It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has Bird Flu now flown to obscurity???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So, why HAS Bird Flu flown to obscurity???

No, I'm not looking for a punchline, but rather someone with enough punch to spit on the fire of what we were led to believe was meant to of been a major pandemic global emergency???

My issue isn't whether it was real, but why-- as it WAS so feared-- is it no longer "an item" on the news?

Why not, indeed....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Media got bored of it.

Media events like that always get replaced.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

True.

But its still a sickening set of imagery of birds being stuffed into stacks, thrown on the back of a lorry, and then tipped into a pit, and buried alive.

We even had on full-colour full-page shoot of a live chicken jumping out of a fire of other chickens!!!

I mean, thats on par with the jumpers of 9/11 I remember seeing in the live feed o the news that day!!!

Sure, the media get bored, but at the expense of snipping away at desensitising us in little ways....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's why I don't watch TV at all and try and read from independant news sources.

Most mass media is just fear mongering, desensitizing biased BS.

It was the same with the tsunami that killed 250,000 people or the Fukushima plant. They gorged over it for so long, hypothesizing about similar scenarios and what might happen if other nuclear plants went kaboom.

As soon as the next thing came along you never hear about it again, except if its the anniversary or something.

Just sickens me when real topics like that disappear to show Obama playing golf or some politician buying himself a lamp with tax payers money.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Futurcrat1

Its actually making a comeback-There was recently the case of a Chinese bus driver who had not been in contact with birds who died of the disease(which raised the possibility of a mutation allowing the disease to jump from person to person).

Have a look around the China/Vietnam/Indonesia area on this disaster map-there are a few cases right now.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

So if anything its actually looking as though its making a comeback,rather than fading into obscurity sadly.

edit on 22/1/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: SP

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I had to smile then. You said ALOT of truth, friend!!!

There's a nickname for Tony Blair in one of the tabloids here in Britain were he's been called Tanned Tone, as he's very well-known to be very well-off-- and he's not got a dodgy sun-tan, too!!!

Media flakeyness is truly stunning, and I remember all that conjecture about the Fukushima tragedy.

Seeing people lose their livelihoods and homes, and even their lives, surely tails the fixation the networks had given the 9/11 events were literally on loop for WEEKS and even MONTHS after!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Thanks for the info, friend!

Its dark stuff indeed the way some things have a regional base.

Here in England, the foot-and-mouth thing had an actual segment of the map it was all based in. They had that on the news, and it looked like some crime with very localised hot-spots the authorities were sussing out....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Don't you dare forget Mr. John "2 Jags" Prescott

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yeah the foot and mouth thing turned out to be leaking from a shady government bio facility if I remember...
Aha,here ya go:

An outbreak of "foot and mouth" disease in Britain has was caused by a strain of the virus which only exists in a government laboratory three miles away from the first reported case.
This strain of the virus does not occur naturally outside the lab and is not found in the wild.
The lab is owned by the British government and part of it is run by an American pharmaceutical corporation which profits from the manufacture and sale of "foot and mouth" vaccine.

www.theinsider.org...

Even the Mafia are not that shady...

Wonder if there are any western owned vaccine labs in Asia,working on a bird flu vaccine?
I bet there are loads,all of whom would profit from a release of the disease.

Sick world.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It hasn't...

mexico deaths

It's out there and being watched for changes. It's not so much the H1N1 variat their worried about... it's what comes next.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Ah, I know what you're getting at...

You mean, the life-of-its-own-strains... mutated from that which is hybridic to begin with....

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Thats what I was getting at!!!! hahahaha!!!!!

I still remember the map on the news of that very report like it was yesterday!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

It hasn't. People have a tendancy to ignore things like this though until it raises it head...again. And it even looks like we have people actively trying to do just that.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Eek!!!

For my own worth on the matter, it seems like a sensible thing to just discuss it here. As a Brit, the foot-and-mouth thing, and CJD-Mad Cow Disease are still in common memory...

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Here are a couple of recent(ish) threads on the re emergence of the bird flu,and how bad it would be if it mutated so it could spread from human to human.
They are by ATS legend Soficrow,who has got some serious knowledge on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Lots of info in there about this latest re emergence.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Thanks for that!!!

I'm engaged in three or four other threads too, so its information overload right now as you can imagine!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

They burn them alive to prevent disease spread, they try to have 0 contact to prevent infection to humans.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by timmhaines

I know, its savage stuff...

Makes you wonder how the Black Plague didn't wipe out so much more than it did given the severity of that event in centuries gone...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Because it was never more than a reason to sell a few more newspapers. It sold all it could and they moved on to something else. Hype never remains without substance.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Bird flu hasnt flown to obscurity just yet check out here ,
someone in china just died from it .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join