It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stegosaurus carving at 800 year old Ta Prohm Temple in Cambodia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This carving of what appears to be a Stegosaurus is located a courtyard or two in from the front entrance of Ta Prohm Temple (finished in 1191 A.D.). This is in the Angkor Wat area near Siem Reap.

Since the fossils of dinosaurs were not found until the 1800s, this 800 year old carving seems to imply that the Stegosaurus still lived around that time. If true, this would totally contradict the theory of evolution which states that the dinosaurs went extinct 60 million years ago. Creationists believe man and dinosaur were both created in the first week of creation and co existed for some time, perhaps up to more recently than imagined . So it would easily be possible that people could have seen a live Stegosaurus and made this image as a result.

Since the evolutionists could never accept this, they have put forth alternative theories about this carving - That it is a hedgehog or water buffalo in front of a bush, or is a chameleon, or that the ridges were added later on, or that the whole carving is recent, or that the King in 1191 A.D. had dinosaur fossils. These theories are possible but have good arguments against them.

However it is true that the head of this creature is larger and with horns unlike the known Stegosaurus.

Did a Stegosaurus or a dinosaur Stegosaurus like creature exist 800 years ago? We don't know, but it is an interesting possibility. Most tourists going through Ta Prohm did not notice the carving, and even when they did they did not seem to realize the interesting debate this thing is causing...The authenticity of the carving is virtually undisputed,The temple carving, while looking like a dinosaur, also looks like a Rhino to me but the onley problem with that is the rhino doesn't have a tail or the plates going down the back..So what do you guys think? I make no claims, but the evidence is interesting nonetheless..
Thanks for flying,sugarcookie1

This video takes you to see the carving at Ta Prohm Temple--credit for the video goes to davemariluz

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
All Stegosaurus bones have been found in Western North America and Europe, which begs the question, how did these guys see one? The carving definitely looks Stegosaurus-like, but it does have variations that make it questionable at best. Could it be based on some animal that existed 800 years ago, but no longer? Some sort of evolutionary cousin to the Stegosaurus? More likely.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
All Stegosaurus bones have been found in Western North America and Europe, which begs the question, how did these guys see one? The carving definitely looks Stegosaurus-like, but it does have variations that make it questionable at best. Could it be based on some animal that existed 800 years ago, but no longer? Some sort of evolutionary cousin to the Stegosaurus? More likely.

It could be an animal that existed 800 years ago or just a fantasy creature from the artist imagination or maybe it was a cousin to the Stegosaurus ..You have to admit the evidence is interesting
Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yes it is an interesting image and I went to see it the last time I was in Cambodia. The 12th century temple is badly overgrown but still a good visit.

Discussion of the carving

I spend a morning at this temple and noted something also discussed above, the putting of decorative 'lobes' around creatures.

...... the lobes may be merely stylized leaves or purely decorative features. Some have noted that they appear to be well delineated from the body, further suggesting that they were not intended to be parts of it. The vegetation or decorative flourish interpretation is especially plausible in view of the many similar features adoring the margins and borders of many other temple carvings--sometimes occurring right against the outline of a creature--without anyone assuming they are parts of its body. For example, in the carving immediately above the supposed stegosaur (Fig. 3), some prominent lobes occur along the back of the quadruped mammal depicted there (sometimes identified as a water buffalo). Likewise, upon close inspection one can see that an apparent swan or goose in another nearby carving (Fig. 6) shows lobes around the body, as well as on the surrounding frames, that look virtually identical to the alleged back plates on the "stegosaur." Unless one wants to conclude that buffalo and water birds living in Cambodia at the time had bony plates sticking out of their bodies, strong caution should be used before jumping to conclusions about the lobes in the carving in question.

The outtake above comes from the link above and you can find the figure mentioned above in that link

Considering that a Stegosaurus would have survived up til the 12 century AD in Cambodia - and not have been mentioned in any other way by the locals is a bit odd....

Oh and if you go to see the temple be sure to stop at my favorite restaurant in Siem Reap, the Dead Fish Guesthouse.
edit on 26/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I wanna know what the images/carving are above and below the "stegosaurus" too. The very bottom one looks a little like a large abnormal ape/human like creature. And the one just above that, I have no clue either.

Baybe they are just the best carvings they could do there at the time to depict things they saw around them there, like primates, rhinos or possibly even just a chameleon too.

