It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Pelvi
Okay once again I am making a thread asking a question to better my understanding.
1.On the note of disinfo agents, how can I tell who is fear mongering, who is distracting me with false ideas, who is dismissing true evidence and things of that nature.
2.My other question is, are these disinfo agents aware of the actual truth? Or is their job to just stir everyone up and confuse them with well.. disinfo..
3. Do these so called "disinfo" agents do more than just tell everyone "aliens aren't real" (not saying they are real just an idea) or can they pull idea's out of their bum and lead people down different paths lost and confused and to just give up on the situation.
4. How can I spot these so called disinfo agents when everyone seems to have a source (even though you can find evidence for everything on the internet.. supporting and against)
Originally posted by Eidolon23
1. They stick to one or two topics of interest, profile-wise.
2. They spam.
3. They do not reply to successful rebuttals- in fact, they try to bury those points with unrelated responses.
4. They bust out logical fallacies like there's a fire sale on dissimulation.
5. They have three or four variations on the same talking point- but they refuse to explore tangential input.
6. Some will tell you that aliens are real.
7. Probably, most collect their check, don't ask questions about the larger picture. Oh! And you don't have to pay persona-management software.edit on 23-1-2012 by Eidolon23 because: Oh!
Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by Pelvi
I'm not saying disinfo agents don't exist, but they're not here - ATS attracts enough transient seekers and loonies to confuse anyone, without having a government agency doing anything.