It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

Can we get a person who actually speaks Farsi to correct this man on what was REALLY said?

Until then, here is the correct translation of the president of Iran.

The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time
Ahmadinejad

He DID NOT threaten to "wipe Israel off the map".

The same reason you're confused on this topic is the same reason why I think you're confused about Japan and China being allies, China allowing NK to invade SK, and Japan wanting to NUKE D.C.

And you're throwing the I word (ignorant) around quite a bit for somebody that can't seem to separate truth from fiction.

edit on 23-1-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Really Santorum? Sorry I'd like a Prez that doesn't build his platform upon his hatred of people, or simple ignorance in history is used to push their agenda. I'd like a leader that pushes form simple plain equality, freedom, and well being of the masses. No I don't mean Universal healthcare (Though it is a wonderful thought and it would be great if it was possible to do with out the massive entanglement, HUGE waits and lessening of healthcare quality)

Marriage Equality Great, I don't see how the genitalia of your choice of spouse should exclude you from basic Financial and medical benefits. Ricks typical response to Gay Marriage "What about Polygamy??" Frankly as long as the people involved are consenting adults and wish to create their own legal contracts to emulate marriage I don't care. (Remember Utah had greater rights for women, including the right to vote, BEFORE the LDS church dropped polygamy in exchange for Statehood) Most of the abuses with in Polygamy are a products of it's Criminal status. Can't regulate something in the shadows of society. It has to be out in the open to legislate it.

In the end who do I want? Somebody who isn't running, and has no real desire to become President. Someone who would do the job as best they could as best for the country and it's people. Period. I don't care who Dem Rep Christian Muslim Buddhist Jewish Born in Kenya I don't give a flip, just take the Corps, and the money out of Politics. Revise the tax code so everyone pays their share ( or pay taxes at all ). I don't mind my taxes going to Foodstamps or Wellfare, anyone who's actually ever been on any form of Government assistance knows you can't just collect the money forever and leech of the system. It's actually pretty hard to get Gov benefit's after about a while. Just as long as the system actually works in a way to help people become more successful and self reliant. Realistically some people would simply never get by if they could get assistance. What has changed is that we no longer take care of our family members. People used to take care of their parents after they retired...Not very many still do.

Is Ron Paul the answer?? Ya No but he could push Obama a little left here a little right there and we could actually get some where. With out so much BS backroom deals. Because realistically Obama will win another term, all the GOP has accomplished thus far is to look ever more incompetent then they did with Palin. If they were Smart they'd have Pushed for Huntsmann, He wasn't given an Ambassadorial position because Obama Likes him Obama saw him as a threat. He given the GOP backing and allowed a real stage would have a chance at drawling vote from Obama, I'm rather sure the OWS would find him attractive too.
edit on 23-1-2012 by PriestOfAries because: I can't spell lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
reply to post by SLAYER69

You got life all screwed up....YOU said our presence make them think twice and then you say its just a token force. Your all over the place and yes i know where blowback originated and it fits. Our current foreign policy is plagued with CIA operations.

And you really think the world is at peace?

I'll chime in....no we are not at peace and we are far from peace. that's why i said RP's golden rule is wrong place wrong time for our country. Our presence in Korea does keep the South Koreans safe and pulling out would ensure their death....that's not even debatable..... I agree our current foreign policy is full of cia operations...but our current policy doesn't leave us vulnerable sitting at home with our thumbs up our a$$ waiting to be punched first.... our current status in this world and the way the world is today just doesn't line up with a golden rule attitude...not yet. there's too many steps that need to be put in place before that can happen....bottom line. if people would look at this with an open mind and not be so biased and pro-RP no matter what the f*ck the old bastard says...you'd see and probably agree. Timing is OFF right now

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PriestOfAries

Really Santorum? Sorry I'd like a Prez that doesn't build his platform upon his hatred of people, or simple ignorance in history is used to push their agenda. I'd like a leader that pushes form simple plain equality, freedom, and well being of the masses. No I don't mean Universal healthcare (Though it is a wonderful thought and it would be great if it was possible to do with out the massive entanglement, HUGE waits and lessening of healthcare quality)

Marriage Equality Great, I don't see how the genitalia of your choice of spouse should exclude you from basic Financial and medical benefits. Ricks typical response to Gay Marriage "What about Polygamy??" Frankly as long as the people involved are consenting adults and wish to create their own legal contracts to emulate marriage I don't care. (Remember Utah had greater rights for women, including the right to vote, BEFORE the LDS church dropped polygamy in exchange for Statehood) Most of the abuses with in Polygamy are a products of it's Criminal status. Can't regulate something in the shadows of society. It has to be out in the open to legislate it.

