It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distance Healers unite to save the Planet

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by Toffeeapple

yep, two responses back to my skepticism
Folks, read the responses..you will see two negative responses back. So much for rising above it. The proper response would have been for them to send me loving and healing thoughts instead of falling into the negative pattern.

Healer..heal thyself.

I encouraged you to have a go even if you're sceptical. Please will you explain in what way you think my response was negative. You're not just trolling I hope?

Oh, I always am willing to give things of this nature a go..but due to my (non)understanding of the matter, I tend to go with what I know may sort of work.
You cannot dictate anothers future through your own desires..well, you can physically, but we are discussing matters of the intangable..a hypothesis.

Check this out:
My lets do the energy thing thread
A hypothesis, a good exercise, and not in a form that would alter individual mindsets...rather, a overall pattern.

So, I am not slamming the overall concepts of spirituality..just the newbie crystal gazing 101 types that think they can jedi mind trick some dude into doing the opposite of his nature.

People feed where they are comfortable...if you make an ample supply of positive energy, then people whom have positive aspects will grow that..but its their choice...and I would argue that a world leader is just as important to feed upon the positive as some pregnant woman living in the slums..why exclude her from this? See, when you focus, you exclude, which makes the action itself a selfish action (even with good intentions)

As far as you being angry:

"These types", indeed! That's pretty damned ignorant of you!

No, not ignorant at all, thats your assumption. I blast an idea and you think it comes from ignorance..yet I see the ignorance in thinking your a jedi...I accept my ignorance in not knowing what is not known (if any of this crap even works at all outside of hypothesis)..and have spent quite a significant portion of my life trying to understand the basics of it (because it is at the very least, an entertaining hypothesis).

I think this will be my final response to you in this thread, because your attitude is getting up my nose, frankly.

You do not know me, or any of the things I've achieved with Reiki, yet you feel it's ok to make judgments and detrimental generalisations - yes, that smacks of ignorance, I'm afraid.

I don't claim to be a jedi. There's nothing special about me. That's exactly what I've been saying. I think everybody can achieve great things. That's why I don't get why people want to pour scorn without actually giving it a go. BUT I'm not talking about playing with crystals, or chatting for hours with very eminent spiritual people, as you mentioned before. I'm talking about practicing projecting energies in whatever way comes naturally to you - be it visualisations, Reiki, faith healing, prayer or whatever else comes to mind.

While you're entitled to your opinions though, again let me point out that the OP made it clear in his opening post that this thread is meant for people who would like to take part.

Maybe you could open your own thread to slag off this kind of activity, instead of hijaking this one?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Why don't you gather to heal and protect starving children?

Oh you can't heal neither from a Distance nor up close

As much as I would love to be the savior of the world, I just don't have enough energy to do that. I have to focus on one individual at a time, but I wouldn't expect you to understand.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballisticmousse
When one "distance healer" meets another "distance healer", I wonder what goes through their minds. Do they think, "Hey, I know I'm a charleton, scamming little old ladies out of theirn pension money to see me spout lectures filled with incoherent BS, so how can I keep a straight face when chatting with another fellow scammer? Maybe we should should trade n otes... or could he actually be the real thing? And is there really a real thing?"

FYI. there are some of us who have given a great many healings, and never once charged so much as a penny - not because I think it's wrong for some people to make a living out of it, but because to me personally, I feel it would be unwholesome as I'm financially sound.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this is why I don't talk about paranormal phenomena on ats. if you want to query the belief in healing without pharma and action at a distance then make a thread about it, this isn't about proving anything to the skeptic, unless im mistaken.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

When one "distance healer" meets another "distance healer", I wonder what goes through their minds. Do they think, "Hey, I know I'm a charleton, scamming little old ladies out of theirn pension money to see me spout lectures filled with incoherent BS, so how can I keep a straight face when chatting with another fellow scammer? Maybe we should should trade n otes... or could he actually be the real thing? And is there really a real thing?"

