It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lights on UFo's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Okay, a few jokes seem to tick people off.
I can suggest reading material that covers all aspects of the nature and of the look and behavior of UFOs. Unconventional Flying Objects by Paul Hill. Paul Hill is a physicist who has an interest in the phenomena. It's well written and discusses everything from the type of drives possibly in use and why UFOs are the color they are. It's a bit of a hard read with all the hard science it throws at you, but it is interesting at the very least.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

If I remember correctly Paul Hill mentioned something in his book about UFOs being surrounded in a plasma sheath. That's they seem to glow at night, but not during the day.

Lil' bit off topic, but am I the only one that finds the idea that UFOs are just secret government aircraft completely absurd?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Oh Great and Furry Poacher-

I think they could be gov't secert craft, sure. I was under the impression that the glow could be seen during the day, but not as bright. In the day the effect that was more apparent was a distortion of lightwaves around the craft, much like your avatar's cloaked B.o.P.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
A theroy.

They arnt lights in a human sence but part of the hull of the ship, they run an energy through the hull that reacts to it and lights up.

or something like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
A theroy.

They arnt lights in a human sence but part of the hull of the ship, they run an energy through the hull that reacts to it and lights up.

Hmm. That's an interesting theory. After all, it's unknown technology, who knows how it works?

To qualify my earlier off topic thing, I should have said "all UFOs" instead of "UFOs".

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Since I've had no personal experience with the phenomenon (I've met no known aliens and haven't seen anything that was so strange that it couldn't be interpreted as man-made or natural) I can't comment with any authority.

However, I've always thought that blinking lights would be a dead giveaway that whatever it is, it's probably not alien. What useful purpose would blinking lights serve on an interstellar/intergalactic/interdimensional craft? But then, who knows?

Another thing is, IF we were visited by an alien presence, it might or might not "see" in the sense we do. It may naturally be sensitive to light frequencies out of our visible range. In which case, why would they include lights on their vehicle that they aren't even sesitive to?

Another thing I've always wondered is, if an entity is advanced enough to navigate the vast distances of intergalactic space or is capable of experiencing and maneuvering through dimensions it would not ordnarily be able to sense, would it do so in some clumsy metal ship that is prone to mechanical failure and physical damage? I wouldn't know, but I would hope that whatever it is would find a better means. Metal ships seem crude to me. A space bubble might be more likely. I don't know.

So, after writing all this, I guess I have nothing really to add. All I can say is, "never mind" ...

[edit on 9/15/2004 by netbound]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
Oh Great and Furry Poacher-

I think they could be gov't secert craft, sure. I was under the impression that the glow could be seen during the day, but not as bright. In the day the effect that was more apparent was a distortion of lightwaves around the craft, much like your avatar's cloaked B.o.P.

I pretty much concur with this statement completely. There are a lot of craft flying around that are likely the air forces�. There are some unidentified craft, and I�m guessing the one that I saw, no government operation is going to make claim that it is theirs. ET ownership is a completely different story...

Additionally I think that a lot of the sightings of lights that are grouped, combining, chasing each other etc. could be from such a fielded craft. Whether this effect is a cause of distance, or the field taking a wider footprint is just speculation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join