It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If America falls what would it mean for you ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
What would it mean for the rest of the world ? What about you ? U.S. civilian or a citizen of some other country ? Would it be a, " sad to see you go " with no real affect on you personally because you're so well off nothing can affect you ? Or are you completely dependent on the survival of the U.S. ?

I was board'in in another thread on ATS when this light bulb come a popp'in. This is really going to be the shortest thread I've ever done because I 've pretty much popped the question already and I'm running out of things to say at this point.
One thing I'm sure most will agree on America has never been in more peril in recent times, than right now.
Possibly only matched by the civil war. Huh ! What's so civil about war ? Especially that one.
Perhaps we can also get some opinions and discuss the global consequences of Americas possible demise.

Right here on ATS.
edit on 24-1-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I would have to re-negotiate my employment contract so that I don't get paid in US Dollars anymore.

I really think the rest of the world will continue quite fine when America is gone.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
For the rest of the world? Hmmm for ~20% sadness 1 yr max.
For me? HAPPINESS. Why? They ruined most of the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
the influx of people that would start to independantly mobilize and the chances of them moving through my area would significantly increase.

the border isn't that far away from my home, and the idea that theres 90 guns per 100 people just across that little line isn't comforting, let alone if that line disappears and opens up for the 21st century wild west meets mad max

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If it occurs in the next 12 months?

it means i didnt get to my preferred destination fast enough to get my people away from the insanity that will likely follow. And that's SHAME ON ME.

knowing that unless a major POSITIVE change occurs, We all will be in a world of hurt, here in the US, courtesy of an ASLEEP/ neutered populace, and a nefarious Government/corporate/banking interests.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
For my country it would be disastrous, we are totally dependent on the U.S. for trade, defense, currency, well, everything. Me personally, I'll be fine I can and will survive, but others will suffer. It's time for americans to wake up, take control of their goverment and show that they're true heirs to the legacy of their Founding Fathers.

History will judge them, us.

El tiempo se acaba.
Paz.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm actually looking forward to it. I hate my pointless job, but think about the folks who don't have them and would feel like a douche for quitting. It would be a beautiful sight. All of the crying corporatist jack-offs that were too busy with their stupid occupations to see all of this coming.

It would mean the slow pitiful demise of the handout-takers that feed off the government, which in turn feeds off taxpayers. Learn to garden or die.

All of this is assuming that the government will actually let us prepare for the fall, instead of locking us down in labor camps. If labor camps are what happens in the fall, um, yea, I think I'd just eat a bullet.

The psychological cage I'm in is bad enough.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What would it mean for the rest of the world ?

some obviously wouldn´t mind but if the US as a country came down it would affect the globe.
allthough i have to add i wouldn´t mind seeing your current administration go down especially issues relating to their foreign policy.
but that´s what you get when congress is for sale.

What about you ? U.S. civilian or a citizen of some other country ?

i´m from the Netherlands it would hurt me to see a nation come crumbling down, the nation that ones was the true leader of the free world.
sadly that image has been eroded over time and is now gone. (imho)

Would it be a, " sad to see you go " with no real affect on you personally because you're so well off nothing can affect you ?

offcourse it would be a sad to see you go moment.
no matter how corrupt or false the system is, it doesn't outweigh the hunders of millions of people that'll be affected by the US crumbling down.
edit on 24-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What would it mean for the rest of the world ? What about you ? U.S. civilian or a citizen of some other country ? Would it be a, " sad to see you go " with no real affect on you personally because you're so well off nothing can affect you ? Or are you completely dependent on the survival of the U.S. ?

I do not foresee living to experience the loss of my country. So long as my government holds enough of the constitution to also hold together our union, I will give my last breath for it before seeing my flag go down. If the central/federal government forsakes the constitution, I will pledge my life to my region and then my state in defense of our way of life and liberty.

If one day YOU should awake to see a new flag flying over our country, you may rest assured that I and many, many others did not.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Michael78

They ruined most of the world.

define they

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've often wondered, on a personal level, what it would be like for all the super rich. The ones that don't know how to hunt, grow veggies, live off the land. What will it be like for them when they have to go begging to the poor, that do know how to do all of the above. Will they decide to be "bigger" than the rich man, or tell them to go to hell? Will the rich just try to steal or kill for what he wants?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What do you mean by fall?? Economically? Well that train passed long time ago

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I've often wondered, on a personal level, what it would be like for all the super rich. The ones that don't know how to hunt, grow veggies, live off the land. What will it be like for them when they have to go begging to the poor, that do know how to do all of the above. Will they decide to be "bigger" than the rich man, or tell them to go to hell? Will the rich just try to steal or kill for what he wants?