In the end who do I want? Somebody who isn't running, and has no real desire to become President. Someone who would do the job as best they could as best for the country and it's people. Period. I don't care who Dem Rep Christian Muslim Buddhist Jewish Born in Kenya I don't give a flip, just take the Corps, and the money out of Politics. Revise the tax code so everyone pays their share ( or pay taxes at all ). I don't mind my taxes going to Foodstamps or Wellfare, anyone who's actually ever been on any form of Government assistance knows you can't just collect the money forever and leech of the system. It's actually pretty hard to get Gov benefit's after about a while. Just as long as the system actually works in a way to help people become more successful and self reliant. Realistically some people would simply never get by if they could get assistance. What has changed is that we no longer take care of our family members. People used to take care of their parents after they retired...Not very many still do.

Is Ron Paul the answer?? Ya No but he could push Obama a little left here a little right there and we could actually get some where. With out so much BS backroom deals. Because realistically Obama will win another term, all the GOP has accomplished thus far is to look ever more incompetent then they did with Palin. If they were Smart they'd have Pushed for Huntsmann, He wasn't given an Ambassadorial position because Obama Likes him Obama saw him as a threat. He given the GOP backing and allowed a real stage would have a chance at drawling vote from Obama, I'm rather sure the OWS would find him attractive too.
edit on 23-1-2012 by PriestOfAries because: I can't spell lol

I can respect your post. I for one do take care of my sick father, sick grandmother, my mother and my son....that's neither here nor there but i understand where you are coming from on your post. I personally wish we could take bits and pieces of each candidate and make a president. I'm like you...i'm not 100% sold on any one of them. I am sold that I can't sign-off on the golden rule though....

I think if Obama wins another term, we will never see another president of the united states. I fully believe that. He's attempted to back door policy our 2nd amendment right...he's implemented NDAA already...there's just too many things he's doing behind closed doors as you mentioned earlier that lead me to believe he has an ulterior motive and we've yet to see his end game....

my entire thread is that RP and the golden rule are unacceptable in my eyes, a veteran, a patriot to the bone, and a father.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

North Korea CANNOT take over South Korea by itself. Please realize this. South Korea has better military equipment and has a stronger military than North Korea (South Korea also is more advanced in air superiority). North Korea likes to taunt South Korea, but they never actually do anything because they know they will get destroyed/things would get out of control. The only chance North Korea has of taking over South Korea is if China aids them in the war, but first a little history: During the Korean War, China (being communist and supporting North Korea), did not enter the conflict UNTIL we pushed North Korea to the brink of China's borders. Once we got close to their land (I believe we may have actually gone on it) they finally entered the conflict. So assuming China does enter the war against South Korea for whatever reason, the United States would then enter because we are allied with South Korea. This would in turn become more of a China vs. America situation than a North Korea vs. South Korea situation and could (most likely) escalate far higher than we can imagine.

China does not want to get entangled with a battle involving South Korea because they know what could happen. Another World War is not something any country (well, any rational country) wants to see.

* Understand that I'm not saying South Korea would defeat North Korea effortlessly. A large amount of damage would be sustained by South Korea, but based on their military, they would win.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee

Originally posted by eLPresidente
OP, you still haven't provided evidence of intelligence that Japan wants to nuke D.C.

Afterall, that IS what you claimed would happen if we left South Korea?

You must've gotten this information (or misinformation) from some source, unless it is your own little conspiracy theory.

Have you ever been to Pearl Harbor? If so, you would notice the thousands of Japanese that travel there as well. Do you think they are coming there as a sign of respect for our lost soldiers? NO....they are there because it's a memorial for their victory, for their big f*ck you america in their history books. There's no conspiracy theory behind Japan hating us...it's in the history books. You think they like us more because we dropped 2 atomic bombs on them? WTF is your problem? You're puzzled....it's simple. N.Korea and China are allies. Japan and China are allies. N. Korea takes over S. Korea and kills millions when we leave. N. Korea, Japan, China are also allies of Iran, who in-fact can cause us major problems militarily speaking.... don't be a naive and ignorant respondent....read your history before you post about misinformation. These are all very plausible scenarios if you remove our troops from our foreign locations.

your ignorance and stupidity is a shame

Japan and China Allies? what are you smoking! They hate each other more than they hate the USA. Heard of the Rape of Nanking? The constant low level tit for tat arrests between them? The fact we are there specifically to protect Japan? That we used Japan as a base from which to launch to Korea? I mean honestly you claim others are ignorant and stupid, look in the mirror if you want to try claim that Japan and China are allies!