BTW.,..this has already been posted a couple of years ago on ATS: Older post

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
what i believe as do many others is that Angkor Watt and various other sites around the world are leftovers from previous civilizations or rather what survived. i mean hundredths of thousands of years. im not saying Angkor Watt is 400,000 years old but its older than what we believe.

these civilizations didn't perish because of lack of food,warfare,weather they perished because of planet x or niburu.

as the survivors of these civilizations struggled for hundreds of years in the aftermath of Nibiru's passing. they forgot who and where they came from.

what remained is these temples kind of buildings. they where either reoccupied (Egypt, south america) or simply forgotten about.

Why did the ancients use stone for lodging rather than an easier source such as wood. well we know they did use things such as wood ropes canvas but none of these can stand up to Niburu's passing save these stone buildings which did survive.

and i believe local legend about angkor watt says it was built a long long time ago.

it is believed to be built in the 12th century but i think it was just repaired majorly.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Yes it is an interesting image and I went to see it the last time I was in Cambodia. The 12th century temple is badly overgrown but still a good visit.

Discussion of the carving

I spend a morning at this temple and noted something also discussed above, the putting of decorative 'lobes' around creatures.

...... the lobes may be merely stylized leaves or purely decorative features. Some have noted that they appear to be well delineated from the body, further suggesting that they were not intended to be parts of it. The vegetation or decorative flourish interpretation is especially plausible in view of the many similar features adoring the margins and borders of many other temple carvings--sometimes occurring right against the outline of a creature--without anyone assuming they are parts of its body. For example, in the carving immediately above the supposed stegosaur (Fig. 3), some prominent lobes occur along the back of the quadruped mammal depicted there (sometimes identified as a water buffalo). Likewise, upon close inspection one can see that an apparent swan or goose in another nearby carving (Fig. 6) shows lobes around the body, as well as on the surrounding frames, that look virtually identical to the alleged back plates on the "stegosaur." Unless one wants to conclude that buffalo and water birds living in Cambodia at the time had bony plates sticking out of their bodies, strong caution should be used before jumping to conclusions about the lobes in the carving in question.

The outtake above comes from the link above and you can find the figure mentioned above in that link

Considering that a Stegosaurus would have survived up til the 12 century AD in Cambodia - and not have been mentioned in any other way by the locals is a bit odd....

Oh and if you go to see the temple be sure to stop at my favorite restaurant in Siem Reap, the Dead Fish Guesthouse.
edit on 26/1/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

You are so lucky to be able to go to Cambodia and be able to view this temple in some of the pics i saw of this temple it looked badly overgrown but that to me makes the place look mysterious..
That was a very good link thank you i didn't read it all but so far alot of it makes sense to me and the lack of any written records or other reliable corroborating evidence that live stegosaurs were seen in Cambodia ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi there, not trying to thread hijack, but there has been some good discussion on this topic here on several threads, including this one- www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still think it's the real deal...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I wanna know what the images/carving are above and below the "stegosaurus" too. The very bottom one looks a little like a large abnormal ape/human like creature. And the one just above that, I have no clue either.

Baybe they are just the best carvings they could do there at the time to depict things they saw around them there, like primates, rhinos or possibly even just a chameleon too.

BTW.,..this has already been posted a couple of years ago on ATS: Older post

I have no idea what what carving are above and below the stegosaurus its hard to say maybe its just carvings of things from there imagination..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Cambodia is a great trip, especially if you take the road in fromThailand. Angkor Wat is well worth the trip, one of the worlds great sites. Fishing in the Tonle Sap was also a highlight.

But back on topic, Stegies running around Cambodia, possible but .............rather improbable

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hi there, not trying to thread hijack, but there has been some good discussion on this topic here on several threads, including this one- www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still think it's the real deal...

My bad Signals, but i think its ok to bring it up again its a neat subject..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Cambodia is a great trip, especially if you take the road in fromThailand. Angkor Wat is well worth the trip, one of the worlds great sites. Fishing in the Tonle Sap was also a highlight.

But back on topic, Stegies running around Cambodia, possible but .............rather improbable

I love to fish did you get to go fishing while you were there? and what kind of fish did you catch ? A trip like that would rock my world id love to go..I doubt Stegosaurus were running around Cambodia,but ya never know
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haites
what i believe as do many others is that Angkor Watt and various other sites around the world are leftovers from previous civilizations or rather what survived. i mean hundredths of thousands of years. im not saying Angkor Watt is 400,000 years old but its older than what we believe.

these civilizations didn't perish because of lack of food,warfare,weather they perished because of planet x or niburu.

as the survivors of these civilizations struggled for hundreds of years in the aftermath of Nibiru's passing. they forgot who and where they came from.

what remained is these temples kind of buildings. they where either reoccupied (Egypt, south america) or simply forgotten about.