FYI. there are some of us who have given a great many healings, and never once charged so much as a penny - not because I think it's wrong for some people to make a living out of it, but because to me personally, I feel it would be unwholesome as I'm financially sound.

The cheap thrill of attention, the fun of feeding someone raw B.S., I admit that folk such as yourself probably do have other reasons for peddling your vacuous nonsense.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The cheap thrill of attention, the fun of feeding someone raw B.S., I admit that folk such as yourself probably do have other reasons for peddling your vacuous nonsense.

said the skeptic in a thread about paranormal phenomena >=( srsly are you trolling? either way thats me done, any glance of intelligent conversation is over.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Yes, the cheap thrill of curing an internet friend's tinitis in one distance healing - and the attention I got from helping a neighbour who couldn't do her nursing job because the medication and physiotherapy she was getting for her shoulder pain weren't doing any good.

The wonderful buzz of encouraging other people to practice because they can do it too!

I'm such a vacuous b*tch.

Oops, I forgot - you're not supposed to feed trolls! No supper for you!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You do not know me, or any of the things I've achieved with Reiki, yet you feel it's ok to make judgments and detrimental generalisations - yes, that smacks of ignorance, I'm afraid.

I don't know you. you are correct, therefore I don't judge you
I do however know the things you speak of..and what pretty much all religions, spiritualists, and energy workers say, which is we have free choice. You can not change someones path..it defeats the whole point of free will if you could.
The theory here is then the thing I am judging being ineffective.
Also why I use the jedi term (aka, being able to magic someones mind to control them into doing as you desire). Could work in the physical (hypnosis and such), but the concept of it working with what your dealing with on a unwilling mind is..well, bunk even to a spiritualist whom has more than a couple weeks of mild interest in the stuff.

I'm talking about practicing projecting energies in whatever way comes naturally to you - be it visualisations, Reiki, faith healing, prayer or whatever else comes to mind.

Not slamming the process or practice, but the focused outcome that is trying to be achieved.
First off, its been done before, over and over again since the dawn of recorded civilization with no results..you cannot make Caesar a man of the people if he doesn't want to be through spells and incantations, you cannot change the kings mind through prayer, its his decision, his path...unless he comes and seeks it out, then it is auto-reject. Not sure if my concepts are getting through, but meh, I suspect you want to find negativity verses understanding anyhow, so it doesn't matter.

While you're entitled to your opinions though, again let me point out that the OP made it clear in his opening post that this thread is meant for people who would like to take part.

Yes, but on a board where the motto is deny ignorance, don't you think a counter and alternative suggestions or warnings is in order, or should there be no thinking and only obedience towards the initial intent? Not saying don't give it a go, just saying, when it produces nothing, revisit and try to figure out what went wrong. I am, if anything, shortcutting it all for you.

Maybe you could open your own thread to slag off this kind of activity, instead of hijaking this one?

I pointed to a thread where I did that...well, not so much "slag off" verses try to encourage an experiment.
But I guess you see what you want to see.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker

Originally posted by WiindWalker
Just because you delved into healing and "white magic" does not mean you actually had the power. What I feel and do is very real, I don't need books or crystals to make my gifts work my friend. As a matter of fact, I don't use anything but my hands.

Delved...naa, I observed...and never seen anything of note.

As far as you being Gandalf...Gratz. I want your autograph..but only after you prove your claims.

incidently, I will show you how I have mastered the art of shooting lasers out of my eyes when you do...until then, I suspect we will both be on the same level of belief in each others claims.

Since you are a skeptic, you will more than likely reject the energy from any distance healing. This will make it hard for me to prove. However, if we were to meet in person, I could prove it to you within seconds.

Edit: And to be honest you sound like one of those people that would be in denial, even when shown proof.
edit on 24-1-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

Proving to me means nothing. I said prove, as in have tests done..double blind well constructed studies and whatnot.
What better way to really infuse the world with a billion spiritual healers than to prove it empirically and pave the way for a non-ridiculed study by those whom also potentially posess such a gift.

