It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The cat that walks through walls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Evening all! Not sure whether this belongs in here or cryptozoology, but I think this one is more appropriate.

Earlier this evening, coming home from work. As part of the dance that is "try to get a parking space outside my g/f's house", I was obliged to do a couple of laps around before a space presented itself. As part of this lap, there is a small sideroad that links two larger roads together that you can go around in. This sideroad runs inbetween some highish walled gardens from the houses that are on the corner of the larger roads.

Anyhoo, I turn into this sideroad and spot a cat about to cross the road. Naturally I slow down and wait for the cat to cross, and the cat does that nonchalant brisk walk thing they do, all graceful and elegant but with their legs all a bit of a blur, across the road and, here's the good bit, straight into the wall.

No jumping up, no ducking down, straight through. I can still see, in my minds eye, the tail disappearing out of sight. Now, this road is quite narrow, only space for one car, even vans have problems with the width, no chance of a truck going down there, so knowing there is a cat lurking about, I'm scanning up and down the road as well as left and right, in case the cat is now coming towards or away from me along the run of the wall. Nowt, nada, zilch. No cat to be seen.

Ok, I didn't think anything immediately of it until I got to the part where the cat crossed. No gates, no holes under the walls, nothing even for 10 yards either side. Just plain wall, and the cat seemingly walked through it. I was so surprised at this point I almost forgot to stop for the junction at the end of this sideroad.

So then. Ghost cat? The ability to be in two places at once, betraying their quantum nature. (That special talent that cats have where you can let them out into the garden, and then go upstairs and they're fast asleep on the bed)? Or, just losing my marbles.

Have you experienced cats, or any animals for that matter, that defy nature and physics?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My first thought was a ghost cat. I had a friend in high school who said she used to see the ghost of a cat in her basement.

If it's not a ghost cat, maybe you saw the astral body of a cat roaming around the astral realms and you were just in the right place at the right time...?

Not sure, but an interesting story non-the-less! Thanks!

Much love,
OnewithAll

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Or, a third, and much more likely option, your losing your marbles.

As much as I'd like to believe that cats are magic and can walk through walls, i have a hard time.

If i had been you, and that had actually happened, I would have given chase to that furry freak, caught it by its tail, and chucked it at a cement wall repeatedly until it went through.

I then would have chucked it at the brick wall of my Universities science department. Nothing more empirical then a cat emerging from the wall in front of you and clawing ur face off.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
wow man that is wild.

my father once told me a story about a cat that we owned when i was a child, he said that upon waking once in the middle of the night he actually seen this cat, whose name was (ironically enough) midnight, literally flying about the bedroom. Now, of course this sounds preposterous but the only reason i give this story credance is due to the fact that (1) my dad was not the type to just straight up lie about something so abnormal and (2) he still sticks to the story, never having changed a word or detail. strange indeed, i, for one, belive cats are far more than they appear.
edit on 24-1-2012 by CagliostroTheGreat because: error

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
cat with cloaking device they have to test it on something
Really wierd tho I wouldnt know where to begin ?
I'd keep a lookout for that cat since you go often leave some scraps
and maybe try to catch something on video

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Cats. Who can figure them? Ghost cats (we have a few rambling around here at any given time, scaring the bejeezus out of our dwarf rabbits), normal everyday cats, barking cats, flipping Schrödinger's cat! Aren't they all the same cat!? lol Cats are like electrons: They know when they're being observed and behave differently. They hold a lot of secrets, more than their fair share.

Did you ask your g/f if this cat is known in the neighborhood?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
MY GF cat has been known to walk through walls, I didn't know what to believe at first 50/50, but since you made this post yes, i guess i am a believer now

cat name is Mr. Pitters

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I wish my cat could, then I wouldn't have to get up to let her in or out all the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Interesting and only more proof as to why I believe that spirits/ghosts are biological electromagnetic energy in nature.

Simply because what else do we know of that is electromagnetic AND is able to penetrate walls of structures.....?

Answer: Radio/Television/Cell Phone signals.

Why are they able to transcend physical boundaries ?

Because they are simply energy that in essence uses atoms as stepping stones.

It also correlates with what translates to us living and dying from a scientific perspective....and the cat.

