It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only In Canada you say ??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
Tm Horton's in the worst coffee i have ever tasted in my life, and that includes old 4am truck stop coffee in the middle of nebraska.

20k customers every 4 hours would disagree in my small city of 100k.

I'm not a big fan, but Tims has a lot of good drive-thru gourmet sweets, but it's definitely the most popular franchise where I live.

I thank the random number generator that put me in Canada, albeit the rainiest, foggiest, snowiest, windiest, and most cloudy city in the country, I am still thankful.

edit on 2/5/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by luciddream

Just WTH is a smartie?
Is it fruity, chocolaty, Etc.?
Looks alot like a skittle, or m&m or reeses pieces.

They are just m&m's, we have smarties in the UK too. The only difference is that Smarties are made by "Nestle" and m&m's are made by "Mars".

Smarties are a little flatter ( saucer shaped) and a little bit softer. And they will melt in your hand a little, making for a colourful palm, unlike M&Ms.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz

Tm Horton's in the worst coffee i have ever tasted in my life, and that includes old 4am truck stop coffee in the middle of nebraska.

one fifth of your entire city goes to the same coffee shop every four hours?

Also, if you have to put tons of cream and sugar in it, it's bad coffee.

edit on 2-5-2012 by stanguilles7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by luciddream

Just WTH is a smartie?
Is it fruity, chocolaty, Etc.?
Looks alot like a skittle, or m&m or reeses pieces.

They are just m&m's, we have smarties in the UK too. The only difference is that Smarties are made by "Nestle" and m&m's are made by "Mars".

We have smarties in the states too.

But they are a totally different thing:

upload.wikimedia.org...

(although now I'm totally confused because those are 'american smarties' that say they are made in Canada. WTF?)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

one fifth of your entire city goes to the same coffee shop every four hours?

Also, if you have to put tons of cream and sugar in it, it's bad coffee

I'm not a fan, like I said, haha, but yes, one fifth visits the various 16 shops in town every four hours. The elderly have turned those places into a hang out.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Now this as got to be a once in a lifetime ONLY IN CANADA

news.yahoo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
95-year-old woman bags moose with 1 shot

www.cbc.ca...

edit on 27-9-2012 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I thank the random number generator that put me in Canada, albeit the rainiest, foggiest, snowiest, windiest, and most cloudy city in the country, I am still thankful.

Canadians sure know how to appreciate those few days when it isn't any of the above.
We recognize a good day when we see it. lol

3/4 of the year it's nearly impossible to sit outside in shorts,
enjoying the 1/4 right now, but it's quickly coming to an end.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Canadians sure know how to appreciate those few days when it isn't any of the above.
We recognize a good day when we see it. lol

3/4 of the year it's nearly impossible to sit outside in shorts,
enjoying the 1/4 right now, but it's quickly coming to an end.

You said it. It's dropping down to 5C at night where I live and we're just going into October. I predict a cold one coming.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why in the world is this thread NAKED of this video! OUR OFFICIAL NATIONAL ANTHEM!

and THIS????

edit on 29-10-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
and we have LOCO LOCASS

on a vraiment pas la langue dans notre poche

tout le temp le poing din air !
comparer charest pis son ti doigt din air

======
and we really dont have our tongue in our pockets
always the fist in the air !
compare to charest with his little finger in the air

edit on 10/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Canada Arm, Used aboard a whole variety of space missions.

The first production plane to break the sound barrier was an F-86 Canadair Sabre with the first 'supersonic' woman pilot, Jacqueline Cochran, at the controls, although this aircraft was not designed with regular supersonic flights in mind

on may 18th 1953 Jacqueline Cochran, was in California, she exceeded 1270 km/h in a dive, and thus became the first woman to exceed the speed of sound.

Canada is the second largest country in the world.

Highest tides in the world occur in the bay of fundy, New Brunswick.

Ottawa, Canada is the second coldest capital in the world.

