It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America falls what would it mean for you ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dodging the draft

Probably going to prison for not being prepared to murder for another countries survival.

Depression, both internal as man kills his fellow man for the 1% and economically.

Tented cities in most of the west.

Less food.

An thriving and very very big black market.

And yet some people want, encourage and are excited by it.

It is not the change we need, there is another way.

Americans the people standing up for their bill of rights and all that was good about the constitution,

Scrap 90% of lobbying

The state to fund for each party an candidate chosen by the party members, not top echelons who will be allocated the exact same resources and funding in the election campaign as the main "private" runner.

Oh and of course open up totally Operation Paperclip all the nasty truths and root them out, papertrail their policies.

De privatise the Fed and the US Government print their onw money.

No world Wars, no world depression, a new beacon of light shining brightly on that lady in New York Harbor.

Will the American people be preprared to be as brave as the Egyptians and Syrians et al?

That is the only thing that really will decide which path the world goes on...

World War 3 or Peace Prosperity and the 99% not the 1%?

Are Americans Lazy and Cowards?

That is a question historians will tell in some years in the future, if that is their is any left.

Kind Regards,

Elf
edit on 24-1-2012 by MischeviousElf because: spell

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All empires come to an end, its inevitable. It is wether it goes out with a bang or a whimper.

The world will still turn, the sun will still rise, countrys will keep going, trade will continue. If the US should decline, I think the world will revert back to more regional/local conditions/conflicts as opposed to global ones. Also I think the 'western nations' without US backing/influence will be less inclined to interfere outside of their influences.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
"some obviously wouldn´t mind but if the US as a country came down it would affect the globe.
allthough i have to add i wouldn´t mind seeing your current administration go down especially issues relating to their foreign policy.
but that´s what you get when congress is for sale."

Post of the day is above in my humble opinion.
Regards,Iwinder
edit on 24-1-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
What would it mean for the rest of the world ? What about you ? U.S. civilian or a citizen of some other country ? Would it be a, " sad to see you go " with no real affect on you personally because you're so well off nothing can affect you ? Or are you completely dependent on the survival of the U.S. ?

I was board'in in another thread on ATS when this light bulb come a popp'in. This is really going to be the shortest thread I've ever done because I 've pretty much popped the question already and I'm running out of things to say at this point.
One thing I'm sure most will agree on America has never been in more peril in recent times, than right now.
Possibly only matched by the civil war. Huh ! What's so civil about war ? Especially that one.
Perhaps we can also get some opinions and discuss the global consequences of Americas possible demise.

Right here on ATS.
edit on 24-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Here is the reality...the United States has had to spend Billions on Defense because other countries have shirked their responsibilities or are just plain COWARDS! After WWI...the United States PLEADED with the Europeans to not be so hard on Germany as we felt that Europe was placing an impossible number on the amount of Money demanded for war reparations.

The U.S. met with each and every one of the WWI Victors and no one would listen to us. Because of this...massive poverty, economic downfall and outright STARVATION existed in post WWI Germany...and as the U.S. had warned...this gave rise to a Nationalistic movement that became the NAZI PARTY.

Since we were forced into fighting WWII...the U.S. vowed to never again have to commit Soldiers to another World War...so we began a systematic creation of a Global U.S. Military. No other Military in the world or even all Militaries put together have the reach and capabilities of our current Armed Forces. But NOW...it is time for the U.S. to fix it's own internal problems...remember...U.S. Military Spending only accounts for about 9.2% of out total Budget and a U.S. that is out of a recesion with sustainable growth can quickly erase the Budget Deficit...but as the U.S. Economy Goes...so does the Worlds. Just about every major World Changing Technical Event has been developed by the U.S. from the Telephone to Cell Phones...from Computers to Tablets and now it is time for some of my associates to release some Energy Tech. that will change the world for the better...I am fairly certain that a U.S....Agency has developed Low Temp. Fusion. It is time to give this to the world.
Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Theres gonna be a war lets face it,and US arent gonna sit there and allow themselves to be economically destroyed war means money thats why they are in the Persian gulf right now touting for buisness .

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I hate to say it... but America has already fallen.

How do you come to this CONClusion my man ? I don't seee how you can post something like that here. Especially in the shadow of the previous post. Which I must give credit to the poster. I have to flame you for this first.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by randyvs

What would it mean for the rest of the world ? What about you ? U.S. civilian or a citizen of some other country ? Would it be a, " sad to see you go " with no real affect on you personally because you're so well off nothing can affect you ? Or are you completely dependent on the survival of the U.S. ?

I do not foresee living to experience the loss of my country. So long as my government holds enough of the constitution to also hold together our union, I will give my last breath for it before seeing my flag go down. If the central/federal government forsakes the constitution, I will pledge my life to my region and then my state in defense of our way of life and liberty. And if it falls then I defend it til death

If one day YOU should awake to see a new flag flying over our country, you may rest assured that I and many, many others did not.
I couldn't agree with my friend here this is the way that we should all look at our country here, across whatever ocean you lay your head...the way we define ourselves and our freedoms is Never defined by or what my government dictates
edit on 24-1-2012 by freakshowfatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

Glorious responses from a great many members so far. I've even welled up at a number of them. But that's pretty common for me lately.

