose a no fly zone after they have debriefed the inspectors
Russia and China will still veto it .. to delay any invasion on Syria
but at what point ...

The Arab League also confirmed on Saturday that it was holding talks with Russia, one of the main opponents of the bloc's peace plan.

The talks come ahead of a United Nations meeting on Monday. The Arab League and Western countries are pushing for a UN Security Council vote on a draft resolution on Syria - although Russia opposes the move.

so if Iran doesnt close the SOH
like planned .. after the oil sanction
they will be another door for ww3 to take place
and it will be Syria

how else it can end .. there is no other alternative
the ww3 has been planned to take place in many ways
many have failed so far

"It has been decided to immediately stop the work of the Arab League's mission to Syria pending presentation of the issue to the league's council," he said.

The bloc said the observers would remain in the country, but would temporarily freeze their work.

The mission was set up in December to monitor Damascus' compliance with an Arab League plan to end a bloody crackdown on 10 months of protests against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad.

The bloc extended the 165-member mission after its first month, but Gulf Arab states later withdrew their monitors.

The mission has been widely criticised by the Syrian opposition for being ineffective in reducing the bloodshed.

www.aljazeera.com
edit on 1/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Is this supposed to be a free verse poem, or is it an error when posts show up in this format?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

So question for everyone about this...

At what point is it ok to intervene militarily in a country when only humanitarian issues are present?

Is it really acceptable to hide behind the its an internal affair of Syria and not our problem wall? People are being killed, many who are unarmed and who have done nothing wrong. At what point does it become a moral imperative to intervene to stop the killing?

By ignoring the acts and doing nothing, aren't we just as guilty as the Syrian regime for the deaths that are occurring? What if something like this occurred in your own country? Half your family is dead because government forces opened up on protesters with deadly force while they were unarmed? If you begged for outside help, and none came, what would you think / feel?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You've to first assume that this is not a war, rather a systematic killing of innocent people.

I'm reluctant to believe that this is a systematic killing of innocent people by the Syria Government, I believe it is a war. So the question is, if you believe this is a systematic killing of innocent people, and I believe it is a war, why should your solution derived from your point of view be chosen, over my solution which is derived from my point of view?

Your solution derived from your point of view is: Escalate the war, more bombs, more guns, more bloodshed and more destruction.

My solution derived from my point of view is: deescalate the war, less bombs, less guns, more security, less bloodshed, and destruction.

I like my one and will stick with it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So you want Syria to end up Like Libya now
and haven't you heard? there wont be any trail.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Things are falling apart pretty fast for the Syrian gov. The more people they kill the more join the cause and even more parts of the military go over to the other side. Its only a matter of time before the regime is forced out.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow.. nothing like asking a hypothetical only to have people not understand it and tell me my position is wrong. Is it to much to ask for people to comprehend before responding? If English is not your first or second or even third language say so and I can translate it to a native tongue you can understand and comprehend.

Man this site going down hill fast..

edit on 28-1-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Man this site going down hill fast..

Well you should know alot of us,including,Americans,Canadians and Fellow Europeans are sick of wars, including which i bet they will start another war on Russia, second ally in the region, if that happens, i dont think Russia will stand by and watch it happen now do you think Russia will just sit and watch as they did with Libya.

No i dont think so.
I think its time for America to be a Non interventionist country and also Xcathdra if you haven't noticed Americas Image is destroyed in the world do you think another war will help the civilians?

So dropping bombs on civilians is alright? and you Xcathdra wont believe the fact that there are some western paid mercenaries on the ground in Syria killing the protesters?

Why you think Sen John McCain has been so outspoken against Assad? calling him Russia's Assad
with that kind of insult that right away tells me John McCain is somehow involved in Syria.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I gave you a clear response, you said at what point is a military intervention OK in a country which is facing a humanitarian issue.

Obviously we are talking about Syria right? If that's true then we are discussing "at what point is it OK to intervene in Syria?", right?

If so, then there's currently two perspectives defining the conflict in Syria:

1. War
2. Systematic killing of innocent people by Government.

Some believe 1, and others believe 2.

I believe 1.

I assumed you believe in 2.

Depending on your belief, you will present a different solution.

I present deescalation of the war as solution, because I believe it is a war.

I assumed you believe "it is a systematic killing of innocent people by the Syrian Government", therefore your solution based on that belief would be foreign intervention.

Your solution from my perspective is incorrect, and my solution from your (assumed) perspective is incorrect. That being said, from my perspective, military intervention is not even on the table as a solution. Ultimately that is what I was trying to say.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sick of wars.. The last time any of those countries you named fought in a real war goes back to WWII.

Syria needs intervention to stop the whole sale slaughter of civilians by the Assad Government plain and simple. I will leave you who dont see it that way to make the excuses for the Assad regime.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sick of wars.. The last time any of those countries you named fought in a real war goes back to WWII.

Syria needs intervention to stop the whole sale slaughter of civilians by the Assad Government plain and simple. I will leave you who dont see it that way to make the excuses for the Assad regime.

What about these insurgents being agents of terror? Assad has every right to put the insurrection down. Obama would do the same, so would Cameron.

So Assad does fall, then what? Not good for anyone, all Christians will be cleansed and forced out by Islamics like in Iraq, no good for Israel having to deal with handing back Golan to new government, no good for Russia losing a export market. How can west win by overthrow of Assad when it does suit them?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

There is a difference between armed insurgent and civilian.

There is a difference between actions of an insurgent and hundreds of people protesting only to have the Assad troops indiscriminately open fire into that crowd with live rounds.

How do you justify assad troops intentionally opening fire on groups of people who are not armed and doing nothing but walking down the street?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Check videos of it there is a video on RT ,Lebanonnow and SANA of armed insurgents taking control of a damascus district in Saqba .This is not like how you are saying it.

rt.com...

Do these look like peaceful human rights campiagners ??

edit on 30-1-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

It might be sound strange but I believe West is trying to establish muslim brotherhood as a counterforce to Iran's regional power or it might for the so called 'gog/magog war of Israel vs arabs.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Looks like the rats are starting to attempt the flee the ship.... Apparently they had to retreat back to the Presidential compound.

'Assad's family attempts to escape Syria'

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

True there is a difference between the insurgents and demonstrators, it's just whos behind this latest revolution that gets to me. Actually its almost certainly so as to surround Iran on another front for the final campaign in the ME. I just don't see what Israel has to gain from Assad going - there will be reason to negotiate peace and give back Hermon which surely would be total madness for Jerusalem. Something big is playing over there and it can only be the next step to Iran.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003

It might be sound strange but I believe West is trying to establish muslim brotherhood as a counterforce to Iran's regional power or it might for the so called 'gog/magog war of Israel vs arabs.

I know mate, it's over my head too, the more the West messes with these nations the more Christianity is erased from its ancient centres, just like it was from Iraq. Maybe USA wants just Christianity in America, transplant Jerusalem brick by brick over to California and rebuild it next to the London Bridge?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join