It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Joining ATS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Greetings!

I've been aware of the ATS community for years now, mainly through my wife who reads/posts here. I really felt compelled to join after the explosion of UFO sightings in 2011, and the strange sky(?) sounds in January 2012. These events are of particular interest to me.

Otherwise, I've always had a curiosity about the paranormal. This is due to the early influence of my father and all those Time-Life "Mysteries of the Unexplained" encyclopedias (etc.) he collected. My main areas of interest include spirit-mind-consciousness, ghosts, psi, cosmology, UFOs, alien (intelligences), quantum (theoretical) physics, etc. I have an open, skeptical mind. I tend to think that our understanding of these mysteries is contingent on a dramatic shift in our consciousness and understanding of the world around us, and what we've been conditioned to believe "reality" is.

Hope to have some enlightening conversation with the good folks here.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi and Welcome to ATS
I am sure you will find many interesting topics and views discussed here.
Enjoy

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...enjoy the ride....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NaKeDuSk

Ahoy Matey..

..Welcome aboard.

Do you have any fish ???

Or a bottle of Chianti ???

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Nice avatar!

Maybe will see you in the paranormal/metaphysical threads!
Sounds interesting.

Peace out!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
At last proof that men should listen to the women in their lives!
Welcome to the boards, enjoy posting.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Welcome NaKeDuSk

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.
edit on 1/29/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's good to see you here, husband.
Now the fun will begin lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Welcome to the community, enjoy your stay.

New guy buys the beer on Fridays

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Greetings!

Seems like you would benefit alot from reading the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below. It deals with matters like the paranormal phenomena, inborn quality, virtue and karma, the third eye, how to become a good person, ancient civilizations, aliens and the true meaning of human life. No wonder it sold 100 million copies in a few years and the Communists banned it in China along with the whole Qi Gong practice of Faluin Dafa which aims at letting people reach their full potential by offering the age old secret theory of how to do it.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever..

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hi NaKeDuSk,

I really don't buy most of what interests you. I see no evidence for it at all. From UFOs to psi powers, I am afraid I am just not a skeptic, but down right hostile to the ideas. My opinion is that we would have evidence of some form by now, rather than grainy photos and magicians.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by somerandomuser

Thanks all for the welcome, and to somerandomuser, that's fine. I find it curious though that you're *automatically* in defiance of all the topics that interest me, because I haven't really stated in great detail where I stand on these. I think it's obvious that there is much more than grainy photos and "magicians" to examine when it comes these areas of study. Your blanket rejection doesn't hold a lot of merit, either.

top topics

join