It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is CIRFU? You may not want to know.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
On the heels of the Megaupload seizure, (after the tabling of SOPA and PIPA,) I was curious, and did a little research on this. How it's done, and who did it.

First I pulled up the whois for megaupload.com:

Whois Server Version 2.0 Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered with many different competing registrars. Go to www.internic.net... for detailed information. Domain Name: MEGAUPLOAD.COM Registrar: DOTREGISTRAR, LLC. Whois Server: whois.dotster.com Referral URL: www.dotster.com... Name Server: NS5.CIRFU.NET Name Server: NS6.CIRFU.NET Status: clientDeleteProhibited Status: clientTransferProhibited Status: clientUpdateProhibited Status: serverDeleteProhibited Status: serverTransferProhibited Status: serverUpdateProhibited Updated Date: 20-jan-2012 Creation Date: 21-mar-2005 Expiration Date: 21-mar-2014 >>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:21:52 UTC Last update of whois database: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:27:26 UTC

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Disregard....

edit on 1/24/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Seriously? 12 flags and no comments?

I guess you guys didn't want to know this......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How long before this whois:

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to www.internic.net...
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ABOVETOPSECRET.COM
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: registrar.godaddy.com...
Name Server: NS0.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS1.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS2.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS3.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Name Server: NS4.DNSMADEEASY.COM
Updated Date: 22-apr-2007
Creation Date: 18-may-1997
Expiration Date: 19-may-2015

>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:32:04 UTC Last update of whois database: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 01:32:04 UTC

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The last article doesn't mention identity theft... it says " They identify cybercrime trends and technologies". Also... Copyright infringement is a crime, If committed online i would think it would be classified as a cyber crime.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Do these websites look familiar?

2nd

ETA: I would post a screenshot but I am mobile...

edit on 1/24/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
[[Cricket]] [[Cricket]]

I appreciate you finding this information and bringing it to light.

Cat got some tongues tonight?

Well, we all agree this is absolutely disgusting. And your right, this can happen tomorrow. How can we stop this though? This isnt like SOPA and PIPA, this isnt going to spread like wildfire so people can get up in arms about it.

WHAT DO WE DO?????

They are literally trying to take control over every single move we make, just to lock us up for it later

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Cat got some tongues tonight?

It's a one site at a time takedown, with the threat of being shut down, or complying.

I do realize this is a very touchy subject, and as soon as the FBI is mention backing CIRFU, you SHOULD be quite. Can't they already get all your personal information off FaceBook? FB is complying with whatever is asked of them. They freely give member information to any enforcement agency.

Where is it going? I seriously don't know. The FEAR factor weighs heavily. On everyone.
edit on 1/24/12 by Druid42 because: grr. spelling.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
OP ...if you're so inclined...I was beginning to do some research on all the similar bills to SOPA/PIPA in other countries that are trying to make them come to fruition. There are a lot all of a sudden, Canada, Japan, Australia and many more...all for piracy and copyright protection...all at once...coincidence?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What does this mean?they are monitoring these sites or controlling them?

Regards to all

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FeatheredSerpent

They pwn them

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Piracy and copyright has been an issue since the creation of the BBS. Pre-internet. I know of user-groups that would meet and "trade" software for the Commodore 64. It was the ONLY way to get new software for your piddly 64kb ram system. There was no hard drive or flash drive then, just a blank (740 kb) 5 1/4" floppy disk. People tell me it took 4 disks for one app, and 20 minutes to copy one disk. WAY before CIRFU.

All the countries you mentioned, and now they are concerned about copyright, an issue that has been going on since before the advent of the internet? Please.

ATS could be "re-directed" because I posted a "quote" from a popular movie, without permission from the "author". If CIRFU can build a case, and get a warrant, beware.

This is a tricky subject to address.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Great work, Op.

The truth hurts, which is why many people would rather stick their heads in the sand.
This information should come as no surprise. They are watching all websites. They want everyone to comply. We already know they watch and record The Drudge Report as well as other sites. They've already made an example of Megaupload. I'm wondering what their next play will be.

Myb w nd t strt wrtng wtht vwls s thr cmptr prgrms wll hv t wrk hrdr?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Tht wld dfntly mss p thr lgrthms fr tgs thy r srchng fr.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thy wld hv t spnd mr mny pyng shlls t wtch vr wbsts nd r dscssns.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Yes, either without vowels, or these sites like ats need to have some type of encryption that is shared some how when you join.

Yet even that would be difficult, since these guys would probably just join and obtain the same encryption code.

Oh well, guess we will just have to reinvent the internet and leave them out of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by herenow

Oh well, guess we will just have to reinvent the internet and leave them out of it.

That would be so great! Although, they are very gifted at infiltration and, as you mentioned above the quote I pasted, they would eventually join. They're like roaches.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by Druid42

Disregard....

What I meant to say in my previous post, and then thought better of the phrasing, was that we all know damn well that this is all being done at the direction of "certain" corporatists. It's not only about controlling competition. It's not that they *can't* compete; it's that they have no intention of bothering with competition because they now know that they'll eventually get their entire wish-list accomplished WITH or WITHOUT passing more restrictive laws.

The NDAA was key to this, and I think we well know who the invisible secret backers of that were. If it becomes necessary to resort to full oppression to get their way--well...

I doubt that those who are engineering this BS think of themselves as Fascists, but we really have to face this--and more than ever we have to start rooting out the real causes of the problem. They're not just going to put their money back in their pocket and walk away and leave us in peace at this late date....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Seriously though, it is difficult to know what to do. Once you sign up with any large corporation, be it phone, internet, or banking, you have agreed to give all you freedoms ( personal information) to the government.

All laws that are passed now are for corporations, so they gladly throw their hands in the air and give any thing to the government they ask for.

Any way, great job OP, alot of investigative work to prove what we all feared, and a clear view of what we have ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I am no expert, but it looks to me like Megaupload may have perhaps outlived its usefulness as a tool for intelligence gathering.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join