It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon: inexplicable phenomena. Luna Cognita video.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
A naive person might think one of the two black areas under the white spot might be a shadow because of the way the image is cropped.

Where do you think the shadow would fall if the object actually existed above the lunar surface?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

The shadow obviously wouldn't be directly under the supposed object.We can see the image has a low angel of light originating behind the camera, like most photographers choose, to have the light source like the sun behind them taking images, the shadow should be projected away from us, not directly under a floating spec.

Full image

The spec and a dark image, are totally unrelated.

Same image is another spec with an apparent shadow going a different direction than the light source direction, spec and apparent shadow unrelated.

Another spec on the image, no shadow.

Example of how dirty the image is.

Ooo, a tower, no, a streak.

Another one.

Lots of dirt, specs, needs a can of air.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Good post,

You managed to do all that without having a dig at anyone - there was the bit about the towers, but I do that sometimes too.

As a senior, I don't always have the time to research every strange thing I find when I'm doing my selenography work, and I would be more willing to contribute my strange finds to the amateur research communities if I could get more responses like yours.

It would be really nice to post something I came across while looking at a crater and have someone who is interested in this stuff do the sort of analysis you just did. I like craters, you guys like UFOs; I find 'ufo' while looking at craters and post it, then you get to analyze a possible UFO/put the kibosh on it if it isn't - this is win-win,but sadly there are too many non-contributors clogging up the works.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
Where do you think the shadow would fall if the object actually existed above the lunar surface?
It's not obvious if you look at the cropped image. It should be obvious if you look at the other image I posted, the uncropped image. It was apparent to Illustronic:

Originally posted by Illustronic
The shadow obviously wouldn't be directly under the supposed object.We can see the image has a low angel of light originating behind the camera

Exactly. The craters in the uncropped image tell us the angle that the cropped image doesn't really reveal. However if someone looks at the uncropped image and can see it's obvious that the sun is at a low angle behind the camera, I'm not sure why a whole lot of analysis is needed. Obviously the shadow of any object above the moon's surface would fall at the same angle as the shadows we see on the craters.

I like the way you pointed out the other white blemish, I noticed that also.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I just want to clarify that the low angle of light behind the photographer is coincidental, and not chosen. It looks like an orbital picture, and we all know all of the Apollo lunar missions were carried out to land during the lunar mornings, making all Apollo images taken with low angles of light to avoid the high surface heat of the mid lunar day. The position of the sun behind the camera in this instance was coincidentally planned, because they were only there in the mornings. Of course in orbit one would experience all angles of light, but in this instance its very apparent the angle is low.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

You may see many 'anomalies' on the moon, in craters, and anywhere. Upper rocket fuel stages follow the spacecrafts to the moon, with no guidance some have impacted the moon, some are still in solar orbit, there may even be some debris captured in lunar orbit, with eventual deterioration of lunar orbit and eventual crash. China's Chang'e 1 is on the lunar surface, as JAXA's SELENE orbital probe, India's Chandrayaan 1 is due to crash on the moon currently if it already hasn't. The Russian Lunokhods are still on the moon, LRO has found the Lunokod 2 and imaged it.

Lunokhod 2 final resting place.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Other Object that cast shadow and trail on lunar surface in this video by Luna Cognita.

Image cropped from video

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Image cropped from video

This "object" appears to be brighter than the background. Why would it be casting a shadow rather than illuminating the ground bright blue?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by Arken

Image cropped from video

This "object" appears to be brighter than the background. Why would it be casting a shadow rather than illuminating the ground bright blue?

Hmmm...
Something like this one?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hmmm...
Something like this one?

What's "this one?"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I really hope that none of this activity up there is on or near my lunar property
I went and bought 3 acres by the sea of vapours from lunar republic cost me 18 bucks, just for a laugh, and on the off chance that it might turn out to be legit one day, I will be laughing all the way to the sea of tranquility and the deeds look really cool hanging on my wall so I hope no one is up there now tearing around stirring up all my regolith

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join