It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God ---- Do unto others?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Does God ---- Do unto others?

You bet! The God of the Bible is great deal more Evil that the Devil ever was....
God's Evil Deeds

The God of the Christian Bible is Evil

Bible Atrocities

Drunk With Blood: God's killings in the Bible

And Jesus, of course, told many lies....

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22)

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)

"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." (Matthew 18:19-20)

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13-14)

I know these are outright lies. A few years ago, a group of Christians came to our house to "save" us all. I told them we are Wiccans, and that I have researched their Bible through and through, and a few other things, and the preacher of the group asked me if I was not afraid of going to Hell? I told him Hell was an imagined place, and did not exist. He turned to his "people," and said to them, "Let's pray." With that, he, and the others asked Jesus to hold me over the pits of Hell to show me that it was real. I just stood there, waiting for them to open their eyes. When they did, I told them, "see? I am still here, so your Jesus is a bald faced liar!"
They all left, quite disappointed, from the looks I got. They never came back. Wonder why? If Jesus really answered prayers, the World would be a better place, but I have never seen that. The World gets worse and worse with each year. Glad this is the last one.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
And Jesus, of course, told many lies....

No he didn't.

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:21-22)

Works for me. Are you sure you believe you will receive what you ask for? Believing is key.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." (Matthew 7:7-8)

Yep, this has been a truism all my life too. What are you asking for that you have not received?

"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst." (Matthew 18:19-20)

Now how many believe this my friend? Belief is key again. Have you heard anyone gather in Jesus's name to ask for anything? I have never heard of a group of jesus' gathering together.

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13-14)

Seems pretty straight forward. What do you want done? I will do it in the name of the father and Son that they may be glorified.

I know these are outright lies.

Are they really lies or did you actually apply them yourself?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The World gets worse and worse with each year. Glad this is the last one.

I agree with most of your post but not this.

Check the stats for two of the main markers for evil, violent death and slavery, and you will find that they are the best, per capita that we have ever enjoyed.

Regards
DL

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Im not sure my God follows the golden rule, but I believe he does have a law (karma) which ensures absolute justice. However I think that many people have to endure suffering that they did nothing to deserve. I cannot be sure of this because I am not omniscient. However I do believe that what comes around goes around and that you cannot escape the consequences of your own bad actions, or the rewards for your good actions. I believe you are punished by your actions and not for them. For more information about karma please read

Reincarnation and Karma (they tie in with one another)
www.yogebooks.com...

edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: Stated something as a fact by accident

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MoeSantana

If you believe in Karma then you should know that this...

However I think that many people have to endure suffering that they did nothing to deserve.

is incorrect....

Everyone gets exactly what they deserve... these people suffer because of the negative Karma from their past lives...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Everyone gets exactly what they deserve... these people suffer because of the negative Karma from their past lives...

Im split 50/50 on that one, but I just leave myself as unsure because the answer to that question doesn't effect the way I should live my life (im still morally obligated to be a good person no matter the answer to that question)
You are probably right though. However that has led some people to not cure people with sickness because they must have deserved it, and other things along that line. As long as people dont take it that way then I see no harm coming from that belief. Not accusing you of that just that some people have used that reason to attack the idea of karma.

edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: rewording

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

The World gets worse and worse with each year. Glad this is the last one.

I agree with most of your post but not this.

Check the stats for two of the main markers for evil, violent death and slavery, and you will find that they are the best, per capita that we have ever enjoyed.

Regards
DL

I'd like to see the stats you are talking about. Evil would be very difficult to measure. What I consider evil you might consider perfectly fine, for example the abortion procedure. Which could and IMO should be considered a violent death. As for slavery, I see us in the US as being "owned" by the government more and more as our liberties are being stripped away.
edit on 1/25/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

However that has led some people to not cure people with sickness because they must have deserved it, and other things along that line.

Then that is their own undoing...

If you deny someone in need you will be subject to judgement... This is how Jesus handled this situation

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That is why I said that regardless of the answer to that, I am still morally obligated to help others.