To prove it subjectively to one person does nothing in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
TextI don't know you. you are correct, therefore I don't judge you I do however know the things you speak of..and what pretty much all religions, spiritualists, and energy workers say, which is we have free choice. You can not change someones path..it defeats the whole point of free will if you could. The theory here is then the thing I am judging being ineffective.

Then you must have either not read or not understood the comments I posted earlier on regarding my views on influencing other people's free will. Or maybe, despite your claims, you don't actually know what Reiki is?

TextAlso why I use the jedi term (aka, being able to magic someones mind to control them into doing as you desire). Could work in the physical (hypnosis and such), but the concept of it working with what your dealing with on a unwilling mind is..well, bunk even to a spiritualist whom has more than a couple weeks of mild interest in the stuff.

There y'go! Reiki's got nothing at all to do with mind control.
TextNot slamming the process or practice, but the focused outcome that is trying to be achieved. First off, its been done before, over and over again since the dawn of recorded civilization with no results..you cannot make Caesar a man of the people if he doesn't want to be through spells and incantations, you cannot change the kings mind through prayer, its his decision, his path...unless he comes and seeks it out, then it is auto-reject. Not sure if my concepts are getting through, but meh, I suspect you want to find negativity verses understanding anyhow, so it doesn't matter.

Actually, achievements have been proven in all sorts of measured experiments, and also in other similar activities I've taken part in. It will take a while to search you the links to the experiments - probably tomorrow, but I'll post them for you to see.

But you're right in saying you can't change a man's decisions / path (well you can't with Reiki anyway). However, that's not what we'd be seeking to do directly. Reiki is about mending physical and mental problems, and aligning mind, body and spirit. Once that's achieved (and I repeat, even that can only be done with the recipient's permission) they're in a stronger, more stable position to overcome things that may have scarred their psyche, and behave differently - if that's appropriate, and if they choose to do it. I know from experience that it can be extremely beneficial, but equally, it's not a 'magic wand'.

TextYes, but on a board where the motto is deny ignorance, don't you think a counter and alternative suggestions or warnings is in order, or should there be no thinking and only obedience towards the initial intent? Not saying don't give it a go, just saying, when it produces nothing, revisit and try to figure out what went wrong. I am, if anything, shortcutting it all for you.

Ok, but from my point of view, it's the denigrators who are the ignorant ones. Now, that's obviously debatable, but this thread was set up specifically for the purpose of interested parties getting together, as opposed to it being a debate on the validity.

Damn - I seem to have cut off the quote of your last comment in the post. I think it was that you'd already set up a thread on that topic. Good - so there's already a thread you can post your scepticism in.

You made some remark about only seeing what I want to see I think. What sense does that make? I haven't seen your thread because I don't want to see it!?! A baseless accusation. I haven't seen it because I haven't seen it. If I do see it, I may choose to read or post on it, or not. But I won't pretend I've not seen it, and find the suggestion absurd.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Toffeeapple because: When using quote function the text came out microscopic!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well, of course the medication wasn't helping the neighbour - it was a made up disease so they could slope off work.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
And one other thing - don't be so flipping dependent. Prove it to yourself, by doing it!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

I just came up with an idea that "may" save us from total destruction. I am calling out all distance healers to do distance healings on the leaders of this country. Maybe with our healing, we can open their hearts and minds and flush out the corruption that resides within them. I know this sounds like we are doing this against their will, but I look at it as giving them a helping hand.

I am not saying this will work, but it doesn't hurt to try. Every day or night, visualize a leader of the US or a globalist and begin distance healing work. Maybe they will accept the energies once they realize that they like them.

I know skeptics are going to bash the hell out of this thread, so please try to keep that at a minimum. This is for serious healers, so I do not need any criticism, kthx.

Although, the thought is noble, i do not think that will solve anything at all. You could try it with others who are into this stuff.
But, what if instead of sending energies and stuff, why don´t you just gather some people from your town and help those in real need, for starters. In that way you will send a really positive message and maybe you will actually inspire others to do the same thing.