Why did the ancients use stone for lodging rather than an easier source such as wood. well we know they did use things such as wood ropes canvas but none of these can stand up to Niburu's passing save these stone buildings which did survive.

and i believe local legend about angkor watt says it was built a long long time ago.

it is believed to be built in the 12th century but i think it was just repaired majorly.

Haites,Thank you for posting i will have to look at the video later my computer seems to be running like a snail the video just keeps buffering ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I will have to disagree, it is impossible for stegosaurus to be found in present age.
They dissapeared from the fossil record 150 million years ago and were only around for five million yrs. It was also a north american and European species and has never been found in Asia.
It was gone for 90 million years before chixillub.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

My bad Signals, but i think its ok to bring it up again its a neat subject..peace,sugarcookie1

Absolutely it deserves more discussion...

Reminds me of the Glenn Rose TX human/dino prints side-by-side.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Absolutely it deserves more discussion...

The Glenn Rose TX human/dino prints are amazing but many think there a fraud and the locals produced them but i think differently they look like the real deal to me ..But id like to add one of the daughters i think a local said she was the creator of the prints and admitted they were fake there are so many stories to this site just like Ta Prohm Temple ..peace,sugarcookie1.

edit on 26-1-2012 by sugarcookie1 because: oops

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Once it becomes a known fact that solar bombardment has changed and is changing all radioactivity in its system, many things will be rethought.

Meaning that the actual approximations given by carbon dating are way off, on the other hand it has been observed that the planet has gone through several "bombardment phases" and that in every one of those phases, radioactivity had been altered in some fashion, sometimes the changes have been minimal, and at other times profound changes occurred.

We cannot have complete certainty regarding the age of several ancient sites.

That resembles a Stegosaur, without the shadow of a doubt, how or why did they really put it there no one will ever know with our "current understanding" of things, one day we will know, but we wont be the same, and it wont matter.

Findings like these seriously dent the order of the scientific agenda,the order of reality must be maintained above all, things like these are never take seriously, and will never be take further, and will always be discarded as mere curiosities, when IMHO, this could alter the course of history. (not only this, there are many examples out there that somehow hint at a very different distant past.)
edit on 27-1-2012 by TheOneEyedProphet because: (no reason given)

On further study, the carving a t the very bottom of the same pillar should be considered even more awesome than the "stegosaurus" itself!

That demon being has no shame whatsoever!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneEyedProphet
Once it becomes a known fact that solar bombardment has changed and is changing all radioactivity in its system, many things will be rethought.

Meaning that the actual approximations given by carbon dating are way off, on the other hand it has been observed that the planet has gone through several "bombardment phases" and that in every one of those phases, radioactivity had been altered in some fashion, sometimes the changes have been minimal, and at other times profound changes occurred.

We cannot have complete certainty regarding the age of several ancient sites.

That resembles a Stegosaur, without the shadow of a doubt, how or why did they really put it there no one will ever know with our "current understanding" of things, one day we will know, but we wont be the same, and it wont matter.

Findings like these seriously dent the order of the scientific agenda,the order of reality must be maintained above all, things like these are never take seriously, and will never be take further, and will always be discarded as mere curiosities, when IMHO, this could alter the course of history. (not only this, there are many examples out there that somehow hint at a very different distant past.)

On further study, the carving a t the very bottom of the same pillar should be considered even more awesome than the "stegosaurus" itself!

That demon being has no shame whatsoever!

Thanks for posting.I think all the carving are a bit weird and yes the one on the bottom needs to cover up a bit
I don't think we will ever know if the carving is a stegosaurus it could be anything maybe its a hippo and the things along the back is just a decoration to fill in the open spots ..If we do ever figure it all out im sure it wont be in my lifetime so i don't think im going to worry about it..But its neat to sit and wonder what it is and means..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I remember a thread on this identical subject around the time I first became really active on ATS.

As people used to say in the days when cinemas showed the same film over and over again all day long, and you could buy a ticket, go inside and stay for as long as one wanted: this is where I came in.

Time to go out into the real world again, methinks.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So then by this line of thinking, if they decided to carve unicorns and fairies in the wall, then obviously those creatures to must have existed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join