Canada has the longest coastline of any country in the world at 243,977 kilometers – 151,600 miles.

The longest highway in the world is the Trans-Canada Highway which is over 7604 kilometers (4725 miles) in length

Half of the country is covered with forests, which should come as no surprise considering one-tenth of the world’s forests are here.

Wasaga beach is the longest fresh water beach in the world.

Despite being a huge country, Canada has the fourth lowest population density in the world, with only three people living per square kilometer! Almost half of the population in Canada were born in other countries.

Nakwakto Rapids, Port Hardy’s legendary dive destination, boasts the strongest current in the world – with speeds of up to 18.4 miles per hour.

Manitoulin Island is the largest freshwater island in the world.

Two of the largest lakes in the world are found in the Northwest Territories – Great Bear Lake and Great Slave Lake.

The average life expectancy at birth is 81.16 years – the sixth highest in the world.

128,000 Canadian households have TV’s in the bathroom.

There have been 10 Nobel Prize laureates in Canada

James Till and Ernest McCulloch are credited with the discovery of the stem cell.

The Moosehead Brewery in Saint John, New Brunswick turns out 1,642 bottles of beer per minute.
The beer named after Canada is called Molson Canadian. Founded in Montreal in 1786, Molson Coors Canada is the oldest brewery in North America and continues to produce beer on the site of the original brewery

Canadians drink more fruit juice per capita than any other country.

The CN Tower in Toronto was the world’s tallest free standing structure until 2007.

Canada is the largest producer of uranium in the world.( you wonder why we are such good friends with the US.)

Some of the world’s largest wheat fields are found in Saskatchewan.

Canada is the world’s largest source of the rare element Cesium. It is found at Bernic Lake, Manitoba.

The US buys more oil from Canada than any other country.

North America's earliest undisputed evidence of human activity, 20,000-year-old stone tools and animal bones have been found in caves on the Bluefish River in northern Yukon

Canadians invented, Kerosene, the electron microscope, the electronic organ the IMAX film system, the snowmobile, and the electric cooking range

Cryptozoologists claim that Canada is the home of several cryptids, including Sasquatch, a giant sloth-like creature known as the beaver-eater, a cannibalistic wildman named Windigo, and a number of lake monsters, such as Ogopogo in Lake Okanagan, British Columbia.( I like to think some of these creatures are the result of tuesday morning hockey night hangover on the way to tim hortons)

The natives of eastern Canada tell several stories of a mythical giant named Glooscap, who carved out many of the region's natural features to help him overcome his evil twin brothers. It is believed that these Glooscap stories might be the origin of many of the Paul Bunyan legends.

Manitou Lake on Manitoulin Island in Lake Huron is the world's largest lake within a lake

Vancouver Canada is tied with Zurich Switzerland for the highest quality of life of any city in the world.

Canada has the 9th largest economy in the world.

Of all of the world's producers of natural gas, copper, zinc, nickel, aluminum, and gold, Canada is in the top five.

5th largest energy producer. Please, Americans no need to thank us for all the energy we provide you, but if you must you can form a line.... here...

Oh yeah... Canadian

edit on 30-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Here UFO don't land in our back yard

www.google.ca... 2.12.0.0.0.0.680.4123.0j3j4j1j1j3.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.17.img.hISJ1wgQxZM
edit on 20-6-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

ufoupdateslist.com...
edit on 20-6-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

1. Smarties (not sold in the USA )

Sure they are. You have no idea what you are talking about...

Smarties produced by Smarties Candy Company Union Township, Union County, New Jersey, plant have a slightly different taste than those which are produced by their Newmarket, Ontario, plant. Some people believe that the Canadian candies (branded as Rockets) generally taste stronger, with more noticeable differences between the various color flavors, and say "Made in Canada" on the label after the list of ingredients. Canadian made Smarties are also imported into the US - typically, these Canadian Smarties are most commonly seen around Halloween, imported only when the US production is not sufficient for demand. These actually say "Made in Canada" under one of the main Smarties logos on the wrapper. These Canadian made Smarties have a slightly smoother look to them than US production - the US produced ones tend to have more colored "specks" present in them. US produced ones are also somewhat harder/crunchier than those from Canada.

2. Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp (not sold in the USA )

Wrong again!

In May 2009 Coffee Crisp was being exported into the US market by British Wholesale Imports

3. The size of our footballs fields, one less down, and bigger balls.

So, you can't catch a REAL football? And you don't mean soccer, do you?

4. Baseball is Canadian - 1st game June 4, 1838 - Ingersoll, ON

Beachville, ON actually, but there are earlier references:

The earliest known reference to baseball is in a 1744 British publication, A Little Pretty Pocket-Book, by John Newbery.

5. Lacrosse is Canadian

You can have it...silly game.

6. Hockey is Canadian

Yep, one for you there.

7. Basketball is Canadian

Ahh...I see what you're doing here. It was started in America (by a Canadian American). Still started in America, so no point here! Foul!

8. Apple pie is Canadian

Nope.

English apple pie recipes go back to the time of Chaucer.

9. Mr. Dress-up beats Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers was an associate of Mr. Coombs (Mr. Dressup). Fred would totally mop the floor with Ernie in a fight though, so not sure what you mean by "beats" unless you mean he came on TV first (he did).

10. Tim Hortons beats Dunkin' Donuts

Krispy Kreme smokes 'em both....

11. In the war of 1812, started by Americans, Canadians pushed the Americans back past their White House.
Then we burned it, and most of Washington ...
We got bored because they ran away.
Then, we came home and partied....
Go figure.

You weren't even Canadians then, you were the British, just as we were before the Revolutionary War.

12. Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany .

My condolences.

13. We have the largest English population that never Ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere. EVER!

Made up of English who ran away TO Canada!

14. Our civil war was fought in a bar and lasted a little over an hour.

Too busy coming up with things to do with sticks and balls no doubt...

15. The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, he slept in and missed the whole thing
He showed up just in time to get caught.

It was Canada. He had nothing else to do.

16. A Canadian invented Standard Time.

Now you are going to try and take credit for TIME?

17. The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the world's oldest company.

That area was all empty land for the most part....

18. The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.
(That's more information than I need!)

Do they care if the human is Canadian or not?

19. We know what to do with the parts of a buffalo.

And we don't? The Native Americans would strongly disagree....

20. We don't marry our kin-folk....

Oh, I'll bet your mountain folk do...

21. We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, Velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin and the telephone..
Also short wave radios which save countless lives each year.

Velcro was developed by a Swiss engineer. Zippers were debuted in Chicago. Penicillin was discovered by a Scottish scientist.

(ran out of characters, hehe)
edit on 20-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That brought me some laughs

And was factual too

As Boris Johnson would say :

Very nice

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Now that one way to start on a early tan
And I bet you the sauna is not too far

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Now make sure you mark this day for next year if your in Vancover

Here more picture a lot of guy's with smile on there face

Go Topless’ demonstration causes Vancouver chaos as camera-wielding voyeurs descend on scene
news.nationalpost.com...
edit on 27-8-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

You forgot about text messaging as well!

Sure, we do have our flaws like any other nation, But honestly there is no other place in the world that I would like to live. With our Cultural Diversity, Our beautiful landscapes, our abundance of resources, luscious crops that are FAMOUS World wide (both Legal and illegal), How could you not love Canada??

Seriously, all you haters should come up to Canada and see for your self. I have met hundreds of people over the years that come here for a vacation or for a visit and they ended up moving here.

I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Will have to look for one of these when i go oversea

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Wait a second.....

We got through 4 pages of Canada's significance in the world without mentioning this little issue?

Got some explaining to do Canada!

Just kidding, Go Canada!!

Peace
edit on 21-9-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join