Like I said I mentioned that because some people think that that frees them from the moral obligation to help someone.
edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Now how many believe this my friend? Belief is key again. Have you heard anyone gather in Jesus's name to ask for anything? I have never heard of a group of jesus' gathering together.

Friend, I know people who end every prayer with, "In Jesus name, Amen." This is common in most all churches here in the Appalachians. Where do you live, and what brand of Christianity is there, if I may ask?

Yep, this has been a truism all my life too. What are you asking for that you have not received?

Nothing, really, but I ask nothing in a man's name. Or a woman's name. I just get that which I need, when I need it. Always have, always will. As long as I thank the Divine mother for every meal, I always have a meal to eat.

Are they really lies or did you actually apply them yourself? With Love, Your Brother

Here is the thing, I am not calling the man a liar, I am calling the authors of the book liars. They created a book about a man many years after he dies, they brought a dead man back to life, making him invincible, and made him Divine. In other words, the authors of the NT, wheich I highly suspect a Roman Family named Piso wrote the book. An agenda was at work, and still is. If you can see it, you are wise.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You are right on with that one. I myself served off many years of family Karma, and have suffered Karma from my own actions too. No one escapes, or is above this Law.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

. . . I ask nothing in a man's name . . .

God's name is, Jesus, now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I'm glad you think it has been better. From my own POV, I have seen war after war, endless killings, the starvation of children, and the torture of children, and the exploitation of women and children on the rise. I have seen prices on everything go up and up, from groceries to services. I have seen sickness go up. I have seen more and more homeless people, their home taken from them by the bankers.

I hear of Earthquakes all over the world of late. A few days ago, a rift opened in the sea off the coast of Hong Cong. I have heard of snow in the Sahara Desert, and in other desert areas. It is clear that Mother Earth is getting near death, and is ready to begin the Purification process that happens ever 26-38,000 years.

May I ask the location of this paradise you speak of, friend?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Friend, I know people who end every prayer with, "In Jesus name, Amen." This is common in most all churches here in the Appalachians. Where do you live, and what brand of Christianity is there, if I may ask?

Silly Christians, they were admonished not to pray with wrote memorisation like the Romans. As if Jesus ended every prayer with "In Jesus Name".

No, he talked to God much like I am talking to you. Much like you talk to yourself when you are reasoning a problem.

I am a Palero, so I don't know much about the flavors of Christianity. I never tried a Christian. I imagine they would taste like lamb.

Nothing, really, but I ask nothing in a man's name. Or a woman's name. I just get that which I need, when I need it. Always have, always will. As long as I thank the Divine mother for every meal, I always have a meal to eat.

Divine mother, Odin, God what ever. tomato tomahtoe.

Here is the thing, I am not calling the man a liar, I am calling the authors of the book liars.

You did call the man a liar. You said specifically, "Jesus told many lies..."

That really is the only reason I even responded to your post. Say what you want about anyone and it is your own judgement to do so, but judge Jesus, and well, I am HIS defense attorney.

He never lied.

What other have done in his name, I cannot vouch for.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 25-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

But Jesus said he did his works in the name of the father, I AM.

So while Jesus may be a God to some, he is not THE God to others, not even himself.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I believe there are at least two on the side of the defendant...

If you are his attorney... i will happily be your law clerk...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

No one is beneath me my friend. How about co-counsel?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by IAMIAM

No one is beneath me my friend. How about co-counsel?

With Love,

Your Brother

Excellent... i only submit to your proclaimation because i've known you to be a little more eloquent then i...

but very well... let the accusers come and break like waves against the shore ...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

So while Jesus may be a God to some, he is not THE God to others, not even himself.

That does not affect what I was taking about.
I said God's name is Jesus, meaning Jesus came to be the name of God, as opposed to what a lot of people think, which is that Jesus was the word of God, which the NT does not say literally.
Jesus was the demonstration of the power of the Word but not the Word itself.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

Originally posted by jmdewey60

But Jesus said he did his works in the name of the father, I AM.

With Love,

Your Brother

My issue is with your saying: "not even to himself"

Matthew 28:18 And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth.

If you have all authority in heaven and earth you are God.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join