It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparesomechange
First of all get your facts straight, Ron Paul is not against gays getting married or pro-drugs as u explained it. He is against the government deciding these issues for us. You have been misled by the media to believe that he is for or against certain topics. Watch when news castors ask him questions or comment on what he says, they always present him as dangerous or they say he just flat out can't be president. I like Ron Paul because he is the only candidate addressing issues that affect me, listen to everyone else, every single other candidate is saying they will put sanctions on Iran or do whatever it takes to establish america as the top world power again. This is the perception that America should be put before everything else in the world. Sanctions will deprive the Iranians of food and water, and war could possibly kill us all. China and Russia will side with Iran.

this thread is too deep in for me to discuss RP and his other stances....my thread is about his foreign policy and golden rule. i appreciate you taking the time to read it and can appreciate that you like the man because he addressed you as an individual. Take your last sentence you wrote...there's the winning sentence of the night...his golden rule foreign policy is naive!!!! it makes the US vulnerable to China N Korea, Japan, Iran, Russia if you want to throw them in there too.....that's what this is about....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ
30,000 US soldiers at the DMZ cant stop that missile. But a patriot missile battery in Hawaii might. And NK lobs rounds down south without thinking twice, so it's already a moot point....next.

Are you purposely trying to be funny?

30,000 troops are a token force. They know it and we know it. We are South Korea's support. They would do the heavy fighting and heavy lifting.

The current policy is such a success, right? Covert action followed by blowback and then we liberate and educate. We'll teach them to like us by precision predator strikes.

Blow back is a CIA term. I smell 9/11 was it or wasn't it an Inside job?

While you are mulling that one over. Riddle me this.
How many Global conflicts [costing lives in the hundreds of millions like WW-II] have broken out in the past...

ohh

I dunno

last 40 or 50 years?

I'd say even at the cost you have mentioned whether you'll admit it or not is a cheap price to pay for global peace by putting out regional flash points.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

we all know Hitler was a mad man or are you saying North Korea is one as well, or their leaders? that being Un, il was ill but he is gone now, but what about Un? Would he turn on the south if the US left ?Or will he turn on the South if the US stays?or will it be "you stare at me I stare at you" for an other 50 years?

edit on 23-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

their would not be free rein. you know their still is a UN isent one of their jobs protecting world peace? and why is it that America has to do all of it. why cant UK,France, Germany do a little more if you think its so impotent to have troops everywhere. might as well put a base in every country right?

link   
OP, you still haven't provided evidence of intelligence that Japan wants to nuke D.C.

Afterall, that IS what you claimed would happen if we left South Korea?

You must've gotten this information (or misinformation) from some source, unless it is your own little conspiracy theory.

link   

Not really, I'm sick and tired of hearing the morons who diss Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by SLAYER69

but if i am right there would be peace, is giving peace a chance worth less than 2 lives, one life lost in an ongoing conflict is one to many when the act of pulling out could bring peace, an act if I was the Pres, or a risk I would be willing to take.

edit on 23-1-2012 by bekod because: editting

peace would be great...you aren't taking into consideration that we are dealing with irrational leaders and irrational ideals that will never change and never respect our way of life in America. Therefore you can't put your gloves down and take free punches because they will be coming....

link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Ron Paul believes that we, as a country, deserved...listen to me DESERVED the 9/11 attacks.

Complete nonsense!

I'm not even going to waste my time reading the rest of your OP.

Woooo! I wish I could give you a million stars, I didn't even bother reading after the first few sentences.... and if you people don't like, big deal I don't care.

link   

Yes history is what i look at, and we can get there in no time flat if threat develops. All you have to do is look how fast we got to iraq....twice.

RP certainly does not advocate drawing down the forces, on the contrary he speaks of strenghening them.

Now justify our arrival in Nigeria. Met an air force man leaving on six month deployment there. Why?

link   
OP, are you buying into the Iran war propaganda as well?

You do realize they were wrong and BS'ing about Iraq too, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
OP, you still haven't provided evidence of intelligence that Japan wants to nuke D.C.

You must've gotten this information (or misinformation) from some source, unless it is your own little conspiracy theory.

It's a Tom Clancy novel. i cant remember the name.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Oh...it makes sense.

Let's take fiction and try to convince others it is real.

