It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinfo Agents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Pelvi

A way I spot this is by looking at the frequency of posts regardless of whether you agree with their stance or not.

Some users are exceptionally high for their join date, for example, if someone joined in October last year and has 25000 posts that would raise alarm bells.

Here is one member I have spotted just as an example...

Link to disinfo agents account profile

Link to disinfo agents U2U inbox

Dinsinfo accounts subscriptions

edit on 24-1-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Clicking these links, I land on my own profile, my own inbox and see my own subscriptions.

Since I don't believe a stranger would have access to my inbox and my subscription-page and I also don't fit into XXXN3O's profiling description, I assume everyone who clicks these links lands on his own inbox-, profile- and subscription-page.

Am I correct?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

yes he was making a point that we are all disinfo one way or another

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

1. Perhaps a genuinely misguided person only has 1 or 2 topics of interest, or ATS activity was a passing phase.
2. Maybe they have ADD or are used to Twitter.
3. Maybe they lack debating skills or are only of an intelligence level to communicate on a certain level or couldn't be bothered dealing with the "other" and only wanna preach to their choir.
4. Cognitive Dissonance is everywhere in society.
5. Refer to point 3.
6. Opinions as fact is the norm in todays society.
7. Probably, most are bored internet users with a strange sense of humour and/or a product of an education system in need of a shake up and/or wasn't provided adequate role models to emulate growing up.

Oh, yes. Absolutely.

Every one of the criteria I presented can be accounted for by a variety of innocent causes. But when all these criteria are present, I entertain the possibility that someone is getting paid to influence opinion or disseminate a story.

And you're right: there are a lot of unwitting, unpaid "disinfo agents". So maybe it's more about spotting a crap story or rubbish info than it is about vetting the source.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by Eidolon23

Ah so its not like the illuminati or w/e people say they want you to believe. It could be for instance a (pulling this idea out my arse) geico representative who discredits other insurance agencies and point out flaws and or stretch the truth to convince people that maybe Alfa isn't the choice. Then somewhere along what this person talks about is low and behold GEICO (once again just me making it simple)

Bingo.

It might be helpful to visit other forums (particularly political ones) to try and track these patterns. It's a lot easier to spot when there isn't as much topical madness.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Disinfo agents, well well. My opinion on disinformation is reflecting. For instance if someone exposes a top secret military details the government would force the forum to close without due notice and the subject would disappear, or they would create a forum post with a new idea, or debunk it on a massive scale if they can't control the free flow of that info considering other forum watchers could easiy extract that info right before its shutdown .They watch but its nothing to worry about.

Some info they disinfo is important but not as important, other info online is extremely important they in the know want gone.

Karma does bite back, so don't worry. Especially if the info is important for humanity to know, karma will indeed strike them eventually. The topic on alien life and info on that for instance.

Don't trust anyone, study on your own and find if its true then restudy again and present your own answer.

Remember that saying, don't tell lies, you might get in a car accident one day.
edit on 24-1-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Use the force puke!use the force!
This is a troll........dis info is hard to spot and hard to get out once planted deeply too.....
Dont believe anything till its proven tto your satisfaction.and others too.....then allow as it may be true....

That is exactly how I do it, look at their profile and past posting record. Gives you a "feel" for the person.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

Why on Earth would you go to such extremes.

Its so much easier to bury something, or take things off topic, or drag you down your own hole of crazy thought, or poke you in your sore spot, or call in a pile of the insane and sink the topic into stupid.

But usually you don't have to do any of that I'm sure.

Truth bounces off people and isn't nearly as entertaining as lies. And simple lies are much easier to believe than the complicated truth.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23

Originally posted by Pelvi
reply to post by Eidolon23

Ah so its not like the illuminati or w/e people say they want you to believe. It could be for instance a (pulling this idea out my arse) geico representative who discredits other insurance agencies and point out flaws and or stretch the truth to convince people that maybe Alfa isn't the choice. Then somewhere along what this person talks about is low and behold GEICO (once again just me making it simple)

Bingo.

It might be helpful to visit other forums (particularly political ones) to try and track these patterns. It's a lot easier to spot when there isn't as much topical madness.

News comment sections are good. Same with some of the Facebook topical groups. Usually you want to pick a really honed down topic.

Oh I add above: Why do any of that, when most of the people don't care at all about any of it and can be convinced to look somewhere else with a little bobble of some stupid celebrity? You could let people tell the truth all day, and most of the people you are talking to are still just chimpanzees looking at the TV or computer for red flushed chimpanzee butts.
edit on 2012/1/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join