.....Brain waves....also electromagnetic and only exist whilst we are declared as to be living.....but once absent from the body ....we are pronounced or declared as being dead.

But if we are Resuscitated via CPR and/or Defriblitation then the signals return creating our "Vital Signs".

Which are electrical signals....comprised of magnitude and frequency.

So the apparition you observed is really a form of a electro magnetic energy and in essence a Hologram and why apparitions being electromagnetic in nature are able to transcend the physical boundaries of our 3 dimensional world.

Peace

edit on 24-1-2012 by nh_ee because: Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
One evening I let my best mate Toby (dog) out into the garden. As I walked back through the house I found him fast asleep at the top of the stairs. That realy confused me. I looked at the clocks because I wondered whether I'd lost time or maybe I'd passed out for a while and didnt know about it but no, all was normal.

It aint just cats.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
One evening I let my best mate Toby (dog) out into the garden. As I walked back through the house I found him fast asleep at the top of the stairs. That realy confused me. I looked at the clocks because I wondered whether I'd lost time or maybe I'd passed out for a while and didnt know about it but no, all was normal.

It aint just cats.

thats interesting.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My experience is that cats are highly intuitive. They have a sense of things that we might not necessarily be consciously aware of.
There are some great stories about cats in Egyptian literature placing them as a sort of guard and protector in the after life. It really depends where your beliefs lay. If you have experienced enough to believe in a spirit existence then celebrate that your awareness has shifted long enough for you to be able to witness this animals passing by. BTW did it look at you?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Have you thought of touching the wall to see if maybe there was an illusion of some kind?

Its much more believable that you were just tired or are loosing it; but hey, it could just be some cool tech the cat can see through.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Who said humans were the only ones allowed to practice magic? Though I do believe you witnessed a ghost, you very well could have had one of this time slips where you were looking back in time in that spot where a cat crossed before the building was there. Either way, it sounds crazy to anyone who refuses to believe in the supernatural.
edit on 1/7/12 by Avalessa because: Typo

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by onewithall
My first thought was a ghost cat. I had a friend in high school who said she used to see the ghost of a cat in her basement.

If it's not a ghost cat, maybe you saw the astral body of a cat roaming around the astral realms and you were just in the right place at the right time...?

Not sure, but an interesting story non-the-less! Thanks!

Much love,
OnewithAll

I agree I too feel the OP has had a very real paranormal experience....and is not losing his.or her marbles.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My cat ghost story. I had a lilac point siamese named Epicenter. We bred her with another siamese. She had four kittens: Hurricane, Iridium, and Temblor. The fourth kitten we named Angel because she died shortly after birth. We buried her in the backyard.

A few weeks later I came out of our bedroom into the hallway and saw one of the white kittens licking herself right by the door to another bedroom. I thought that was kind of odd, but I went on downstairs where I saw Epicenter nursing her three remaining kittens.

A few weeks later we were in the living room and Epicenter was strolling around, jumping up and down off couches and counters, visibly upset, meowing and causing a ruckus that only siamese cats can do. The we had an earthquake (The Duvall quake in May, 1996, a 5.6) Epi then settled down and nursed her kittens.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I mentioned my dog Toby in post above.

Sadly old age caught up with him and it was time for the big sleep. Like you I buried him in the garden.
The next night a reel of masking tape fell of a shelf and rolled under a chair, I lifted the chair to find a photo of him and one of his chew toys. Floods of tears for about an hour.

I still hear him follow me about in the house, I still smell his bum pops, Has he realy gone?

He lives in my head now, safe.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Cats can do all sorts of cool things, as illustrated by Saturday Night Live many years ago....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Cats can do all sorts of cool things, as illustrated by Saturday Night Live many years ago....

^I loled . Good one.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
Or, a third, and much more likely option, your losing your marbles.

As much as I'd like to believe that cats are magic and can walk through walls, i have a hard time.

If i had been you, and that had actually happened, I would have given chase to that furry freak, caught it by its tail, and chucked it at a cement wall repeatedly until it went through.

I then would have chucked it at the brick wall of my Universities science department. Nothing more empirical then a cat emerging from the wall in front of you and clawing ur face off.

But to give chase would have him running smack into the wall...or maybe not. We don't know what was magical, the cat or the wall.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Aliensun because: tigger finger itchy tonite

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join