It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America falls what would it mean for you ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well I would become an arms dealer and make a fortune with largest fastest arms race in modern history. Imagine the race between Europe, Japan, India, Russia, China, the Koreas, and Brazil to secure the sea lanes important to them with the USN gone. Imagine all the small rich states suddenly without US protection going nuclear. If a nation next to you is weaker and has something you want you could take it again without worring about anybody doing anything about it. Well at least until some other power rose through the ashes of a global war to once again restore order.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Well I would become an arms dealer and make a fortune with largest fastest arms race in modern history. Imagine the race between Europe, Japan, India, Russia, China, the Koreas, and Brazil to secure the sea lanes important to them with the USN gone. Imagine all the small rich states suddenly without US protection going nuclear. If a nation next to you is weaker and has something you want you could take it again without worring about anybody doing anything about it. Well at least until some other power rose through the ashes of a global war to once again restore order.

lol

yeah, maybe you really could do that by distance learning. They give diplomas, too. I bet all the existent arms dealers will be more than happy to welcome you in their club. They'll even throw in a Grenade or two

edit on 24-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't buy the America will fall bunk.

Technically, the British empire fell, But they still have tea, cell phones, ipods and meat.

I think everything will be ok.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas

Originally posted by MrSpad

lol

yeah, maybe you really could do that by distance learning. They give diplomas, too. I bet all the existent arms dealers will be more than happy to welcome you in their club. They'll even throw in a Grenade or two

edit on 24-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

I am sure they would as well. With my military back ground and access to massive amounts of no longer needed US military weapons it would like Russia after the Soviets fell.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

tea time

Myyyyy ! It seems I found the right DIPlomatic curve ball to throw at you.
Excellent turn around.
GR.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer great stuff in your media as you know I'm sure. I wanted to leave my mark but had trouble commenting.

I'm not really responding to much to the comments here as you can see. Just really interested in the comments people leave. So as always an appreciated well informed and thought out post. Thanx Slay. You rock.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I am sure they would as well. With my military back ground and access to massive amounts of no longer needed US military weapons it would like Russia after the Soviets fell.

Be aware tho. There will be those who toss that grenade with the pin pulled.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sad for the nice people that is gone but would not miss their influence at all. US do not need to dissaper. US need (a timeout in the corner) to be quarantined for about 20 years with your corporations so that you learn that you cannot bully the rest of the world and your way is not everybody elses way.

When Bush say you are either with ur or against us then you are even a bigger problem than fundamentalist muslism and I really do not like fundamentalist muslism.

If you suddenly was quarantined, then I would say karma seem to be working, because that is the fate that I think you are seeding. To bad really. I miss the days when i belived US where the good guys. Life was so much simpler when I belived the propaganda.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nothing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I am hesitant to answer this since similar questions were asked prior to 911, like if the US was attacked like in pearl harbor, WW you do. "I´d join the army and bomb the hell out of them" etc. etc,

But I´ll bite.
It would mean that I have to drop everything I am doing and get home ASAP. If it was a foreign power that invaded the US I would enlist either to the army or a local militia preferably.

I would have to try and do that after or before taking care of the immediate needs of my family.
If they were nowhere to be found. Well, I would become the devil himself and destroy all enemies I had in my path before surrendering to my mortality at the hands of said enemies.

If it was a financial collapse, the result of which left the USA a sad shell of her former glory, then I would go home too and start a local business and try and promote financial growth as best I can. I might try and finish my education and get a degree in finance and international trade. Ugh, yuck. Maybe make my kids go down that path, I think I would be too resistant to the people teching me.

If it was just a Oh no, we lost all our military bases and power over the whole of planet earth, I wouldn't give a damn. F-it. It is of no benefit to me or my people, so good riddance.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
Sad for the nice people that is gone but would not miss their influence at all. US do not need to dissaper. US need (a timeout in the corner) to be quarantined for about 20 years with your corporations so that you learn that you cannot bully the rest of the world and your way is not everybody elses way.

When Bush say you are either with ur or against us then you are even a bigger problem than fundamentalist muslism and I really do not like fundamentalist muslism.

If you suddenly was quarantined, then I would say karma seem to be working, because that is the fate that I think you are seeding. To bad really. I miss the days when i belived US where the good guys. Life was so much simpler when I belived the propaganda.

Interesting contribution. I just want to respond and say please remember:

There are a lot of us here in America who feel our gov. has gone rogue and no longer represents us. That in no way means we don't love our flag or country. I know I will give every last drop of blood to see her thru these times.
So many in the past did the same. Why not me ? I would be only honoured and make the most of the slightest chance to set our course for more glassy waters.