OK.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Have you ever been to Pearl Harbor? If so, you would notice the thousands of Japanese that travel there as well. Do you think they are coming there as a sign of respect for our lost soldiers? NO....they are there because it's a memorial for their victory, for their big f*ck you america in their history books. There's no conspiracy theory behind Japan hating us...it's in the history books. You think they like us more because we dropped 2 atomic bombs on them? WTF is your problem? You're puzzled....it's simple. N.Korea and China are allies. Japan and China are allies. N. Korea takes over S. Korea and kills millions when we leave. N. Korea, Japan, China are also allies of Iran, who in-fact can cause us major problems militarily speaking.... don't be a naive and ignorant respondent....read your history before you post about misinformation. These are all very plausible scenarios if you remove our troops from our foreign locations.

your ignorance and stupidity is a shame

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

OP, are you buying into the Iran war propaganda as well?

You do realize they were wrong and BS'ing about Iraq too, right?

you haven't read the entire thread.... iran's only goal is to rid israel off the face of the planet. we are allies with israel, therefore we are indeed involved. i mentioned earlier my thoughts on iraq...i do not believe there were WMD and i don't believe we went for oil either....

this is all about RP and his stance on foreign policy and how my opinion is that policy alone should make him a non-factor at the polls.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by sonnny1

we all know Hitler was a mad man or you saying North Korea is one as well or their leaders? tat being Un, il was ill but he is gone now but what about Un? would he turn on the south if the US left or will he turn on the South if the US stays?or will it be "you stare at me I stare at you" for an other 50 years?

I am highly skeptical of NK. ANY country that says their "nuclear ambitions" are for peaceful purposes,and then decides to build nuclear bombs,makes me skeptical.........

Its highly obvious,NK's yearly threats,to the nations around it.

There is no reason for it. As there is no reason to justify a Million troops on a border.

Imagine 1 million US troops on Mexicos border.........

BTW heres some interesting knowledge.......

In February 2007, U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates and South Korean Minister of National Defense Kim Jang-soo reaffirmed that the U.S. Force Korea (USFK), the combined U.S. air, ground, and naval forces, will transfer its wartime command authority to South Korea by 2012. But in September 2010, amid Seoul's concerns over North Korea's provocations, the two countries decided to delay the transition until 2015. The two have agreed on a slow drawdown in the number of U.S. troops, as well as a redeployment of American forces away from populated areas close to the northern border. The United States handed control of some military bases over to South Korea in 2004, and decreased its troop numbers from 37,000 in 2004 to 28,500 by 2008. South Korea is also included under the U.S. "nuclear umbrella," or "extended deterrence."

Guess we are leaving,slowly..............

No worries......

edit on 23-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee
i think he has the balls to go to war when needed and wouldn't take the approach of....

I dont think any president has the "balls" to go to war when needed. Name one president that actually fought a war.

Please dont be so fcking stupid. It's the poor schmucks like yourself (or your children) that will fight the war.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

Yes history is what i look at, and we can get there in no time flat if threat develops. All you have to do is look how fast we got to iraq....twice.

RP certainly does not advocate drawing down the forces, on the contrary he speaks of strenghening them.

Now justify our arrival in Nigeria. Met an air force man leaving on six month deployment there. Why?

Buddy, I'll never try to justify Obama and what he's been doing. I have no clue why we are in nigeria...I do believe that Obama's ulterior motive has not come to the front yet though. I think it will very soon and I also think that all of this argument for a new president and who should or shouldn't may be a waste of our time. I believe Obama's agenda for our country are not what they appear or we've been led to believe.

a lot of people are arguing for reasons that are irrelevant to this conversation for the sake of argument and debate. LOL. i like some of RP's policies...I just don't agree with the golden f'in rule... I believe it leaves us vulnerable as a country.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Ron Paul believes that we, as a country, deserved...listen to me DESERVED the 9/11 attacks.

Funnily enough, if we'd been following Paul's foreign policy from the start 9/11 would never have happened.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You got life all screwed up....YOU said our presence make them think twice and then you say its just a token force. Your all over the place and yes i know where blowback originated and it fits. Our current foreign policy is plagued with CIA operations.

And you really think the world is at peace?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee
i think he has the balls to go to war when needed and wouldn't take the approach of....

I dont think any president has the "balls" to go to war when needed. Name one president that actually fought a war.

Please dont be so fcking stupid. It's the poor schmucks like yourself (or your children) that will fight the war. [/quote

First off, if you want to address me, refrain from calling me a schmuck as I've not called you a name....isn't that the golden rule? hahahaha. f*ck you!!! that statement you made is of 3rd grade intelligence.... do you actually sit there and think my statement of a president having balls to go to war actually meant the president picks up an m-4 and says, c'mon troopers...we're gonnna attack that hill!!! hahaha

get off the page if you can't contribute anything worth a reply....a$$hole

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join