It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed this yesterday morning (23/01/2012).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi there ATS!

I captured this yesterday morning (23/01/2012) at 06:45am. I was outside my front door after getting home from night shift when I noticed this bright light. I passed it off as a star/planet at first until I saw it was moving.

Light was very bright and travelling in a West to East direction. I live near the coast so this thing was travelling inland from the Solway Firth NW England. At the end of the video it disappears behind a cloud.

I went inside and then out into the back yard to see if I could see it as it passed over my house but I saw nothing due to cloud.

The object seemed way too bright for a satellite. I have observed satellites with the naked eye before and this was too bright to be one IMO. It also seemed far too low in the sky to be a sat. The lack of noise and any strobe lights tell me it wasn't a plane/helicopter either.

I know 20 seconds isn't much of a video but its all the time I had between noticing it, getting my phone out and it disappearing behind cloud.

Video was taken on a galaxy nexus phone at 720p. I hope this embeds correctly, it's the first time I've done it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It might just be the quality of the video, but it seems to be just a satellite to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Blinking lights indicate to me its just a plane from a distance or high altitude, also the fact that cloud cover was a factor to me supports this

Thats my opinion, take it as you will!
edit on 24-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Could be, I'm not discounting the possibility totally. To the naked eye it just seemed too bright/low.

link   
I can't tell....looks like something...that is probably nothing (of much concern)!

26 seconds and nothing to use as a reference...could be anything!

link   
Hard to tell from the video what it may be. There is a site to track the ISS. I have watched it pass over several times before and it is amazingly bright when it does. Not saying this is what it is that you witnessed, just offering up a possible explanation.
www.isstracker.com...
edit on 24-1-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
It might just be the quality of the video, but it seems to be just a satellite to me.

Camera: "A mercedez passes by at 80mph and the driver jumps off the car a few seconds before it explodes."
Debunker: "Nah, it was just a bird looking for food."

Believe me, that's how ridiculous these explanations sound. If you don't know what it is, admit it, don't just go the other way around giving such horrible explanations.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

Camera: "A mercedez passes by at 80mph and the driver jumps off the car a few seconds before it explodes."

Believe me, that's how ridiculous these explanations sound. If you don't know what it is, admit it, don't just go the other way around giving such horrible explanations.

I don't know what it is!

I admit it!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paulorf86

And what did you contribute to the thread? Nothing...
My explanation was better than your non-existent one.
Piss off.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I realise the video isn't the greatest. I thought I'd post it anyway, It could be a helicopter/plane with a searchlight/landing light maybe but I couldn't hear any sound that would suggest so at the time. Of course that doesn't mean there was no sound, just that I couldn't hear it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

at least he gave an opinion on what it is
what have you contributed only spite and malice

link   
Airplane running lights should be white, green and red.

I believe that I saw red and blue lights. Not saying it couldn't be a kite/RC plane/balloon with LED's, just that I don't think it was a human piloted airplane.

link   

Originally posted by Grifter81
reply to post by jerryznv

I realize the video isn't the greatest. I thought I'd post it anyway, It could be a helicopter/plane with a searchlight/landing light maybe but I couldn't hear any sound that would suggest so at the time. Of course that doesn't mean there was no sound, just that I couldn't hear it.

And it could be a space flight vehicle...could be government experimental flight....could be a lot of things!

There is just no way to know from this footage...I am afraid that is all your going to get...a bunch of it's not...and it could be's!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by paulorf86

Nevermind, I'm sorry. You are right!
It's an alien spaceship harboring tiny little men!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Blinking lights indicate to me its just a plane from a distance or high altitude, also the fact that cloud cover was a factor to me supports this

Thats my opinion, take it as you will!
edit on 24-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Perhaps it's just me, but that blinking light seemed to be lighter of color and separate from the rest of it, which seemed to be glowing blue...

Opinions?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It could indeed be a plane but why lit up so bright? Landing lights on? There is one small private airport nearby, about 40-50 miles north. Prop planes and helicopters only I think.

This thing was travelling East.
edit on 24/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The blinking could be to do with the image sensor on my phone. Its only got a digital zoom so when I'm zoomed in it's 'filling pixels' which can cause artifacts to appear.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I would plug in your info to Stellarium....I am betting it is Jupiter.....or Venus....

January 2012 guide to the five visible planets

edit on January 24th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I did have tired eyes after being up all night but I could have sworn it was moving. I'll check it out though, hopefully I haven't wasted all your time!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Cant discount a plane entirely, but im going with Saturn on this one

astronomycentral.co.uk...

Saturn is low, so it seems the most logical explanation given your account.

edit on 24-1-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join