Anyway, i am wishing you all the best with your idea.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
WindWalker, this is a thought that has crept up in my head many times as I pondered what I've come to believe is the very real and very negative energy that seems to be presiding over and residing within much of humanity right now. I say that, and I use such language, even without any significant interest or background in the arcane behind me.

Of course, it goes without saying that the idea will be met with resistance, too many are being happily influenced by it, enjoying the feeling of waking up every morning figuring out new ways to hate new people. I believe the ruling class has for eons been involved in the occult on a level I can't claim to be certain of.

Can energies be channeled, manipulated? I think they can; I think we do all the time, unconsciously, in our day-to-day lives. Television is said to emit brainwave altering alpha waves and knows if they aren't being willfully manipulated to produce a more distrustful, hostile society, as distrust and hostility have been effective tools used by the ruling class to control the masses since the beginning of time.

Count me in. It's sure worth a shot, Why should only "the initiated" have all the fun? It doesn't seem they're doing mankind a whole lot of favors with it lately anyway...

Have you read any of the Max Igan threads on ATS?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, of course the medication wasn't helping the neighbour - it was a made up disease so they could slope off work.

So why did she come and ask me for help then, genius? And how come she was jubilant that she could lift patients that night, for the first time in 2 months, and felt no pain?

I've reported your trolling.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Giant black hole of bad tags

-falls into the black hole-
(Tags can be a bitch at times)

Relevant bits I fished from it:

and I repeat, even that can only be done with the recipient's permission

Good, then you know exactly what I am saying, and the flaw with the intent of the ops.

Next:

ou'd already set up a thread on that topic. Good - so there's already a thread you can post your scepticism in

The thread was an attempt to sort of push the positive energy being generated worldwide during the royal wedding. a multi-billion audience focused on love and happiness globally. It was a call to participate, not for the royals, screw them, but for the prospect of a world focused on something positive for a change regardless of how you feel about the players..and to monitor any effects globally following it.

We seen negative emotions (9/11 towers falling and such) and the following reaction to it (wars, turmoil)..so, the hypothesis was global energy may indeed influence reactions..a negative moment resonating towards negative sort of reactions..perhaps a equal force of a positive event (wedding) would resonate positive outcomes afterwards.

But the concept was not focused on any specific event or even person, rather just sort of putting "it" out there.

I think we aren't arguing as much as nitpicking passionately about semantics and methods/outcomes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So why did she come and ask me for help then, genius? And how come she was jubilant that she could lift patients that night, for the first time in 2 months, and felt no pain?

I've reported your trolling.

...Because she can't get a doctor's certificate for time of swinging the lead so she needs some fig leaf to give her company to swindle them out of sick pay. Besides, she sounds like a lonely old biddy, desperate for some cheap attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think this will be my final response to you in this thread, because your attitude is getting up my nose, frankly.

Well, if you're getting aggravation in your nose, why don;'t you use your magic Reiki energy BS powers to make it feel right again?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Well, if you're getting aggravation in your nose, why don;'t you use your magic Reiki energy BS powers to make it feel right again?

Come now, no need to start instigating and insulting. the topic is distance healing (well, sub-topic), not lets insult people.
Respect the person, you don't have to respect the topic, but the person behind might be your best friend offline...you don't know..

As far as the Reiki and such, well, I just condense it all to happy thoughts (wildly inaccurate, but the picture is about right) and its good to have and even give happy thoughts, however, don't use that exclusively as your method for healing as that is just being in a magical world verses reality.

Can a plethora of people meditating and hopeing for peace/love/etc change the world? Well, if it could, it would have been done in the mid to late 60s with the mass hippy movement worldwide is my view.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker

Your heart is in the right place WiindWalker, and I believe you want to use your mind in a manner to help everyone; but help the people in need instead of trying to help the people that don't deserve it. That is what my mind tells me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join