Edit: Also a lot of the resentment for the USA in Japan today comes from the fact that US soldiers based there have regularly committed crimes such as rape on the locals.
edit on 23-1-2012 by bonnieprince because: Adding info

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Can we get a person who actually speaks Farsi to correct this man on what was REALLY said?

Ahmadinejad

The same reason you're confused on this topic is the same reason why I think you're confused about Japan and China being allies, China allowing NK to invade SK, and Japan wanting to NUKE D.C.

And you're throwing the I word (ignorant) around quite a bit for somebody that can't seem to separate truth from fiction.

so you are saying that "vanishing from the page of time" was used in a sense of peaceful removal???

and you are sitting there telling me that china and japan and korea would not be allies against the united states?

and one more question, you are saying that i'm wrong, japan would not want to nuke DC or strike out at America?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I'll chime in....no we are not at peace and we are far from peace. that's why i said RP's golden rule is wrong place wrong time for our country. Our presence in Korea does keep the South Koreans safe and pulling out would ensure their death....that's not even debatable..... I agree our current foreign policy is full of cia operations...but our current policy doesn't leave us vulnerable sitting at home with our thumbs up our a$$ waiting to be punched first.... our current status in this world and the way the world is today just doesn't line up with a golden rule attitude...not yet. there's too many steps that need to be put in place before that can happen....bottom line. if people would look at this with an open mind and not be so biased and pro-RP no matter what the f*ck the old bastard says...you'd see and probably agree. Timing is OFF right now

Just a question. How long does it take to deploy our military might to SK? What you are syaing is if we pull our troops form SK, NK will attack knowing we will come back and defend SK.

That makes zero sense, Just because we leave doesn't mean we will not defend SK. So you think NK will attack if they know we will come back to SK defense? If thats the case how is 30000 American troops stopping them from attacking now? Either way we would intervene so what difference does it make ?..

Just a little logic
edit on 23-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

OP, you still haven't provided evidence of intelligence that Japan wants to nuke D.C.

You must've gotten this information (or misinformation) from some source, unless it is your own little conspiracy theory.

Have you ever been to Pearl Harbor? If so, you would notice the thousands of Japanese that travel there as well. Do you think they are coming there as a sign of respect for our lost soldiers? NO....they are there because it's a memorial for their victory, for their big f*ck you america in their history books. There's no conspiracy theory behind Japan hating us...it's in the history books. You think they like us more because we dropped 2 atomic bombs on them? WTF is your problem? You're puzzled....it's simple. N.Korea and China are allies. Japan and China are allies. N. Korea takes over S. Korea and kills millions when we leave. N. Korea, Japan, China are also allies of Iran, who in-fact can cause us major problems militarily speaking.... don't be a naive and ignorant respondent....read your history before you post about misinformation. These are all very plausible scenarios if you remove our troops from our foreign locations.

Japan and China Allies? what are you smoking! They hate each other more than they hate the USA. Heard of the Rape of Nanking? The constant low level tit for tat arrests between them? The fact we are there specifically to protect Japan? That we used Japan as a base from which to launch to Korea? I mean honestly you claim others are ignorant and stupid, look in the mirror if you want to try claim that Japan and China are allies!

Edit: Also a lot of the resentment for the USA in Japan today comes from the fact that US soldiers based there have regularly committed crimes such as rape on the locals.

I apologize...Japan and China are not allies...Russia and China. You're responding to me...I'm responding to everyone. I was mistaken. sorry

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

North Korea and South Korea are technically at WAR.

Can you tell me when the peace treaty was signed?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonnieprince

My apologies, I said Japan and China as allies and I meant Russia and China. and I 100% believe Japan would strike us if given an opportunity, simply out of retaliation. I don't trust our partnership

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by ker2010

North Korea and South Korea are technically at WAR.

Can you tell me when the peace treaty was signed?

