It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stegosaurus carving at 800 year old Ta Prohm Temple in Cambodia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Yes and no. ancient humans thought differently than us, we have very little in common with them, culturally and most important , semantically.

We give meaning to things in ways that are completely different, what you are commenting has been the basis of thousands of studies regarding the meaning of several ancient pieces, this is an issue of interpreting what they wanted to depict and in there lies the problem! what did they really mean! a mystery if there ever was one!

cheers!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I remember a thread on this identical subject around the time I first became really active on ATS.

As people used to say in the days when cinemas showed the same film over and over again all day long, and you could buy a ticket, go inside and stay for as long as one wanted: this is where I came in.

Time to go out into the real world again, methinks.

Ive seen the same thing myself i call it groundhog day
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Discussed here many times.

The block is not an original one (as you can see from the color) -- it's a "repair" block that was carved in modern times.

Stegosaurus does not look like that (head's too big, for one thing.)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
reply to post by sugarcookie1

So then by this line of thinking, if they decided to carve unicorns and fairies in the wall, then obviously those creatures to must have existed?

I didn't say they existed ..Im thinking the carving is what they saw for that time period maybe they saw a fossil and decided to put that on a carving or a artistic rendering of a hippo.. As much as it would be nice to be true, I have my doubts this is a Stegosaurus ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

I had no idea it was decided to be a "repair" block im going to have to find a link to that finding..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hehe check out this funny video

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
hehe check out this funny video

That was a funny video thanks for shareing and he did have alot of good points..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Since the fossils of dinosaurs were not found until the 1800s, this 800 year old carving seems to imply that the Stegosaurus still lived around that time. If true, this would totally contradict the theory of evolution which states that the dinosaurs went extinct 60 million years ago. Creationists believe man and dinosaur were both created in the first week of creation and co existed for some time, perhaps up to more recently than imagined . So it would easily be possible that people could have seen a live Stegosaurus and made this image as a result.

Since the evolutionists could never accept this, they have put forth alternative theories about this carving - That it is a hedgehog or water buffalo in front of a bush, or is a chameleon, or that the ridges were added later on, or that the whole carving is recent, or that the King in 1191 A.D. had dinosaur fossils. These theories are possible but have good arguments against them.

However it is true that the head of this creature is larger and with horns unlike the known Stegosaurus.

Ehhhhhh no, it won't contradict evolution, evolution is about how life changes in time, is not about how and why dinosaurs went extinct, that was a meteorite fault, a celestial body, astronomy, you know, a field that don't have a relationship with biology that is another different field.

Even if we found a dinosaur alive today it wont contradict anything about evolution, nothing at all, the only thing books would need to change is something like "most dinosaur went extinct 60 millions years ago but some species remain alive until today", that's all, a foot note.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Since the fossils of dinosaurs were not found until the 1800s, this 800 year old carving seems to imply that the Stegosaurus still lived around that time. If true, this would totally contradict the theory of evolution which states that the dinosaurs went extinct 60 million years ago. Creationists believe man and dinosaur were both created in the first week of creation and co existed for some time, perhaps up to more recently than imagined . So it would easily be possible that people could have seen a live Stegosaurus and made this image as a result.

Since the evolutionists could never accept this, they have put forth alternative theories about this carving - That it is a hedgehog or water buffalo in front of a bush, or is a chameleon, or that the ridges were added later on, or that the whole carving is recent, or that the King in 1191 A.D. had dinosaur fossils. These theories are possible but have good arguments against them.

However it is true that the head of this creature is larger and with horns unlike the known Stegosaurus.

Ehhhhhh no, it won't contradict evolution, evolution is about how life changes in time, is not about how and why dinosaurs went extinct, that was a meteorite fault, a celestial body, astronomy, you know, a field that don't have a relationship with biology that is another different field.

Even if we found a dinosaur alive today it wont contradict anything about evolution, nothing at all, the only thing books would need to change is something like "most dinosaur went extinct 60 millions years ago but some species remain alive until today", that's all, a foot note.

Well i have to say that would be the find of the centery "most dinosaur went extinct 60 millions years ago but some species remain alive until today", that's all, a foot note. peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This gave me shivers down my spine! Does anybody know of any other reliefs in other ancient sites that look eerily similar to dinosaurs? I'd love to see them.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForbiddenHologram
This gave me shivers down my spine! Does anybody know of any other reliefs in other ancient sites that look eerily similar to dinosaurs? I'd love to see them.

Hi ForbiddenHologram..I dont know of any but im sure there is but it is kinda neat isnt it ? peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join