It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I filmed this yesterday morning (23/01/2012).

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

According to stellarium yesterday morning at 6:45 Jupiter wasn't visible. Mars was present at a magnitude of -0.32 but I don't think it was Mars I was filming.

I know the night sky relatively well through years of gazing up at it in awe.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Saturn is visible in an Easterly direction at that time, low on the horizon. I was looking West/South West when I spotted whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
reply to post by paulorf86

Nevermind, I'm sorry. You are right!
It's an alien spaceship harboring tiny little men!

now now dont be so sexist ... there could be tiny little women in there too ..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

And what is that????

Point??

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

What is that?

As a daily PS user, blowing things up on photoshop (or similar) and adujsting colors and all that does not reveal what something is. It actually distorts what we are looking at.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

Satellites are easiest seen in early morning before sunrise, or after sunset while the curvature of the earth still blocks out light 'pollution' from the sun, but still allows for light reflection from the sun by objects in orbit.

If this object was travelling from West to East, this is good indication that this was a satellite.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Should at least show the shape inside it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Just to point out.....the image is only as good as the camera taking it.

Software like photoshop wont bring out any more detail in an image that is lacking in it. The phone was on full zoom, you can clearly see the sensors working overtime trying to make sense of the image, focus etc.

Messing about with an image doesnt always yield results...as your picture shows

What you have posted it pointless.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

No it's not. It still has pretty colors.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've got it...with the picture blown up and the colors distorted...I can clearly see it is a bunch of multi-colored pixels!

Ya...blowing it up and just causing more distortion..does not seem to help at all!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Then we may have the case of an extremely bright satellite! It was definitly travelling from west to east. Iridium flare maybe? How long to those iridium sats catch the sun for?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
There's happy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by jerryznv

Looks like a couch potato to me.

Come on, tell me you don't see Android here?

I don't see an android...looks like my 5 year old daughter going nuts with water colors to me!

Maybe a really colorful microscopic image of a sperm cell?

Nothing that helps me identify the light source in the sky that was filmed though!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Manhater; no personal disrespect, but, you're notorious for this image distortion as 'proof' or 'evidence' tactic.

Please, could you please, please please, take lots of pictures of window reflections, lens flare, smoke, ordinary things, fruit in the grocery store with light reflecting off the skin, light bulbs, and other things, and apply the very same exact technique you're becoming notorious for so that you can see for yourself that applying the same techniques to ordinary things like smoke, window reflections, and other reflected glare, similar results occur.

Distorting things in an image manipulation program is like throwing an ocelot with a pancake on its head in the middle of a debate about trench warfare in WWI. It adds nothing, and only confuses people that are easily confused.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm not sure what city your in, so I guessed Whitehaven and plugged it into the tracker from spaceweather.com. If you click the link at 644 yesterday morning the ISS should have been clearly visible flying over your area. I would go out on a limb and say that was it. Hope this helps.

Sattelite Tracker

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

No, I'm too tired, plus, I give up.

If their going to invade, I'm the first one on the shuttle bus.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

Im in Workington but Whitehaven is only a few miles away. You may have solved my mystery thankyou! It's the firsttime I've seen the ISS if thats what it is.

Edit: I've just checked your link and I would say it was most definitly the ISS. I never thought it would be that bright to be honest?
edit on 24/1/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

it can be very bright. I check the tracker once a week or so for my location so I can go out and look at it. Save the link, you can plug your city into it and it will tell you when you can see brighter sats and the ISS.
Glad I could help.

I just checked your city is in the drop down menu. Link with drop down menu for your county
edit on 24-1-2012 by Baldryck because: added link

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I would plug in your info to Stellarium....I am betting it is Jupiter.....or Venus....

January 2012 guide to the five visible planets

edit on January 24th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

I see another user of Stellarium, it is sure a very useful too. Judging by the colors which are not always correct but let's suppose they are, these white-reddish quick changing looks like Sirius (alpha Canis Majoris). Either way, sorry ot looks like nothing special, it didn't even move, I only saw the camera moving.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join