Freakshow

I couldn't agree with my friend here this is the way that we should all look at our country here, across whatever ocean you lay your head...the way we define ourselves and our freedoms is Never defined by or what my government dictates

I think you meant to say: You couldn't agree more with your friend ? Right ?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I assume that you're talking about some sort of economic collapse.

If that happened, it would be like the great depression all over again with some twists.

First, welfare would cease to exist, along with social security and/or unemployment. It would create a situation where you had to work or you wouldn't get anything.

Gold and/or silver would be the most likely medium of exchange. The cities would become hell holes. Many other countries depend upon the US to consume the goods that they produce. If the US economy failed other economies would also be brought down. Who would China sell all it's cheap goods to ? How would the tech companies in India make money without the US to pay for their services? Most likely, it would be world wide pandemonium.

The people here in the US that would be OK are those that can grow their own food and sell/trade it to others. Many cities would cease to exist. It would be awful.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It amazes me how many folks here on ATS think that america will fall.

I really do not believe it will happen, why,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,because the dumbazzes in congress like the power......."They will not let that power go......

Mark my words....

If/when it gets bad enough that america will fail,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be many a countries going down first.......

Nothing stops a collapse like a rally cry to gather the troops and whip some arse........

But what do I know, I am just am american......

Everybody else is right
I believe everybody else has been saying the end is near, forever now

Not going to happen.......
edit on 24-1-2012 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good topic! Well as for me it would be sad, because we would have done it to ourselves! But as history shows us, history repeats it's self! We probably would have done better if we stuck to the ideals and beliefs of our founding father's and the constitution. Like rome we will will fall,"if", we stay with the course we are taking. Now i think there will always be a "united states of america" in some form or another. Just like "the civil war", there will those who want to keep it together and those who will try a new thing. I believe you will see the sad sighns a poverty every where you look.Some place's will look like farming community's. Other's will look like t.j. mexico! It will be very sad to see.

As for the rest of the world, who knows how they would react. Some other country's might help us and work with us, and other's will try to take advantage of the situation and try to get a piece of the pie.Some might not want what america stands for to to go away, they get to much from us in aid and from our military for protection and such things like that, so in short they will be in denial and try to help us and what not. Some other country's depend on us so much.We are like there parent's and we provide shelter and food.so they can not live with out us and they would fall to. So as a result the remaining would power's would would try to have a piece of that pie to.It would be a domino affect. Just my opinion !

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

First time for everything eh Bob ? Very cool to see a comment from you in one of my threads.

I think of the word horrible a lot when I consider the consequence. Made a point of learning to pan for gold lately.
Since nothing will grow in this desert community where I live. I feel a lil more secure having learned that and next week I'm getting a winchester for protection. Then all I need is a horse. My parents were horse people lucky for me. I think I'd fare pretty well with those few things. A decent pan and classifier and sleuth.

Randyvious

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

33333------------------> A wonderful optimistic view can be all it takes to make a world of difference. Excellent post.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Mmmmm no, i won't mean anything to me, well, is what happens in history, countries come and go.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

To me it would mean that we didn't get rid of the Federal Reserve and restore the Constitution in time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael78

Yes, and when they go under, another nation will assume that role. The US was only a tool for those who are really in charge. Anyone who thinks they have any real power whatsoever is probably just not paying attention. Just look at who's in charge of the biggest corporations and then look at who's in charge in your government. It's the same bloody people that just go back and forth between their corporation of choice and the government. Corporations own everything now, regardless of point of view, and you know what that's called? Fascism you can vote for. Isn't that sweet. It's like you can see the food, but you can't touch the silverware.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by randyvs

To me it would mean that we didn't get rid of the Federal Reserve and restore the Constitution in time.

As I'm fairly famalier with the sharpness of your posts Tupac. I look at the wide contrast in your short post and assume it was intended. I like the analogy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think those are definitely the main issues. Honestly it could just be boiled down to restoring the Constitution, because since the Federal Reserve and their worthless fiat paper money is completely unconstitutional, that would fall into that category.

Think of all the things that would be fixed if the government actually acted in line with the Constitution. There wouldn't be all of these wars every 5 years, many of which are unconstiutional, not only because they often wouldn't get voted for, but because the government couldn't just print off money to pay for them.

We wouldn't have to worry about inflation and things costing more slowly as our currency loses value, and we especially wouldn't have to worry about potential hyperinflation which has happened throughout history in several countries with central banks.

Then there wouldn't be things like the Patriot Act, TSA, Guantanamo Bay, and indefinite detention under the NDAA which completely match the types of tyrannical measures that our Founding Fathers warned would result from duping people into giving up their rights because of a foreign enemy. And if politicians were guilty of violating the Constitution like that, they could get impeached and that law would be made null and void.

The federal drug war would end, and people would be able to be responsible for themselves and live in an actually free society. We could save more of our money because we wouldn't need to spend as much taxpayer money on things not granted under Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution, so we could live better too.

Things would be great if the government just followed the damn document that they're supposed to follow!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

You have the post of the day in my view. Thank you Tupac. Always enjoy your sharp intellect.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It would mean no more Ad 's like this.

So Bring on Americas down fall

edit on 24-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join