It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God ---- Do unto others?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does God ---- Do unto others?

There are many instances in scriptures where God does not follow the golden rule.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

In the sacrifice of Jesus, God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of the wicked who will repent.

This is hardly doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
----------------------------------
Matthew 25:41 (Jesus speaking): Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Hell can hardly be called a good thing. This again is hardly Jesus doing unto others or following the advice of scriptures.
-----------------------------------

Does the God you know follow the golden rule?

How can he be doing so when a good God would find a good and moral way to convert instead the draconian methods he seems to use that go against the golden rule and his own good advice in his scriptures?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Look at the verses after the one you quoted...

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

There was a reason he said "depart from me"....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Romans 12:17-19

17) Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18) If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19) Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord.

God is our father and we are his children. It's not up to us to punish each other as brothers and sisters, it's up to Him as our father to set the rules and discipline us as he sees fit. Remember what the Bible says about sparing the rod and spoiling the child? You see what happens to children when there are no consequences.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

In the sacrifice of Jesus, God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of the wicked who will repent.

Jesus offered himself when he became the person, Jesus,
which was quite a step down from being god.
Jesus became the ultimate sinner
which would be how to understand the phrase,
to take on the sins of the world,
where Jesus demonstrates his blatant rebellion against the Law thought of by the contemporary authorities as coming directly from God, by refusing to condemn the woman caught in adultery.

edit on 23-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

where Jesus demonstrates his blatant rebellion against the Law thought of by the contemporary authorities as coming directly from God, by refusing to condemn the woman caught in adultery

Jesus may have spared the adulteress, but he seems to have made the law even more stricter...
When he said its adultery for just looking at women lustfully and that its murder just for hating.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The two things go together, the adultery charge, and the lifting up, this comes from Bowman's book, where he has Jesus taking the role of Haman who is hung in Esther, and what gets him in that condition is he is found in Esther's bed, while she is married to the king. Jesus is equally guilty as Haman was, for not condemning the woman in similar circumstances.

edit on 24-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by jmdewey60

where Jesus demonstrates his blatant rebellion against the Law thought of by the contemporary authorities as coming directly from God, by refusing to condemn the woman caught in adultery

Jesus may have spared the adulteress, but he seems to have made the law even more stricter...
When he said its adultery for just looking at women lustfully and that its murder just for hating.

Jesus did not make the law more strict, he revealed that it was more strict. God made the Law.

The point is that there is no gradation to Sin. What hurts someone, hurts someone whether you kill their child or hate them for being gay.

Love one another.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

No my friend. The God I know follows his own rule.

He does unto all as they should be doing to each other.

Not a single soul does he deprive of his gifts. All are provided the warmth of the sun, stars and a moon to guide us at night, life, everything.

He gives to all in abundance in hopes that we will some day take notice, and dare to recognise his grace in us and thereby mimic his love.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

There was a reason he said "depart from me"....

Does God do unto others?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Does God do unto others?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
]

Does God do unto others?

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Not a single soul does he deprive of his gifts. All are provided the warmth of the sun, stars and a moon to guide us at night, life, everything.

He gives to all in abundance in hopes that we will some day take notice, and dare to recognise his grace in us and thereby mimic his love.

With Love,

Your Brother

Sodom. The great flood.

Take your God's love and shove it.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sodom. The great flood.

Regards
DL

I have never been to Sodom my friend. Have you been to Sodom? Does it even exist?

Let's look at the legend eh?

Some angels show up and are welcomed in by Lot and his wife.

The villagers don't take kindly to strangers and demand that Lot turn them over to their lynch mob.

Lot says no.

The angels reveal themselves and warn Lot to flee the city.

Lot was warned to never look back or he too would be destroyed.

His wife looked back and became a pillar of salt.

Lot went on to continue the saga.

So what is the moral here?

Treat strangers kindly.

When an unkind city is being destroyed, DON'T LOOK BACK.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 24-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Bible is a(t least) fifteenth-hand variation of some of the things written by those who cared to write it down and then translated (!) very questionably, and voted on by committee with agendae (!) as to
A) what language it was written in, and
B) who was allowed access to it, and
C) all interpretations had to pass muster with the head honcho.

In real, daily life, God doesn't appear to be doing a whole lot of much about anything at this point....

which maybe means by doing 'nothing at all', he is actually living the golden rule! Or, he's just keeping score.