Randyvious
edit on 24-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My grandmother lived through the fall of Prussia. If it were to happen here I would remember her stories. That woman knew how to survive and she taught me well. She moved her family to America so we wouldn't have to see this sort of thing....kinda funny if you think about it..but she didn't leave us mentally unprepared.
I know I'll get flamed for this next comment but...maybe I choose to live in a bubble...Won't deny that but...I don't think (hope probably a better word) none of this comes to pass. I may be confident I've been given the knowledge to navigate my family through this scenario...but I also have a good idea what that entails.
PS One thing my grandmother taught me through error was...Don't bury your birth certificates. This wasn't uncommon in her era to keep important documents safe like that (I never did get a chance to ask why birth certificates were something to be hidden but I'm told it was a thing) Well people would do it with valuables as well, so if a neighbor would catch wind of you burying anything they would come steal it...even if it was something disappointing like documents.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
My grandmother lived through the fall of Prussia. If it were to happen here I would remember her stories. That woman knew how to survive and she taught me well. She moved her family to America so we wouldn't have to see this sort of thing....kinda funny if you think about it..but she didn't leave us mentally unprepared.
I know I'll get flamed for this next comment but...maybe I choose to live in a bubble...Won't deny that but...I don't think (hope probably a better word) none of this comes to pass. I may be confident I've been given the knowledge to navigate my family through this scenario...but I also have a good idea what that entails.
PS One thing my grandmother taught me through error was...Don't bury your birth certificates. This wasn't uncommon in her era to keep important documents safe like that (I never did get a chance to ask why birth certificates were something to be hidden but I'm told it was a thing) Well people would do it with valuables as well, so if a neighbor would catch wind of you burying anything they would come steal it...even if it was something disappointing like documents.

This is it. Just a perfect example of the things I'm looking for ATS. I so appreciate your Post Quart. Very cool indeed. I think hand me down experience and learning from it are so important. Some really great posting here
Peepers. If you can read them all I recommend everyone of them. Be strong and long life to all ATS

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
would be a change of lifestyle, my inner experience of life would stay the same

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

If the country is still here when I get down around your neck of the woods the first few rounds are on me
:

After that...

There's just no telling how many more I'll fire off.

edit on 24-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I' ll drop my digits in a U2U.

But I must warn you. You can expect heavy opposition to each round you try to pay for my man. And remember if you manage to sneak around the place enough to pay past me. Retaliation shall be seveer ! You must be familiar with the Cadillac Ranch. I can see it from my house.

Post script
Your Zig Zag man avatar ( that's what I call it any way ) is my fav and the one I I. D. you with most. VERY COOL.
He may need some shades while you're in apple valley if you make it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i know what it would mean to me.

first i'll go to the suntrust bank in atlanta and look thru the rubble for the coca cola secret recipe.

then i'll go to louisville kentucky to kfc headquarters and rummage around the debris until i found the colonels secret 11 herbs and spices recipe for fried chicken.

once i have those, i'll re-incorporate the two and sell shares so i can be filthy rich.

i'm not greedy, so a 10 piece bucket and fries won't be 29.99. and coke will be $1.00 for a 2 litre bottle and can of coke will be .25 cents.

edit on 24-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I think if America failed economically the whole world would not feel a ripple effect. I think each country would be a ripple as 800+ military bases go up for rent. As grain bins drain. As USAID draws back. As weapons rust. As people wonder who they will sell their worthless goods to. I think America will bounce and regain an Isolationist position. America's lack of tradition and dynamic momentus resiliency will pull ahead. Cream floats to the top. Some people still fail to recognize the ability of 300,000,000 individuals who blood flows ingrained with liberty. It is this knowledge that leads to pigs trying to destroy us from the inside. We will survive lastly because ultimately we are human, we were built to last. GOD's in control. Not man.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I hate to say it... but America has already fallen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i know what it would mean to me.

first i'll go to the suntrust bank in atlanta and look thru the rubble for the coca cola secret recipe.

then i'll go to louisville kentucky to kfc headquarters and rummage around the debris until i found the colonels secret 11 herbs and spices recipe for fried chicken.

once i have those, i'll re-incorporate the two and sell shares so i can be filthy rich.

i'm not greedy, so a 10 piece bucket and fries won't be 29.99. and coke will be $1.00 for a 2 litre bottle and can of coke will be .25 cents.

edit on 24-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Ha Ha Love it. Maybe I'll play some put options against America the day before the fall of the towers. I mean America ! America ! ya that's it. That's what I meant. America not to be confused with American Airlines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join