NEVER...at a cease fire still

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

What absolute crap! perhaps you should have a good think about your own moral values and the actual state of your country before spewing out a nonsense thread like this. Ron Paul is popular among the young awaken people not just of the USA but the world. The older populatiion needs to step aside and let us change things because they are surely going to drag this younger generation through hell. WAKE UP!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Another thing that doesn't make sense is our military is so much more advanced and powerful than other country's
military's how will closing down bases make our military advantage disappear?

If country's do not have the military means to attack us now how does closing down bases change that fact? They still will not have the military might to go up against us!!!

So your saying if we remove our bases, magically overnight all our enemies will have ICBMs, advanced Aircraft carriers and destroyers and F-22 Raptor equivalent fighters?

To think the USA is the big dog on the block you pit-bulls sure are scared of the Chihuahuas

Just makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Just a question. How long does it take to deploy our military might to SK? What you are syaing is if we pull our troops form SK, NK will attack knowing we will come back and defend SK.

That makes zero sense, Just because we leave doesn't mean we will not defend SK. So you think NK will attack if they know we will come back to SK defense? If thats the case how is 30000 American troops stopping them from attacking now? Either way we would intervene so what difference does it make ?..

Just a little logic
edit on 23-1-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

That logic would be great...but I'm certain we can't defend SK in the less than 5 minutes it would take NK to overtake SK. Logic on that scenario, well WTF are we doing there if we can't help them...and we can't. if NK attacked SK, our presence would be but a speed bump...but it would be an act of war on our soldiers...and NK would be pretty centralized wouldn't they? We could then feasibly make Korea a glass island.... so our presence of troops there not only protects the SKoreans, it keeps NK scared of a war retaliation that could end their entire country.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad

so you are saying that "vanishing from the page of time" was used in a sense of peaceful removal???

and you are sitting there telling me that china and japan and korea would not be allies against the united states?

and one more question, you are saying that i'm wrong, japan would not want to nuke DC or strike out at America?

Despite what you you wish to think, not every language is spoken in English context. What did you say earlier about ignorance???

There is no way to explain this to you unless you want to go through some edumacation of the Israeli (Zionist) regime. In which case, ATS can provide plenty of.

I'm telling you China and Japan are not allies but they do trade. Would they be allies against America? Who knows it DEPENDS on what conditions the future holds on the global scale. They MAY or MAY NOT.

Yes, I'm telling you that you are absolutely insane for suggesting Japan wants to nuke D.C. especially when you have no source proving or giving a little bit of credibility to your claims. Another member brought up that you are taking that idea from a fictional Clancy novel. Is this true?

Also, where is M.A.D. in all of this Japan wanting to nuke us?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Regardless you are saying NK will not attack SK because of our troops at the border. Im asking you if America warns NK that they are leaving the border but any attack on SK would be considered a attack on the USA and we will mobilize within 24 hours of attack and deal with them whats the difference?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention: Iran has the 3rd largest concentration of Jews in the World.

And Iranian/Persian decent is one of the largest demographics in Israel. Yeah.. a huge portion of Jews, in Israel, are in fact descended from .... Persians, when they migrated enmass in 1948.

But Western media certainly wouldn't tell you that!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010

Another thing that doesn't make sense is our military is so much more advanced and powerful than other country's
military's how will closing down bases make our military advantage disappear?

If country's do not have the military means to attack us now how does closing down bases change that fact? They still will not have the military might to go up against us!!!

So your saying if we remove our bases, magically overnight all our enemies will have ICBMs, advanced Aircraft carriers and destroyers and F-22 Raptor equivalent fighters?

To think the USA is the big dog on the block you pit-bulls sure are scared of the Chihuahuas

Just makes no sense.

Not at all...the thought of minding our own business and allowing other countries to mind their own business would be a great plan if the other countries would do it. we know they won't. do you want to take a chance for the next 4 years of minding your own business and allowing our enemies to operate without interference from the US? I don't

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I agree with you. This guy has no clue. But, his wish may be fulfilled, He, his wife, his sons and daughters, grandchildren and beyond, can rot in the socioeconomic turmoil that will bring this country and the world into chaos. NO Food, NO Fuel, NO Say, NO do. NO Work, NO Drive, NO Peace, NO Security. NO Security. NO security NO security. NO Home!! Plenty of doubt. Doubt. Do I steal my neighbors food, to feed mine. Would you kill you neighbor to feed you kids? Would you kill your neighbor to feed your kids? Would your neighbor BE your kid's food. Literally!!!!!!!!!!!! You people can remember this post when your kids are starving and you are deciding on whom you are going to eat next.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join