I dunno....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Sodom. The great flood.

Actually I had a thread a while back about the flood. Unfortunately it was shut down....many Christians can not agree on what one book says.

But from that I would estimate.......

19% - the flood never happened
39% - it did happen as a local event
39% - it did happen, and was a global event
3% - Noah did not exist, there was no Ark, and the flood did happen

There are 43,0000+ different religions all based on ONE book. So to understand them, you have to get the individual perspectives (since there are 43,000 different interpretations of this book)

The big problem is, most of them get angry if you start asking logical questions.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

With Love,

Your Brother

Sodom. The great flood.

Regards
DL

And you called yourself a Gnostic Christian on another thread?
Enjoy eternity with your real God, dude.

edit on 1/24/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: post

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Does God do unto others?

Regards
DL
In your OP, you said God demanded that Jesus bear the sins of those who would repent and I explained that when it said he bore the sins of the world, it meant he became numbered with the sinners. The doctors of the Law gave him a test to see if he followed the law when they presented to him a woman caught in adultery, where apparently, according to them, she was undoubtedly engaged in exactly that. At this point you may want to ask if Jesus was put into the position of God by these people, so here was his opportunity to judge the world in this person accused and he later says, 'Where are your accusers? Neither do I accuse you.' the idea being, without an accuser, people are not going to be getting punished, even if they deserve it anyway.
That's all well in good from the viewpoint of Jesus being God, but if you view Jesus as a man, then he is placed as the greatest of sinners by not joining into the accusation against the woman, and perhaps indirectly encouraging others to behave in a bad way, expecting to be let off by a compassionate judge.

I guess your real question is: why Jesus had to go through all that anyway, and was God being evil to Jesus, and not doing unto Jesus as He would want to be done to?
I think the way to look at this situation is as Jesus here representing God on earth. Jesus is being baptized and there is a tear in the fabric of space and seen through that was God in heaven in glory saying, 'This is my son', where from that point on, you have to see him as a divinity. That being so, he makes himself a sinner and accordingly is put to death while God turns His back on him, as if he really was deserving of that fate, but then to be raised, once it is discovered that he was actually right. Being compassionate instead of vengeful is determined, after Jesus' death, to have been the right thing all along so he is recompensed by being given the inheritance which had been awaiting the right person to take it up, and is now king on the highest throne in the universe, over the entire world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I guess your real question is: why Jesus had to go through all that anyway, and was God being evil to Jesus, and not doing unto Jesus as He would want to be done to?
I think the way to look at this situation is as Jesus here representing God on earth. Jesus is being baptized and there is a tear in the fabric of space and seen through that was God in heaven in glory saying, 'This is my son', where from that point on, you have to see him as a divinity. That being so, he makes himself a sinner and accordingly is put to death while God turns His back on him, as if he really was deserving of that fate, but then to be raised, once it is discovered that he was actually right. Being compassionate instead of vengeful is determined, after Jesus' death, to have been the right thing all along so he is recompensed by being given the inheritance which had been awaiting the right person to take it up, and is now king on the highest throne in the universe, over the entire world.

Jesus said why he came, "to fulfill the law and the prophets"

The prophets declared that the messiah would be nailed to a cross. All the things about Jesus had to be done to fulfill prophecy.

And it fulfilled the Law, Love one another, which fulfills all the commandments of Moses.

There is no greater love than to sacrifice one's life for another.

The heaven Jesus saw was a world where the Law was written on Man's heart that he would live in peace one with the other. He sacrificed his own flesh to the greater glory of God by fulfilling the prophecies and the law, that we might inherit the kingdom he saw.

The jews must accept his work though.

Or prophecy still goes unfulfilled in their hearts, and they remain seperate from God, not knowing the spirit of the Law.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The jews must accept his work though.

This is rendered irrelevant in the face of the apocalypse being a done deal and now Israel is expanded to include all who believe in God and do His will, which is to believe in His son.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

This is rendered irrelevant in the face of the apocalypse being a done deal and now Israel is expanded to include all who believe in God and do His will, which is to believe in His son.

If you believed in his Son you would do as he commanded.

That was all he asked.

He didn't say worship him.

He said to love the LEAST of these his Brethren.

I am a Jew. How? Because Jesus is my Brother.

He said he would deny no one who did not deny him. So, it is already sworn testimony.

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join