I think you will find that the super-rich would turn their backs on the US and move elsewhere, leaving behind the shattered ruins of the mess they caused, they would not care, they would just find another patsy to milk.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

America, as it was intended to be, fell long ago. What it is now, is just a bloated corpse infested with corporation maggots that only just resembles what it used to be, with its features fading fast, and its insides nearly completely devoured already.

If... when, that corpse finally explodes from all the build up of the corruption within, there may be a sense of closure, and definitely a deep, sickening sadness at what could have been, but was not.

I honestly believe Ron Paul is our last hope, and 2012 will be a major pivot point in the course of humanity, perhaps the largest it has ever seen in recorded history. There is a point of no return in our descent into tyranny that is extremely quickly approaching. Unless we turn around with haste, America will only be America in name; its spirit having left with the slow deaths of liberty and freedom.
edit on 1/24/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It would mean that we as Americans need to go back to what it was like 200 years ago, where a mans word is his bond. You work for a living or you don't live, because you starve.
People actually take pride in whatever they do to provide for there family. You help your neighbor, and your neighbor helps you.
It would hopefully go back to a simplier time when we were not such a screwed up society with all kinds of bleeding heart liberals that think they get something for nothing.
The scary part about all of it would be the transittion to it..that could and would be a very hard rough road for many, if not all of us.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
the influx of people that would start to independantly mobilize and the chances of them moving through my area would significantly increase.

the border isn't that far away from my home, and the idea that theres 90 guns per 100 people just across that little line isn't comforting, let alone if that line disappears and opens up for the 21st century wild west meets mad max

At first I found your wild west meets mad max analogy humourous. Then for some reason, I quickly bit my lip.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Come on now Hell. By fall I mean cease to be. That's ok, I'm cool, I'm cool. Now get to work on a real answer
you blog board hobo !

Just kidding my friend . Oh no here come the Mods RUN!!!!!!

Randy goes back to bed and hides under the covers.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
One thing I'm sure most will agree on America has never been in more peril in recent times, than right now.
Possibly only matched by the civil war. Huh ! What's so civil about war ? Especially that one.

I dunno...

I read all types of opinions and rhetoric about the US and all the evil we have done etc. I know, I'll get grilled for this. That's only looking at one side of the coin and ignoring all the contributing factors and historical context [Which is everything] . I'm sorry but, I don't buy into the whole idea that the US is in such bad shape [No, I'm not ignoring the real issues of our day ] The world was on the brink of totally nuclear destruction with the US and Soviets with their fingers on the Button for a couple of decades and nearly brought life on this planet to an end a few times.

By comparison.
These modern issues are mild. No, Really they are. I suppose it's a generation thing. There has always been turmoil, chaos and upheaval in human history. The US didn't invent any of that nor will any of that cease when we are gone.

The world is returning to a multipolar world. Which if history has taught us anything it's that a multipolar world has the potential to be a much more dangerous place not less.

We shall see eh?

Perhaps we can also get some opinions and discuss the global consequences of Americas possible demise.

Click the link in my signature.
I'd pack up and head home

Oh yeah, I'm already there.

PEACE.

edit on 24-1-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Hellas

Come on now Hell. By fall I mean cease to be. That's ok, I'm cool, I'm cool. Now get to work on a real answer
you blog board hobo !

Just kidding my friend . Oh no here come the Mods RUN!!!!!!

Randy goes back to bed and hides under the covers.

Good one!!

Ok, let's see. If America falls, then first of all, all the markets will break down for good, since America is the most indebted country. The most well known goods will be lost (Coca cola etc.) Worldwide Panic will break loose, because the 'prime example' of a free country will be destroyed.

Americans will be become the #1 (illegal) immigrants. This will be no pretty picture, imagine running over to Mexico in the night and getting shot and left in the field..

The big Cities will look like in the those documentaries on Discovery Channel (50 years after mankind or something like this) and end up like you see in movies (The Road or Book of Eli)
Anarchy will rule.

Meanwhile in London... tea time

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If america fell, it would not be the end of the world, yes there will be an impact but the rest of us will just adapt and continue on. When one superpower falls there will always be another to take it's place, such as human nature.
edit on 24/1/2012 by Traydor because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join