It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights on UFo's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Something Ihave often wondered - why are there lights on UFO's?

Could it be EBE's wanting to be seen?

Could it be government owned UFO's wanting to be seen and interpreted as EBE's?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I've thought about this too...

why do they have the lights.. red, green etc.... are they warning lights on thier ships, you know like the ones we use on planes etc...

any ET's here who can answer this for us ?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Didn't you see Close Encounters?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anti-collision lights, yes. Maybe they represent some kind of optical scanners? Maybe the EBE craft designers are just festive?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Yes, but how many UFO sightings have also included the person hearing musical notes.....

j/k

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Lights are for other foolz in the air to see them and not to crash in them.

*dooh*

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Originally posted by mpeake

Yes, but how many UFO sightings have also included the person hearing musical notes.....

j/k

I see, you have been watching old sci-fi movies lately, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i reckon its so they can see where they are going. they might get picked on by their families if they drive their ufo's into a mountain and wreck it

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The only explination that I can give for the lights are that they are mandated by the alien form of the government just like our planes must have lights. Though with the need for lights, wouldn't there be some form of clear window(s) on the craft? Not much sence of having lights if you can't see out and use them.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Man that's creepy I was just thinking about starting this same thread.

I believe some supposition is needed when entertaining why lights on ufos.

Supposing that aliens exist, alternate realities exist and not only does our government (and others) possess alien technology they are currently adapting it (back engineering it) for use in the future.

A lot to suppose I know, but stick with me.

1) Extra-terrestrials. If they are as advanced as we believe from the stories we here, and they are here secretly they would not need lights on their ship. Maybe they need them when on their home planet but they certainly would have the technology to detect and move out of the way of any terrestrial craft of missile so why use lights? In terms of not wanting anything to crash into them, well again their technology should be advanced enough to where it's not needed.

Maybe in a heavy flying saucer traffic area like an extra-terrestrial version of LAX they'd need them as landing lights, but why would they need them here. they don't want to be seen or they'd have landed long ago, so Aliens doesn't seem to be a good explanation.

2)Interdimensional craft. If these are just the basic form of air travel from another dimension then I can see landing lights and other things like that, but why out of all the myriad dimensions to visit would you come here, unless by accident. I know we'd like to think we're interesting, but I would assume that if other dimensions turn out to be real our little universe would probably be considered boring. So to me that rules out inter-dimensional craft.

3) Back engineered or next-gen terrestrial technology. this makes sense. If it's next gen tech, then landing and signal lights would make sense. this is something terrestrial pilots know to look for and avoid. To assume our same system would be used on other planets or in other dimensions may be far fetched. An alien civilization may use a completely different system.

So, if you're developing next generation/NWO floating, flying vehicles then landing lights make sense.

I just don't think a truly superior civilization needs their landing lights on when "covertly" floating above a city.

My basic instinct is that anything with lights is ours or at the most inter-dimensional. Which would really be something cool in itself huh?

If you see a UFO hovering over your apartment late at night without lights then you might be looking at an E.T. craft.

Again this is my opinion but I find it hard to believe aliens need their lights on when hovering over our cities, especially considering how easy it would be for them to just move out of the way of an approaching vehicle.

Now I personally haven't seen enough prove either way to convince me of the existence of E.T.'s but I am a firm believer in extra-dimensions as a plausible idea. And I also believe that the government weapons and vehicle research is about fifty to sixty years ahead of what we currently know. Meaning stuff they're testing now would certainly look out of this world to us.

Spiderj

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Interesting question. If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it is because they like to trick out their rides.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
come on now, i thought they were parking lights....

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah I always thought they looked a bit too much like a disco dance floor, aka the l8 70's when close encounters & fancy running lights met the Bee Gees.
Also seen something about the light and color of, having something to do with the propulsion and the movement/speed. Like red when moving away at gr8 speed and blue when coming towards.....something to do with the visual version of doppler...or whatever.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well the guy asks a question and the sarcasm flows. Anyone have anything contructive to add.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Has to be man-made. I don't see why aliens would need lights, let alone with the same lighting scheme. Red, blue, and green lights are all for our aircraft. Now if they had Purple, orange, and brown, there might be something interesting, but I'd still say that it's man-made. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Perhaps goverment knows of their visitation, requires lights on all "marked" craft. People that see lights think helicopter, plane, etc... not many think UFO.

Lights are a "cover" so the populace doesnt think much.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
To give a serious answer....

Has no one considered that these "lights" might be a byproduct of their propulsion system/drive? Maybe the glow comes from one of the various energy sources. It's unknown technology, we don't know if it would give off light or not.

Look at one of our aircraft or spacecraft. Many of them have unidentified "lights" on them that aren't intentionally placed. Glow of an engine, lights from inside the cockpit, etc.

Even if some of these lights are intentionally placed on the UFOs, that doesn't mean they are manmade. These objects are obviously NOT hiding from the general public...in fact it seems that they want to be seen. Lights are definately a good way to get someone's attention.

SMR

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Perhaps they are just what many think,,,,,coding/signals
Maybe as we sit here and ask this question,there are those (GOV officials)) who already know that they are signals as to locations they will be.Maybe signals for anything.Like morse code?
Rather than 'beep beep beep beepbeeeeeep' as in morse code,the lights are a 'visual' morse code.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Okay, a few jokes seem to tick people off.
I can suggest reading material that covers all aspects of the nature and of the look and behavior of UFOs. Unconventional Flying Objects by Paul Hill. Paul Hill is a physicist who has an interest in the phenomena. It's well written and discusses everything from the type of drives possibly in use and why UFOs are the color they are. It's a bit of a hard read with all the hard science it throws at you, but it is interesting at the very least.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Well the guy asks a question and the sarcasm flows. Anyone have anything contructive to add.

Yeesh, I put a lot of consideration and thought into my reply...tough room, tough room.

There is also the possibility that if all ufo experience turn out to be some manifistation from a concious universe you could just be seeing what you think you should be seeing.

In an odd and of course off topic reference I go to my always helpful Simpsons Universe.

Homer having a hallucination about Caeser Chavez while protesting the move of the baseball team, Caeser Chavez appears to Homer and the dialogue went something like:

Homer: "Why do you look like Caeser Romero?"

Chavez: "Because you don't know what Caeser Chavez looks like."

We see what we need to see in order to make sense of the vision.

My money is still on next-gen tech.

Spiderj

top topics

<<   2 >>

join